Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
I tried to just edit my first entry, but did not find a way to do so, so sorry if you had to scroll to the bottom to read this... maybe a moderator could edit it and add the following.

Thank you all for all the well wishes... Other than the drama, stress and all the rest of the inconveniences we will have to endure over the next several months, everybody is OK.

We got some news today that the critical part needed for the repair is available, that being the front fiberglass cap (the whole front section). So, our coach, named Susie, is in the hospital for a facelift. She took a drunk's blow, but will be back, looking better than before.

All of the family; wife, cats, Susie and I look forward to crossing paths with all you back out on the road sometime in the future.... which is expected to be around September... or so.

Susie is at the Lazy Days hospital in the Tampa Bay, Fl area. So far, they have been wonderful to deal with, as always with all the dealings we have had with them.

All I can say is thank you all again.... and be careful out there.... there are a lot of dumb people loose out on the streets.
Zbugsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #44

Angry Looks like a total to me

If he moved that vehicle as far as you say, he was obviously in contact with the chasis and frame and without doubt did a lot of unseen damage to the underpinnings of your home. Hold the insurance company's (or Mommy and Daddy) feet to the fire and go new coach shopping on their dime.
jvanfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
Hope you got a chance to beat him with a tire iron before the cops showed up.

You know I have read several of your posts and I like how you think.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #46

wow that right there is some crazy shi$$$$$$ just thank the big man up there that you guys are ok, lets hope that bastard as insurance so you can get your RV fixed quick, good luck and sorry that this happened, Joe.
ninos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanfire View Post
If he moved that vehicle as far as you say, he was obviously in contact with the chasis and frame and without doubt did a lot of unseen damage to the underpinnings of your home. Hold the insurance company's (or Mommy and Daddy) feet to the fire and go new coach shopping on their dime.
I have to agree. Criminal Consequences aside, There is the possibility that serious and possibly irreparable damage has been done to your home. To find out later that the unseen damage places you and yours at risk would be almost worse than the act itself.

He should held accountable.
Txcirclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
You know I have read several of your posts and I like how you think.

My wife says I have an evil outlook on life, I just tell her I see things
very, very clearly now.....

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #49

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbugsii View Post
All I can say is thank you all again.... and be careful out there.... there are a lot of dumb people loose out on the streets.
Glad to hear you are OK and your home is going to be.

As to there being a lot of dumb people out there, You got that straight and the devil is finding ways to make more of 'em nearly every day.

Booze, Drugs, Texting (or just yacking on a cell phone to the point of distraction) over worked and thus over tired. And more.. People who drive on suspended or revoked (For good reason) licenses,, With no brakes and more.

I used to get to see their driving records... sadly usually AFTER the crash, (Professional hazard, Seeing too many driving records).

I recall sitting in court waiting to witness once.. A kid came up and ask the judge to let him off cause if found guilty they would suspend his license, Now in truth, This kid had not endangered anyone, He had not taken serious chances. And sans the driving record I'd have been inclined to let him off. But though I could not read his record from where I was seated.. I know the "Format" (Since I have literlly seen thousands of them) and suspended,, Describes his status as he stood there.

I even recall a story told me by one of my troopers.. Driver ticked for Driving during suspended, Case ran through the lunch hour.. On the court house steps Trooper, Prosecutor, Defense Attorney and Judge. As the Defendant DRIVES PAST going to lunch. When court resumed he (Wisley) changed his plea to guilty.

But you have a chance to teach a lesson.. Sue the man for every penny he has or ever will have.. Please.. Do it. There is absolutly NO excuse for drunk driving.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbugsii View Post
We are still just amazed and shocked... of it all. A 4000 lb car did all this and moved and rocked a 45000 lb coach... just mind boggling...
If you do the math you'll see that a 4,000 lb. car has a lot of energy... when moving at 70+ mph...

Glad no one was hurt!
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Soooo sorry to see this happen to you guys especially full timers ....well as long as u and the family r ok I guess this could have been much worse......Lazy days will fix u up just fine.....heck I know they could not sell me a coach but I hear their work is great repair wise!!!.....best of luck folks keep us posted!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
Zbugsii

IRV2 put your photos on facebook
zip0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip0 View Post
IRV2 put your photos on facebook
Make that "photo"

We would encourage folks to come here and read the rest of the story.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #54
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Are we allowed to visit "Susie" in the hospital or is it a "Direct Family Members Only" thing? LOL

All kidding aside, glad to hear she is on the mend.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #55

I would be nervous about hidden damage that might show up sometime down the road. Driving along maybe 6 months later and wondering why all of a sudden the whatever decides to go haywire. What do you do? I had similar issues with an auto and it turned out to be a learning process. All the appliances and systems took a shock and you will never know. His insurance or yours doesnt matter ; down the road is what matters. In my humble opinion you need a lawyer and another motorhome. Try selling your motorhome to someone else in good conscience and telling them about the minor accident ; carfax might show it. Sorry about the ugly thoughts but reality can be brutal. Would you buy this motorhome if you were looking. Good luck and get a lawyer.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #56

The kinetic energy equation is:
Kinetic energy = (½) M V²
in which M = mass
V = velocity

A 4000 lb car traveling at 65 mph =566,000 foot pound of energy.
Take that divided by approx 18sq ft of surface area of the front of his car = 31,400 lbs which explains why he would easily rock your RV 4 ft.