Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #1

Carrying Capacity of Challenger 37GT

I would like to know the OCCC of the Thor Challenger 37GT. I am unable to find that information on the manufacturer's website. If someone could provide that information - or point me in the direction where I can find it - I would sure be grateful!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #2

There should be a sticker inside cabinet door somewhere with specs.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SKPs View Post
I would like to know the OCCC of the Thor Challenger 37GT. I am unable to find that information on the manufacturer's website. If someone could provide that information - or point me in the direction where I can find it - I would sure be grateful!
That is one of my biggest beefs with the industry. To the best of my knowledge only Newmar provides a stock NCC (that is what they call if for MHs in my older brochure) that gives you an idea what it will weight and such without any mods.

HOWEVER...I am in Elkhart, IN today and tomorrow and if I can find one in town on a lot and can get inside of it, I should be able to get something for you to work with. No promises but I will see what I can do. At least, I think this is where those are built since I see the big ole Thor plant and gassers parked across the street.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thor places a yellow sticker on the inside of the screen door showing the OCCC. It is different for every coach depending on the factory installed options. My 2013 37GT has an OCCC of 2795 pounds. I have seen another same year same model with 3050 pounds.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:15 PM   #5

The weight placard for my 37DT is on the wall near driver seat, elbow height if you are in the seat. It took me two weeks to find it!
jcullipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #6

Thanks to all for the replies! Unfortunately we can't seem to find a 37GT in our market area to go look at, so we can't go check out the yellow sticker.

Bruce, your information was exactly what we were looking for. We really like the 37GT floor plan, but are concerned about our ability to cut back on "stuff" enough for it to work for us. We have been full-timing in a fifth wheel with a much higher carrying capacity and have been thinking about switching to a motorhome. Like many who have made the change before us, we find we are comparing apples and oranges . . . and that the process is pretty confusing!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:29 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm sorry but I wasn't able to find that model in a location I could access. Best of luck.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:28 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

The OCCC is very nearly the same as the old NCC, and that is basically the difference between the coach dry (unladen) weight and the GVWR. You can use that figure and be within about 100 lbs. The main difference between OCCC and NCC is the weight of a full tank of propane, which is typically 70-120 lbs.

The other OCCC requirement is that it reflect the individual coach, with any options in place, so it is impossible to put an actual OCCC in a brochure or web site. That's why you now see only dry or unladen weights and GVWRs.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote