Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Just call around, to a local RV store if possible, and get a mobile RV mechanic to come out and get them in the up position. Don't lower them again. Have the RV repair guy come back out after your trip to fix correctly.

Also have him check over/service all the other systems at home rather than out on the road.

Fridge
Heater
Generator
Air conditioners
Converter
Inverter
Water systems

And the chassis components too, like:
brakes
engine oil
tranny
power steering
cooling system
air conditioner
charging system

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Happen to us on our 08 35J. The issue was a blown 5amp fuse located on the power harness going to the pump. Look for a in-line fuse holder going into the jack pump and check to see if the fuse is good.

Plus Fiona a minature Goldendoodle
Iangolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #31

You are going to die. I am going to start a new thread because something crazy just happened with the jacks. I will name it "Jacks took out my power"
Old 04-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrvlady
Hi,
We just purchased a 1997 pace arrow with power gear hydraulic jacks three weeks ago from an older couple.
We are new to this whole rv thing. We got all packed up tonight and the kids were all excited to go camping and we had put our jacks down earlier in the day so we could test the slide. When we put them down only the two front ones came down. the back ones would not. When we were all ready to go we tried to put the front ones up. No go. We spent hours trying everything we could read about. We can hear a clicking noise when we try to put them down. When we push retract all nothing happens, no noise. We have tried to spray silicone spray on the the jacks, replaced a spark plug, we were going the fill the hydraulic oil but realized that unless the jacks are up we can't really know how much to fill it.
Does anyone have a clue. I don't even know how to get it to a mechanic because we can't move it.
Thanks so much for any help.
Hopefully we can get it fixed and be on our way tomorrow.
I have had a problem of my jacks not going all the way up. To make them go all the way Up, I have my wife push the auto button and this will make the go up, I'm outside watching the jacks and As soon as they go up I yell to my wife to push the stop button. Works every time.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #33

Thanks everyone for all your help. The jacks finally went up. They actually also go down now also. I think we had a dead chassis battery. We jumped it with our friends automatic charger/jumper and they are working now. Go figure. Never knew it would be that simple. I thought we had a $1000 repair on our hands. We did not get to go camping but i learned alot and hopefully we will get to go next weekend.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #34
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update it can easily help someone else out in the future.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Glad you got it figured out. Hope next weekend is a great trip
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #36
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As I posted in your other thread, when putting the jacks down or the slides out, have the engine running so the alternator can assist with the voltage.

Check your battery. Pull it out, take it to an Auto Zone or other facility and have them check it. It may be time to spend a $100 or so, and replace it.

Happy trails.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
As I posted in your other thread, when putting the jacks down or the slides out, have the engine running so the alternator can assist with the voltage.

Check your battery. Pull it out, take it to an Auto Zone or other facility and have them check it. It may be time to spend a $100 or so, and replace it.

Happy trails.
I purchased a vm, funny thing is that if I would have looked in the storage compartments the seller left two, but the vm registered 12 v on the chassis battery. That was, however, after I jumped it with the auto charger/jumper. IT is dead again as I right so on monday i will use the vm again and go see what it sais. I will also check connections and fluid. Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #38

They will come up if you

get a 2x4 and wedge it under them and pry or push them up. They are only raised by springs. When you have time get them checked out, but for now you can use your RV.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #39

Gulf Streamers Club
After leaving the battery(ies) on charge overnight, It is best to unplug the charger and let the battery sit for a few hours before you will get an accurate reading.

Also, after charging, be sure you turn off the chassis and house battery disconnect switches to prevent the 'parasitic loads' like CO detector, radio (even when off) and other things like that. They can run a battery down unless it is always plugged in.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #40

Do think you will ever get to go????????
Old 05-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackman View Post
Do think you will ever get to go????????
We jumped the mh with a friends auto. jumper and the jacks did work. So yes we did get to go for a quick overnighter. It was great Now I just need to figure out how to keep that chassis battery charged. I have got lot's of good feedback so I will figure it out this week.

Tags
camping, jacks