Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2016, 07:48 AM   #1

CCC thermostat

2007 newmar kountry star....the thermostat doesn't display zone 1....zone 2 (rear unit) works fine....when switch to zone 1...it comes on for a second then goes blank......comfort control center part no. 3109228.001.....do i need a new thermostat???....or something wrong with wires???
THANKS Bill
aamalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2016, 02:27 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You may want to check out this Troubleshooting pdf http://www.irv2.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=36
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:02 PM   #3

How do I remove the ccc thermostatic cover???? need Help!!!!
Old 03-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Try the reset procedure below.

Turn off the thermostat with the slide switch underneath

Press and hold the "Mode" and "Zone" buttons at the same time

Turn the power switch back on while still holding the buttons down

Wait about 5 seconds, then release the buttons.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:15 AM   #5

I did the reset procedure.....now zone 1 doesn't show up at all.....only zone 2....zone 2 . works good... still need some help....what now?
Old 04-01-2016, 01:30 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamalle View Post
I did the reset procedure.....now zone 1 doesn't show up at all.....only zone 2....zone 2 . works good... still need some help....what now?

The next step would be to check the communications cables from the thermostat to each A/C. This will be a telephone-type flat 4-conductor cable with modular plugs, just like your home telephone would have. The cable plugs into the back of the thermostat, runs to one of the A/C, then another cable will run between the two A/C's. There will probably be some couplers in the lines that join two cables together. These should be accessible from inside be opening the filter grill cover on the ceiling. If the thermostat is in the bedroom like mine, the cables will probably run from the thermostat to the bedroom A/C, then another cable between the two A/C's. The plug behind the thermostat is probably OK, since the Zone 2 unit is working fine.

These modular connectors can become corroded and cause problems like you are having. Just unplug and plug each connector in several times to clean the contacts. When you unplug each one, look at the contacts. They should be gold color and shiny. If you find one that is badly corroded, you will probably need to get someone who has a special crimping tool that can replace the modular plug. If so, the modular jack that it is plugged into may also have to be replaced.

Try the connections visible from inside first. If that doesn't work you will need to get on the roof and remove the shrouds from the A/C's, remove the metal cover over the control boards, and check the contacts there. Start with Zone 1, the front A/C that is not showing on the thermostat.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
The next step would be to check the communications cables from the thermostat to each A/C. This will be a telephone-type flat 4-conductor cable with modular plugs, just like your home telephone would have. The cable plugs into the back of the thermostat, runs to one of the A/C, then another cable will run between the two A/C's. There will probably be some couplers in the lines that join two cables together. These should be accessible from inside be opening the filter grill cover on the ceiling. If the thermostat is in the bedroom like mine, the cables will probably run from the thermostat to the bedroom A/C, then another cable between the two A/C's. The plug behind the thermostat is probably OK, since the Zone 2 unit is working fine.

These modular connectors can become corroded and cause problems like you are having. Just unplug and plug each connector in several times to clean the contacts. When you unplug each one, look at the contacts. They should be gold color and shiny. If you find one that is badly corroded, you will probably need to get someone who has a special crimping tool that can replace the modular plug. If so, the modular jack that it is plugged into may also have to be replaced.

Try the connections visible from inside first. If that doesn't work you will need to get on the roof and remove the shrouds from the A/C's, remove the metal cover over the control boards, and check the contacts there. Start with Zone 1, the front A/C that is not showing on the thermostat.

Thanks Joe.....Raining here in Maryland today....Will try this tomorrow.....Great information....Thanks a lot.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:02 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You're welcome! Hope that works for you!
Old 04-02-2016, 06:11 PM   #9

Bill, When you get the cover off of the front AC you will find a row of dip switches on the passenger side of the AC unit. It probably wouldn't hurt to move them up and down a couple of times in case of dirty contacts. Electric circuit cleaner is also useful.

Have a nice day - Darrel

PS I like your choice of RV
Old 04-03-2016, 06:51 AM   #10

Thanks.....will try this too....not a good day In Maryland...too windy and rain coming...Thanks again...
Old 04-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
Bill, When you get the cover off of the front AC you will find a row of dip switches on the passenger side of the AC unit. It probably wouldn't hurt to move them up and down a couple of times in case of dirty contacts. Electric circuit cleaner is also useful.

Have a nice day - Darrel

PS I like your choice of RV

I think I would turn off all power to the A/C's (breakers & slide switch under the thermostat) before doing the dip switch thingy! JMHO!
Old 04-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
Bill ... here is a picture of what they look like.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DIP Settings AC 2 - John.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	123056  
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:36 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
Bill ... here is a picture of what they look like.

Steve

Steve, the picture you have posted is your Zone 2 Air Conditioner. Does your thermostat connect here and then loop to the Zone 1 unit or is it the other way? At any rate, check the connection between the two.

Here is the link to the manual http://www.dometic.com/QBankFiles3/E...nual_17586.pdf

And the correct reset procedureClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1459726602.580625.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	123058

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 04-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
shiggs68 ... you are correct, that was the back AC (zone 2). Guess you could tell that by the DIP settings with the 2 switch being "on". The thermostat wire first goes to the front AC (zone 1) and then leaves there and goes to the back AC.

I was just posting the picture so the OP could see what DIP switches looked like.

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat