Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #1

CAT C-7 check/stop engine light 102-7 code

05 Fleetwood CAT C-7 40k miles. I had this symptom last fall and the shop I use replaced the turbo boost sensor. Took a few 3 hour trips, a few two hour trips and a few 30 mile trips. No more codes.

Last Friday, started her up to go and got lights within a few minutes at idle in drive way. I have Silverleaf on a laptop but it wasn't connected.

I hooked it up and of course; no codes, no lights. Let it idle 20 minutes; no lights.

Decided to go. About an hour into our trip, I got lights with the 102-7 code which is "Mode Not responding". But watching the screen what is happening is that turbo boost is steady at about 12 PSI at 60 MPH with the cruise on and with no hill, no accelerator movement turbo boost PSI will spike to 30-35 PSI for a few to 30 seconds then drop back to normal. Does it every 10-20 minutes.

And its worse on bumpy roads. It happens more often the higher the boost is like going over over passes or accelerating but not everytime.

It stays on almost constantly on rough road like where they are repaving I-95.

I hate to throw another $200 sensor at it. It almost seems like wiring/bad connection.

I would think the waste gate would be coming into play on flat ground at 55 with the cruise on.

I see others have had this code and replaced their turbo but their symptoms were different than mine. Only got codes at WOT.

All advice is appreciated.
big katuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2015, 05:25 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Sounds like a bad connection either at the boost sensor or at the ECM.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I had a turbo diesel, not a Cat but a GM product, that had a module that controlled the waste gate. Boost would jump up, down, up, down, etc as the waste gate would open and close continuously. Don't know if it applies to the Cat but that's my experience
Old 05-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #4

Coming out of storage , there is always a possibility of rodent damage to wiring, so I'd say you need to check the harness very carefully .
If your still having problems , contact the shop that installed the sensor, the part may have warranty, most times a year.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:02 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
12 psi of boost at 60 mph on level ground is about right.
The wastegate is closed at this point and will not start to open
until your boost gets to 25 to 28 psi normally.
The 32 to 35 psi boost readings are faults reports caused by either
a bad boost sensor or one or more bad connections on that circuit.
The first connection I would look at is the connection to the boost sensor.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, engine, light