Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
OK Thanks. I ll give it a try.
I tried spraying Resolve on it and using a brush and
most ot the stain is gone but there is some still remaining.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #30

Cool Steam Cleaning

My business steam cleans RV's all the time, The results would amaze you. Call a company like Stanley Steemer or if your in the Chicago land area feel free to check out my website.

Carpet Cleaning in Hinsdale, IL

Old 07-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #31

windycity
I agree, have it professionally cleaned. The home-use units introduce way too much water into the carpeting and lacks adequate suction to remove the water it injects.
I think the last time we had our carpet cleaned (entire 30' 5er minus kitchen area and bathroom) it cost $60.It was dried and ready to walk on in 4 hours, exactly like the man said.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it.
We ve talked about having our s&b carpet cleaned and Ill ask them if they would do the MH as wel.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
windycity
I agree, have it professionally cleaned. The home-use units introduce way too much water into the carpeting and lacks adequate suction to remove the water it injects.
I think the last time we had our carpet cleaned (entire 30' 5er minus kitchen area and bathroom) it cost $60.It was dried and ready to walk on in 4 hours, exactly like the man said.
I never considered professional cleaning before (recently cleaned them using a home rug cleaner and it seemed to work very well). Based on your comment next time we'll try Stanley Steamer to see if it makes any difference.

BTW, everyone, is it very expensive to rip out the carpeting and replace with some sort of wood laminate flooring? Would SO prefer that to carpeting with two dogs as part of our RV full-time life!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #34

We tried Stanley Steamer once . . . 35 years ago to clean a predominantly white chesterfield. They said they couldn't use their extraction unit, because the color might run. So they ran a damp soapy sponge over it, leaving it worse than before they "cleaned" it. The only options were to throw the chesterfield in the trash, or with nothing to lose, take a chance on one of those new fangled Bissell "steam" cleaners. The Bissell unit brought the chesterfield up like new, and I have been using them ever since.

These cheepie water extraction units run around $200, and do an excellent job. The only drawback it that they are made of cheap brittle plastic along with other cheep parts, that limit their life to about four years.

Bissell has just brought out their new BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine, a heavy duty commercial quality machine to compete with Rug Doctor, and by all accounts, it is even better than Rug Doctor machines by a significant margin. And if I recall correctly, Lowes has started using the Big Green Bisssell machine instead of Rug Doctor for their rental units. At only 2X the price of one of the cheepie units, and a 5 year warranty! this machine represents the best value in "steam" cleaning units; and the only cleaner to earn a continuous 5 star rating on Amazon:

Amazon.com: BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner, 86T3: Vacuums & Floor Care

We do a complete "steam" clean job on the rugs and upholstery in our entire rig at least once annually, and often re-do the carpet after weekends with the grandkids etal, especially muddy wet camping weekends.

While the outside of our rig is starting to look like a typical piece of delaminated Winnebago crap, the interior still looks and smells pretty close to the way it was when the rig was new.

Someone mentioned that water extraction units leave the carpet wet for a long time. All units are not created equal. Rug Doctor seems to have acquired a reputation for leaving carpets wet for a loooong time, whereas the Bissell is so good at sucking up the moisture (and dirt implied) that the carpet is pretty much good to go after a couple hours.

We have a Bissell Big Green Clean Machine Carpet Cleaner 86T3, and couldn't be more pleased with it's performance.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #35

I had our carpet and upholstery cleaned by our local carpet cleaners and was very pleased with the results. Looked like new when done and cost was reasonable. No problem with excess moisture in carpet as well.