Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2015, 12:59 PM   #1

Cannot find buyer for RV

Howdy,
I have listed my 2003 Winnebago Adventurer on two national, and one local web site for sale. After a month not one call or e-mail. I am asking between 6k and 15k less than all others like mine. I would have thought at least a contact or two. On one web site 75 people looked at my ad. What can I do to at least start a dialog with someone about buying this RV? Health is main reason for sale. Thanks in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
Winter is a tough time for sellers, Hang lose, spring is coming and the buyers will soon shake off the cob webs and start scouring the net.

Look at the dealers photos, your photos should be like theirs, Nice at home, little flower vase on the table with the table ware set, blah, blah, blah.

You don't want photos showing a sink full of dishes and half dressed kids sleeping on bed.

CAUTION - A price thats to low can also scare buyers away.

Look at the new RV sites and

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:28 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
What waiter says.

Staging is an important part of a great way to make it look attractive, something people will want to be seen in and to live in.

One of the ladies beamisl is looking for something like you are selling. I will pass the information along to her.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:31 PM   #4

Lots of pictures and details of the equipment should pique most peoples interest. I agree that this is the time of year when new RVs are bought so it may just be a timing issue.

Good luck!
Old 04-02-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I would suggest advertising here on IRV2 and on AutoTrader.com. As others have said, don't low-ball it! Pick an average price and add OBO (or best offer) if you're willing to take less. Lot's of pictures!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:34 PM   #6

Thanks for the assist. Can stage the RV, and put flowers and stuff inside. Wonder if having the HD TV on would also help.
Again thanks.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:37 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Just hang in there! Now is the perfect time to sell it!

Believe it or not, local "swap shops" on Facebook might be an excellent way to sell it! I advertised a car on our locals and sold it two hours after placing the ad!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #8

Would certainly recommend RE Trader & RVT if you're not already there ... and as Joe recommended ... in the iRV2 classified .... you mite also try RacingJunk.com
Your price needs to be at market or a little above ... as mentioned earlier, if the price is too low ... usually indicates a red flag of sorts ....
Just completed our shopping last fall after a year and a half of shopping ... #justsayin

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #9
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't think you need TV on, If you can do a clean photo shoot, take it to the mall parking lot on Sunday when no one is there, You are shooting for a nice clean sterile background that highlights your product.

Again - look at what the dealers do, they do this 7 days a week, 365 a year. you do it a couple times in your life.

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:47 PM   #10

I advertised on many web sites and forums. I ended up selling it through Craig's List.
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Craigslist is where I sold our last coach. Bought current coach via RVtrader.com.

I provide lots of good pictures and ample info on things I am selling. Be realistic about condition and what is right and wrong. Be aware many buyers may be first time RV's, so don't assume the understand the value or benefit of certain features, or that they understand the terminology, when creating ads and supporting info. I want quality contacts, not quantity.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:19 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Sold our old Adventurer in days on Craigs List. Had about 15 pictures and listed everything wrong with it so people knew what to expect.
Romer1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #13

There is a limited market for 12 yr old coaches, so it doesn't surprise me that you have no action after only a month on 3 sites. I would expect it to take at least 6 months to find a serious buyer, using dozens of sites, with a very detailed ad with lots of pictures.
Since many of the selling sites are national coverage, you also need to be realistic about, if someone is interested in low price 12 yr old coach, how interested will they be in flying across the country just to check it out. Put more effort into local ads.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:56 PM   #14
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
As Jim2 stated above, it may take longer to sell a 12yo coach, but it IS sellable. In addition to pricing right, having it be spotless (put tire dressing on the tires), lots of "staged" crisp/clear photos (with blinds up to let in the most light) & detailed listing of options/upgrades, I'd also mention (if applicable) no-smoking/no-kids/no-pets & if you have service records. For buyers looking for no odors, those last 3 may catch someone's eye & knowing you have service records may catch the eye of a buyer looking for a well cared for coach.

That era probably also had slide outs. show interior photos with slides in.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote