Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
Whe

Cargo power lock trouble

The problem I’m having is that the power cargo locks will not unlock! 2004 monaco windsor. I’ve had that unit for 4 years and never used the power locks, But for some reason they have activated and I can’t get in with my key. Winter is here in Ohio and time to winterize. Not sure where to start. The lock brand is Trimark( which is common) Also, I’ve never used the security system but tried to reset the passcode , the exterior keypad lights up but does not function. The number keys are very firm. Thought maybe I could “ brake in” the cargo area without causing any damage but that hasn’t been fruitful. Anyone else have this experience? Thoughts or ideas to get system to unlock?
Whe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2018, 08:33 PM   #2

I had a compartment that could not open with the latch, was able to remove items in the next bay and crawl in and use a screwdriver to push in the latches that hold the door closed and get bay open then found one of the latches had broken and even when handle was pulled the actual latch did not withdraw to release door .
Hope this makes since , look at a working door latch and imagine it physically sheared in the middle. Good Luck
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:16 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
I have a switch next to the bed to unlock the basement doors.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whe View Post
The problem I’m having is that the power cargo locks will not unlock! 2004 monaco windsor. I’ve had that unit for 4 years and never used the power locks, But for some reason they have activated and I can’t get in with my key. Winter is here in Ohio and time to winterize. Not sure where to start. The lock brand is Trimark( which is common) Also, I’ve never used the security system but tried to reset the passcode , the exterior keypad lights up but does not function. The number keys are very firm. Thought maybe I could “ brake in” the cargo area without causing any damage but that hasn’t been fruitful. Anyone else have this experience? Thoughts or ideas to get system to unlock?
Hi Whe -

The keypad buttons don't push in, it is like a microwave touch in that you simply push a little bit. At least on my 04 Windsor.

When you say you reset it, you pushed the button under the dash?

On the cargo bay doors - I had the same issue. My door had slid a little aft and therefore got jammed. Try to see if you can press on the door inwards and then slide it a little one way or another. Then push your remote (either the 1 button or the two, I don't remember).
Paul L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:11 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I own a 2002 Wiindsor with the keyless system. To reset you have to find the button normally hidden under the dash somewhere (if you can find it). When I bought my rig I could not find the button so installed my own, wiring a momentary switch in line to the push button panel which I gained access to via the small console. I eventually did find the button when I was replacing the radio, found it tucked up under other wires, it was covered by the black plastic tubing but the red button was sticking out the end.

Once you reset the code you can open the bay doors by hitting the #7 after the front door unlock.

I had one door that was causing me problems, it sometimes wouldn't open up with the keyless entry and then got hard with key, I actually broke a key off in it but got it out. I ultimately drilled a hole up from below directly under the latch and then used a screw driver to push up the latch.

I then took the latch completely out and cleaned and lubricated. It now opens up with a key.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #6

On my 04 Dynasty the reset button is under the cup holder of passenger chair, once new code is activated, type the code then the last number on the right which is zero on mine, after code.
I found the process on the internet and YouTube.

Tags
power