Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Tiffin Owners Club

Purchased an 07 Allegro Bus 3 weeks ago. Prior owners walked away with the cd/dvd/radio. The Mountain Aire I traded had a very good Panasonic system, and being honest, I left it in the coach. Suggestions would be appreciated for what I should buy. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Pat, sister, and many dogs
07 Allegro Bus 42'
PatMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
When we first bought our coach in 05, I added a Pioneer unit. They are AM/FM/XM/DVD/CD and GPS. It had a very good GPS system with a large screen. What's really nice, is that the GPS directions play through the stereo speakers (for us deaf guys). Mine also has a small wireless remote that attaches to the steering wheel. I can control many functions from the steeing wheel. The two most important are volume and repeat on map directions. It's been a great unit. They sell several versions of it now.

GPS Navigation | Pioneer Electronics USA

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
I'll second the Pioneer system and it has a killer surround system for everything.
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

He may have done you a favor. The original Magnadyne radio was no work of art. I replaced mine with a Visteon CD-6 along time ago. Now I would look at the Pioneer. However, Kenwood and Alpine seem to have better ratings by many. The Alpine INA-W910 would be the one I would probably go for.
Mark & Leann Quasius
2016 Cornerstone 45A
2007 Allegro Bus 42QRP (Sold)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
I recently put in a Kenwood DDX418 which has now been superseded by the DDX419. It has AM/FM/CD/DVD/NAV as well as bluetooth capability for use with a smartphone or tablet computer. It also has the ability to control an iPhone, iPad or iPod through the unit itself. You can also get a wireless or wired remote for it as well. It has been a great unit and it was very affordable.
Winnebeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
I installed a Sony in do all syatem not too long ago and it's really nice. See this thread.

Up Town Radio Install in a 99 Tradewinds

1999 Tradewinds 7372 Cat 3126
Albuquerque, NM
Theberrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
Good to hear the Pioneer Radio reports. I will going in Wednesday to have the %^&*(*& Delco radio taken out and replaced with a Pioneer FH-P8000BT plus a companion Pioneer Sirius Satellite radio (SIR-PRN2). With the old setup, the Delco was in the lower right hand corner of the dash and the Radio Shack Sat Radio tuner in the upper left corner. The problem was my better half wanting the radio station (Sat) changed all the while I was driving down the superslab at 65mph. Plus the Sat radio antenna (puck) sitting next to the windshield only picked up a good signal when going in certain directions, again "Tuning Requests" from the "Navigator." She now will have her OWN REMOTE to TUNE IT HERSELF while I attend to driving.
1997 Safari Serengeti M-4040
& 2007 Ford Sports Trac
& 2004 Ford Exploder TOAD's
JohnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #8
Not sure of budget range? But the Arcam Solo series gets positive reviews. Higher up the food chain, still in a all-in-one unit, the Meridian G95 is very nice. But these also require speakers that can reveal the detail of these units.

Best of luck,
Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am going to make a suggestion based on the original post....

You said "The Mountain Aire I traded had a very good Panasonic system"

If you were happy with the Panasonic, (Epically if you were as happy with it as I have been with assorted Panasonic items I've had over the years) Why not go with what you knwo.. A Panasonic system.

I sometimes tell folks what I think about LG products,, The orignal VCR in this house was made by LG (LG now owns Zenith). Like all LG products I have ever owned it had issues.. I fixed them though.. I tossed it and put in a Panasonic, and later I replaced that withe a DVR (ReplayTV). I like Panasonic.

My Dash radio though is a Pioneer.

Things to look for.. AUX IN, ability to control external moduals like sat radio or cd changers, and less popular but still handy USB port (I-Pod connection) Some today even offer blue tooth interface to a cell phone.. But that's a bit too mcuh in my book.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote