Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #1

Can't find slide out switch on HR Vacationer

I am totally confused. I just bought a HR vacationer 2004 and there seems to be no switch for the bedroom slide out. It is not on the main panel where the switch for the front slide out is. The handbook says it should be on the main panel or in the bedroom.

It is not in either of these places. I called HR and they said the previous owner may have had a problem with it and replaced the whole control panel with one with just a single switch for the front slide out. I thought this sounded like a lot of trouble to go to, just to disguise that the rear slide out didn't work, which surely would be discovered anyway. Personally is just think the HR guy didn't know and wanted me off the phone.

Does anyone know where the bedroom slide out is, or know if it is likely that the panel would be replaced, or know of a way that i can track the switch down from the mechanism?

Do RV users ever just use the slide outs manually all of the time? Or is this a lot of hassle? I haven't tried to put it out manually yet but will try next weekend. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
David
DavidQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2016, 08:53 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
With our rig you don't EVER want to do them manually! The bedroom slides take a strap winch and the two fronts take a threaded rod and LOTS of wrench turning but at least it's all inside!. These are HWH hydraulic ones BTW.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:20 PM   #3

Thanks Mr D.
I don't mind doing it manually if i need to but would rather just press a button if i can. Im sure the switch is somewhere obvious but for the life of me i can't find it. I took the RV for a service today, to our local dealer and they did not know where the switch was either.

I just can't see someone changing the whole panel to one with a single switch for the front slide out because the back slide out does not work. Its a mystery for sure.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #4

Have you actually tried running slides out?

Some systems use one switch for all slides.....slides go out and come back in on staged sequence.......one goes out then when fully out , another activates and goes out then another etc. until all are extended. Then when retracting sequence is reversed.

Don't know IF that is how your slides are set up........but if NO switch for rear slide then they could be sequenced.

A switch should be easy to locate if it existed or at least evidence of one if removed.

So give it a try......
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:43 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Have you actually tried running slides out?

Some systems use one switch for all slides.....slides go out and come back in on staged sequence.......one goes out then when fully out , another activates and goes out then another etc. until all are extended. Then when retracting sequence is reversed.

Don't know IF that is how your slides are set up........but if NO switch for rear slide then they could be sequenced.

A switch should be easy to locate if it existed or at least evidence of one if removed.

So give it a try......
Haven't seen that in a rig but then I haven't seen all of them out there! DW made me quit looking when we got the '02 DSDP that we had for 13 years and should have kept!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:48 PM   #6

I haven't tried that but I will for sure and see what happens. Thanks Old Biscuit. ��
Old 02-08-2016, 11:12 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a 2004 Monaco La Palma with a bath and a half which has an HR decal on the front above the windshield so I think it's basically the same RV.

I have two switches on the control panel for the slides. If your control panel is the same as mine you can remove the six screws holding it in and look behind it for wires that may have been attached.

As for one switch running both slides out...I've been in more than one RV park where that would have been a disaster.

I've never heard of one switch controlling two or more slides, however there are a lot of things I never heard of before.

Let us know what you find.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #8

Thanks Arch, it sounds like our rigs are very similar. I will take the panel off and have a look. I will let you know what I find. Many thanks. ��
Old 02-09-2016, 12:25 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
David...two years ago I had the passenger side inside rear dual blow out. It somehow got the cables that run to the back of that control panel and wrapped them around the axle.
All the wires were pulled off the rear of that control panel.

$12,000 later they were all back on. Insurance covered it.

So my advice is...if your tires are original 2004 tires, replace them.

Get good insurance. I have AAA and they took good care of me from towing the rig to having it repaired.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:31 AM   #10

On your main wall mounted control panel
Old 02-09-2016, 05:43 AM   #11

Did you buy from a private seller or a dealer? Was the bedroom slide out when you first looked at the MH, if not, why would you buy without doing a complete going over?

That said, any chance of tracking down previous owner? I did at one time have a travel trailer that had the slide out switch located in a cabinet.

Good luck
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:34 AM   #12
RMS

Bedroom slideout

Mine is a 2002 36wdd model Admiral, a step below the Vacationer.

In my unit, the bedroom slide switch is on the bottom of the medicine chest, next to the bathroom sink.

The living room slide switch is on the panel, in the hallway.

Hope this is the same as yours.
RMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS View Post
Mine is a 2002 36wdd model Admiral, a step below the Vacationer.

In my unit, the bedroom slide switch is on the bottom of the medicine chest, next to the bathroom sink.

The living room slide switch is on the panel, in the hallway.

Hope this is the same as yours.
I saw one in the bathroom on a Foretravel too. Totally unexpected location.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:48 PM   #14

On my previous Georgie Boy Cruisemaster single slideout, the switch was on a wall inside a cabinet next to the slideout. Check all your cabinets and maybe get lucky!

Tags
slide out, slide, cat