Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #1

Canyon Star 3911 QUESTION

I getting ready to order a 3911 accessible coach. In my current coach, a 2000 Southwind, I had the steering effort reduced for better maneuverability in campgrounds, parking, when the steering is heavy like when moving slowly.

I'm not sure if I will need it on a new 3911 on the F53 chassis. Without being able to drive one before adding hand controls I don't know how assisted the power steering is. Has anyone done this modification to a 3911 or any other class A on the Ford F53 chassis? My mobility modifier says he doesn't know if it can be done without looking at the steering box. Any quad hand control drivers that don't have reduced effort steering have an opinion on the steering effort as compared to a minivan steering?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Handicap Forum may have a answer for you. This is the link to the Mobility Group.
A link for Newmar Owners.
All the links below in my signature will have answers for your new Newmar.
Congrats and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojaco View Post
I getting ready to order a 3911 accessible coach. In my current coach, a 2000 Southwind, I had the steering effort reduced for better maneuverability in campgrounds, parking, when the steering is heavy like when moving slowly.

I'm not sure if I will need it on a new 3911 on the F53 chassis. Without being able to drive one before adding hand controls I don't know how assisted the power steering is. Has anyone done this modification to a 3911 or any other class A on the Ford F53 chassis? My mobility modifier says he doesn't know if it can be done without looking at the steering box. Any quad hand control drivers that don't have reduced effort steering have an opinion on the steering effort as compared to a minivan steering?

We just bought a 1999 MA 3768 on an F53 and it steers like it is on a cloud. Not only that I was almost shocked at how tight the steering radius is .

Good luck and keep us in the loop.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojaco View Post

Can only say that friends of some cousins had a new Canyon Star equipped as such and they had no complaints. I believe they now have a buyer for it, after one more run to FL this spring.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:42 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. Any others like to chime in?

Tags
canyon star