Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommar View Post
Beautiful console! Could you add drawings/plans for this? I'm not much of a wood worker... guarantee you that you could sell this item and I'd buy one!

Believe it or not I sketched this up on grid paper myself to fit the space I can give you the dimensions but I adjusted some on the fly. Ill post when I get back to my coach next week.
Txag82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2017, 07:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txag82 View Post
Believe it or not I sketched this up on grid paper myself to fit the space I can give you the dimensions but I adjusted some on the fly. Ill post when I get back to my coach next week.

I will say the cup holders were ordered off Amazon and require. 3 and 5/8" hole saw. The wood is a nice 1/2" ply veneer which was about $35 a sheet at Menards. You can actually make 2 out of one sheet. One wooden know, 1 piano hinge and a short piece of chain for the lid. I will measure next week.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
This may give you some ideas.
Teak Accessories – Goodale Marine Teak
Thanks. Will check it out.
ualdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsses View Post
use a base plate from a marine shop and a chrome pedestal and top with your choice of wood table top with cup holders trays slots what every you want
i used a night stand has a drawer and i add cup holder
TUCK55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:11 AM   #19

I used a night stand has a drawer and add CUP holders.
TUCK55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #20

Ok here are the dimensions on the console I posted. Its mad we of good quality 1/2" plywood with a veneer on it. Very little sanding required. It 24 " long x 12" wide and 16" tall with a 4" step down (6" front to back) for the drink holders at front. Lid is 12" x18" cut at 6" mark for securing at the back. I installed piano type hinge and knob for access to storage space inside. You could add dividers inside for maps etc, but I have not to this point. Lid rests on 1/2 "x 1/2" supports strips glued inside the box. I just finished with wipe on polyurethane by MinWax but you could stain to suit. I suggest cutting on tablesaw for best results and you will need a 3 5/8" ole saw ($18 plus arbor at most Lowes, Home Depot, etc.)
Old 07-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ualdriver View Post
With these marine base/table setups, particularly with the recessed opening in the floor, what keeps the post and the attached table from jumping out of the hole when you hit a bump?
The stand/pole that connects to the table fits TIGHTLY into the mount on the floor. This isn't something you take in one hand and easily pull it out.
The rough roads we drive over is nothing compared to the pounding a boat can take as it goes through rough water.

I agree the recessed mount is less of a trip hazard, just make darn sure of what your cutting above/into before you make a 3" or 4" hole in the floor.
Personally I would just go with the surface mount one and try to mount it so that it's not directly in a place where you MUST walk. A couple of toe stubbings and you'll rememeber that it's there.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #22

Marine Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
The stand/pole that connects to the table fits TIGHTLY into the mount on the floor. This isn't something you take in one hand and easily pull it out.
The rough roads we drive over is nothing compared to the pounding a boat can take as it goes through rough water.

I agree the recessed mount is less of a trip hazard, just make darn sure of what your cutting above/into before you make a 3" or 4" hole in the floor.
Personally I would just go with the surface mount one and try to mount it so that it's not directly in a place where you MUST walk. A couple of toe stubbings and you'll rememeber that it's there.
Could you post a photo of your table and base?
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Google Focal Wood and look at the products that Carlyle Lehman makes. We have a table we put between the seats and it works great.
Switt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post

Cool thanks. I was definitely going to look before cutting : )

But now that you mention 3 to 4" hole (I thought it would be more shallow), I'm having second thoughts about that idea.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switt View Post
Google Focal Wood and look at the products that Carlyle Lehman makes. We have a table we put between the seats and it works great.
What do those tables run?
Old 07-19-2017, 07:52 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Got the table and topper about 2 years ago when we were in Nappannee not sure but think it was about $300 but you can call Carlyle and find out.
888-564-1662 or 574-773-4268
Switt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:08 AM   #27

The marine table holder does "recess" into the floor so there isn't any tripping hazard. The pole that goes into that hole and the bottom of the table have two black "button" heavy spring protrusions on the top and bottom of the pole to keep it from coming out. They work great in rough ocean water and will certainly handle any "road" bumps. Check out a marine supply store.

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:54 AM   #28

Grand Design Owners Club
Here is what I did and my source -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2230.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	275397   Click image for larger version