Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2015, 09:05 AM   #1

Can't find light switch to out side lights

I have a fleet wood expedition 2011. 38 b I can't find the out side light switch the orange lens lights there's 2 of them the one on top of the door and the one in the middle of my slide I turn on my porch lights the only thing that turns on is the handle of the door and the bottom of the stairs
Ramiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

The light above the door , may have a bad bulb or ground/power wire issue, it should be on with the porch light switch.
The light on the slide , may be controlled by a switch labeled ; security or scare; that switch should also be in the area of the entry door.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #3

Should be same switch mine is check bulbs.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
My outside light also has a switch at the lens. Perhaps they are turned off there?
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #5
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Like others have said, the porch light should come on with the step and handle light. Check the bulb and power at the light fixture.

I had an issue with the bulb/connection on my last coach. I was always pulling the lense and giving a slight twist of the bulb. Sometimes just touching the bulb would turn it on.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
Like others have said, the porch light should come on with the step and handle light. Check the bulb and power at the light fixture.

I had an issue with the bulb/connection on my last coach. I was always pulling the lense and giving a slight twist of the bulb. Sometimes just touching the bulb would turn it on.
These pesky bulbs can be a pain. Not always the bulb though. Pull the bulb out of the socket with the lamp off and push on the little fiber disk holding the bulb contacts. Does it move freely and spring back so you know it is pushing tightly against the bulb contacts? Is the inside brass where the bulb slides in clean and corrosion free? On occasion these sockets need a little brushing to keep them clean and shiny. Are the contacts (contact) on the bottom of the bulb clean? A touch up with some fine sandpaper or Scotch Brite can clean the contact (s). I have had to resort to gently squeezing the socket slightly to hold the bulb more securely.
If you find the cause correct it and dab a little Di-Electric Silicone gel on the socket and contact (s). This will greatly extend the repair life.
Lynn
Old 11-09-2015, 12:53 AM   #7

Thank u guys for your help I'm gonna check out the bulbs today and spend some time trying to figure it out I'll let u guys know what's the verdict
Ramiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights