Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2007, 03:55 PM   #1

Here it is December in a couple of days. Checked with all the Ford agencies again and no one has the fusible link to fix the CC re-call problem. What a way to run a business.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2007, 03:55 PM   #2

Here it is December in a couple of days. Checked with all the Ford agencies again and no one has the fusible link to fix the CC re-call problem. What a way to run a business.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:53 AM   #3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Homer:
Here it is December in a couple of days. Checked with all the Ford agencies again and no one has the fusible link to fix the CC re-call problem. What a way to run a business. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Homer,

They published that the parts would not be available until mid December.

When I had mine disabled both the Ford motorhome help line rep and the service manager at the dealership openly disclosed this.

You call in late November which is well before the availability date and as they disclosed the parts are not available yet.

What a way to run a business, disclose that there is a problem getting the parts to the dealerships, service the vehicles at the drop of a hat so that they will not be involved in a fire, reveal the earliest date for when the parts may be available and not have the parts available half a month or so before that date.

Ford is no gem but they are being pretty much up front as to the parts availability.

We are all aware, as is Ford, that only a certain percentage of vehicles involved in a recall are actually brought in for the service. Compound this by the scope of the recall and it is easy to see how they could have run short on the fuse kits. They expanded the model years omvolved in the recall and many more people then usual are bringing their vehicles in. You don't get hundreds of thousands or millions of specialty connectors manufactured, then custom assembled into fuse kits and then distributed to all the dealerships overnight.

If you have not had your cruise control disconected yet have it done. Get on the waiting list for the service. Wait until after mid December and then call back and check availability.

After all it is only cruise control a feature that can be considered a safety hazard in itself and some/many feel should not be allowed on motor vehicles anyway. It is not a show stopper such as disabling the brakes or steering would be.

Myself I rarely if ever us it and when I do my wife will usually tell me that if you are that tired that you need cruise control then it is probably time to stop driving.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:47 AM   #4

NEIL V. I have talked to Ford customer service on two occasions since the recall notice. First they assured me dealers would have them Nov 1st. Then again Mid November. Now we approach December and dealer has no idea when they will receive them. I am on the list of two different dealers. I use my cc all the time, as I live in the great flatlands of Mid America. I do know when not to use it. It does save fuel too.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:14 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Homer:
NEIL V. I have talked to Ford customer service on two occasions since the recall notice. First they assured me dealers would have them Nov 1st. Then again Mid November. Now we approach December and dealer has no idea when they will receive them. I am on the list of two different dealers. I use my cc all the time, as I live in the great flatlands of Mid America. I do know when not to use it. It does save fuel too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Homer,

The rep at Fords Motor Home Service Line when I called in October told me to have the cc disabled imediately and suggested the dealer to get the work done at. They also told me to get on the waiting list at that dealer as the parts would be given out on a first come first served basis unless you were on the list. They also told me not to expect the parts until mid December to early January and never made any mention of November.

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time of it. You may be part of the problem being on the waiting list reserving parts and tieing up inventory at two separate dealerships.

If Ford is aware of many people doing this they may only order half the parts they have requests for. Then the rest of us will have to wait even longer.

It is not a required part to make the vehicle roadworthy so in the big scheme of things not somthing to get that worked up about.

Forget about it until January and use the time to enjoy life. Don't keep watching this pot and let the stew suck all the happiness out of life. Before you know it the parts will be here and installed.

Kindest regards,
Old 12-02-2007, 03:16 AM   #6

Neil V Said:
"Forget about it until January and use the time to enjoy life. Don't keep watching this pot and let the stew suck all the happiness out of life. Before you know it the parts will be here and installed".

Neil, with out my CC on the trip to Florida in a few days I will have to stop in order to use the bathroom. Dealing with being on two Dealer list for fix. You know I really don't care about Ford getting stuck with an extra link.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:14 AM   #7

Neil, with out my CC on the trip to Florida in a few days I will have to stop in order to use the bathroom. Dealing with being on two Dealer list for fix. You know I really don't care about Ford getting stuck with an extra link. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Homer,

Lack of CC will make you have to stop to use the bathroom? Good one, at least you are keeping you sense of humor going.

Not caring is a problem that is making things worse for everyone. We have to be good stewards in all things or we make life tougher for everone around us. Sorry to hear you feel that way. Then we will all pay more and wait longer.