Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
From now on, I will monitor 13 just for a chance to say "Howdy" or chat with other RV'ers for a minute to see where they have been or where they are going or whatever. I always try to wave as I pass other RV'ers. The chance to chat for a minute on the road is a bonus as far as I am concerned. The same is true at rest stops or campgrounds. I try to wave or greet fellow campers as they come and go. Wish more would do the same. It don't cost a "dawgone thang" to be respectful and nice and road is much more pleasant and enjoyable when others do the same. I'll be on 13 from now on.

Phil and Katie
2000 Prevost Marathon
2014 Honda CRV
Parkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
Well apparently most people like the idea but for those of you that don't.....thats ok, we don't want to talk to you either!! Move along!
I like meeting and chance encounters with people that love doing what we do...RV'ing! I have met some really great people on the road, this site, rest areas, etc. I still like the idea of saying hi on the road, I think it keeps us alert and breaks up the long travels while DW sleeps on the coach or plays on the internet!
Channel 13 is what my radio will be tuned to.....say Hi when we share the pavement!
Safe Travels

2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X "Hognest"
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Limited
2004 American Ironhorse Texas Choppe
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #17
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Again, Why? If I don't know you I sure don't want to touch you. It would interfere with my audio books that keep me alert and attentive rolling down the road.

My CB is seldom on, but when it is it's to find out why all the brake lights ahead. Once a trucker motioned me to get on the CB and he told me my kayak had been blown almost sideways by high winds. I couldn't see it on the monitor because of deep shadows. That's what I use it for, not listening to cursing or flirting truck drivers or gossiping with others that travel in RVs.
So don't.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm in, 13 it is as soon as I can make it make any noise at all!!

2004 Monaco Monarch
Blueox, SMI, 1990 Wrangler YJ
mfire1339 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
My Midland CB will monitor two different channels at once. I will put one of the channels on 13 for the trip home tomorrow. Been out for a little over a week and the final 200 miles home is tomorrow.

1993 Gulfstream Sun Voyager DP 30'
200 HP Cummins B5.9, 4sp Allison AT542
Toad 1998 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda CRV
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #20
Ford Super Duty Owner

Using channel 13 for RV'ers could be a real help to us. there's so much foul talk on 19. If someone hears of a problem ahead they could put it on 13 to help us all out. I found two used CB at yard sales and my MH already had an antenna so I can start using it and 13.
redtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #21
We leave soon for AZ, will put CB on 13.
06 TS-42-DS04
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #22

Gulf Streamers Club
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
Well apparently most people like the idea but for those of you that don't.....thats ok, we don't want to talk to you either!! Move along!
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
So don't.
Gee, I guess my use of the and wasn't obvious enough for some that I was kidding. Moderators, maybe we need a specific emoticon to signify "HUMOR, JUST KIDDING" If those of you wish to talk to me on Ch 13 I'll be on I-70 between Denver and Cincinnati for the next couple of days.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #23
I'm another that will be on 13 .... I have a spare radio I've been wanting to get installed in the rv... That's a good reason... And yes I'm a trucker, but you won't hear any foul words from me on the radio... (what I say to myself is between me and me,,, or dw if she is there...) Too old to play games... Would Love to talk to other rv'rs , always will in the campgrounds or stops. Have a great day !!! Monkey
Monkey, pilot of a Great Dane hauler,
2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax/Alison 4x4 CrewCab 2016 Cougar 28SGS
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #24
Wasn't this tried a few years or more back?
If I have the CB on, it is on 19, primarily for traffic conditions.
R & E
No RV at the moment
OSP1268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
Cool idea, but who really uses CBs anymore?
10-4 Rubber Duck
We have a CB in the Jeep. Most off-roading groups mandate a CB for on the trail communications. Used to provide guidance and advice to one another, and if one gets separated from the group to help get back on track.
Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #26
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't have a CB and don't plan to install one but we do use handheld radios to communicate when traveling in a group. Are the handheld radio channels the same as those on a CB? I've heard a lot of foul mouthed talk on channel 19 and assumed it was trucks. We don't want our kids listening to that so we choose another channel now.
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G / 2012 GMC Acadia
Craigls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #27
Texas Boomers Club
Hope this catches on. It is no problem to have CB on 13. I have seen several RVs on the road with Antenna up or something loose and it would be nice to let them know.
CPCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #28

I've been on 13 for years. Not much chatter on it but I will certainly welcome chats with other RVers. It helps to break up monotony.

Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, radio