Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2015, 10:55 AM   #1

CC Inspire steers badly

Very poor steering,must constantly correct for wander, wearing outer rib on rt. ft. tire prematurely. Goodyear G670's. Had laser alignment at Country coach about 15,000 miles ago.A little better since but still not good. any sugestions?

Wayne
cadiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Goodyear G670's are known to wear on the outside rib.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #3

I had a CC Inspire and I fought the wandering for a few days after I got it. Then I went to a CAT scale and weighed it. I found a) that I was heavy on the back b) that the tires needed more than the 90 psi that it was set at. After bringing the rear pressures to 105 (sidewall cold max inflation) that most of the wandering disappeared. It was much more comfortable to drive afterwards. YMMV

2007 Monaco Executive 45' 525 ISX
Old 08-16-2015, 06:29 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Goodyear G670's are known to wear on the outside rib.
Yup. I had the G670's on my Intrigue and the right front had extreme wear. Cured it by installing a different brand of tire on the front
Old 08-16-2015, 07:21 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"cadiwa"....I also went through two sets of Goodyears on the front of my coach before I got fed up wit the rivering. I replaced them with Hankok AH12's which rode softer, steered better and looked like new when I sold the coach (20K on the tires).

With al that said, take a good look at the wear. Often it causes or is caused by a thread separation. More than likely you'll find that they're cupped under closer examination. Looking at them on the coach shows wear, but you would be surprised at how bad they look when you remove them and roll them around. these tires can cause your excess wandering. Once they start wearing, there is no repair. When tires wear on a edge, they start scuffing, instead of riding on the road surface. Scuffing wears out a tire faster than road contact.

Here is my left front:

Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
My right front looked like DSD's tire. I inquired about shifting the fronts to the rear and bring a couple of rears up front but I was informed that the wear pattern would continue so I changed them out.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
My right front looked like DSD's tire. I inquired about shifting the fronts to the rear and bring a couple of rears up front but I was informed that the wear pattern would continue so I changed them out.
Had the same issue on our Essex, front end guy (very RV literate) suggested swapping the steer tires as my alignment was fine. Did wonders for the handling and only cost 100 dollars
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote