Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #1

Captains seat heat/massage unit

We have an '05 Alpine and while the captain's chair is comfortable, I have lower back/sacroiliac issues. Has anyone found a decent heating pad with massage? I mainly need it on my butt/upper thigh area. Matters not if it is 12 volt or 120. Any advice or direction appreciated.
Thanks, Mike
Wrinklemeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I bought one at WalMart.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Since both of our cars have heated seats, I'm not ready to give them up in our truck. So DH found ours at Walmart for 20 bucks and gave it to me for Christmas. We are going to have to get a second one though since he uses "the gift" for himself.
weedpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too recommend the movable "pad" type, they wear out, Easily replaced. There are so many that it would be impossible for me to recommend one.. Just shop around.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I too, would like a massage cushion, for my butt & upper thighs. I always feel like the "Dead-End Kid", after a few hours of driving the MH. I have looked at Walmart, Target and other "box stores", but all I have found, were for the back, only.

Having said that, I searched online and found some, but they are usually around $200.00, more or less. Ouch! That makes my bottom hurt more!

I will be following this thread, for some hopeful information for what "Wrinklemeist" and I have been looking for.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the same problem due to GSW Viet Nam. After about an 3/4 hour I have to get out from under the wheel and move around, my left leg is absolulty killing me. As others have said the $20 vibrator/heating pad from Walmart helps a lot. With it I can go 1.5 to 2 hours under the wheel.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedpatch View Post
Since both of our cars have heated seats, I'm not ready to give them up in our truck. So DH found ours at Walmart for 20 bucks and gave it to me for Christmas. We are going to have to get a second one though since he uses "the gift" for himself.
That sounds like a dangerous thing for him to do. Have you broken his fingers yet? That's what my wife would do.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #8

Hi Gripper, I am to the point where I would consider a $200 unit like you said you found online. I haven't been able to find any. Could you point me in the right direction?
Thanks, Mike
Wrinklemeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
I Googled "seat massagers" and got www.amazon.com. They have bunches, from a few dollars, up to and over $200. You just have to search for the "bottom massagers", but there are some. I was just there, looking on that site.

I haven't bought one yet, but Probably will, soon. Good luck!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
That sounds like a dangerous thing for him to do. Have you broken his fingers yet? That's what my wife would do.
Naw, he's a pretty good guy and has to brave the cold to go to work while I wave from the window with my cup of coffee.
weedpatch is offline   Reply With Quote