Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2016, 11:26 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Centramatic or Dynabeads?

New MH owner considering a balancing solution. Lots of favorable comments for either one across many different threads.

Three quick questions:
Which do you use?
Why?
Have you used both?

Thanks in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #2

My only comment is that with Centramwtics, you don't have to remove the tires from the rims to remove the device and they can be switched to a different rig or sold if you don't like them.....

Old 01-18-2016, 02:54 PM   #3

I prefer spin balancing.

I had a tire start to go bad. It would shake a bit and the balance out with the beads. Thought it was just a cold tire.

A week later, it was rolling like a football as I creeped to the tire guy.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I prefer spin balancing.

I had a tire start to go bad. It would shake a bit and the balance out with the beads. Thought it was just a cold tire.

I had the same thing with early ply separation. Spin balance for me

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #5
srh

Monaco Owners Club
I am using Dyna Beads on all of my 8 tires - cost:$230!
A more affordable alternative, as some one suggested on this forum, would be to use BB gun pellets at a fraction of cost from Walmart. The beads work real well for me!
Old 01-18-2016, 04:17 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No form of balance will erase a bad tire or ply separation or lumps or any other tire problem including out of round. The Dynabeads balance the entire wheel assembly just as the Centramatics do. Do not use metal bbs as they will rust. Got my Dynabeads off e-bay considerably less than $100.00. (6 tires) Very happy with them.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I prefer spin balancing.

X 2, Can't beat old school technology...
Old 01-18-2016, 04:53 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD11 View Post

New MH owner considering a balancing solution. Lots of favorable comments for either one across many different threads.

Three quick questions:

Which do you use?
Why?
Have you used both?

Thanks in advance.
I will only use the authentic Ceramic Dyna Beads sold by Innovative Balancing located in Rochester NY.

I have them in the 6 coach tires, 12 ounce RV-EZO121 bags. Plus I use them in my 4 trailer tires, 4 ounce EZO-4 bags.

The only time they have to be replaced is if you have a complete blowout or shredded tire and lose all of the beads. Otherwise they can be transferred from old tire to new tire. I carry an extra bag of each size just for an emergency situation.

I just did that recently when I put on four new trailer tires this past winter. You remove the old plastic bag that is still in the tire and suck the beads out that have settled in the bottom of the old tire. Then dump them into the bottom of the new tire before it gets mounted on the rim.

The reason I love using the Dyna Beads is that they will compensate for any tire balance differences each time when you start moving. The balance differences could come from mud on the tire until it gets worn or washed off, stones that get caught up between the treads until they get thrown out, normal changes in the tire from aging, etc.

I have never used Centramatics but I have heard positive remarks about their use.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 01-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost I View Post
No form of balance will erase a bad tire or ply separation or lumps or any other tire problem including out of round. The Dynabeads balance the entire wheel assembly just as the Centramatics do. Do not use metal bbs as they will rust. Got my Dynabeads off e-bay considerably less than $100.00. (6 tires) Very happy with them.
I agree that no form of balance will ease a bad tire. My point is that it will hide it.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:58 PM   #10

Took out the dynabeads spin balance put on centrimatics problem solved
Old 01-18-2016, 06:19 PM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
X2 on spin balance and centramatic's, if you get spin balance, don't go to TA, the price they quote is not the out the door price, go to Speedco. got my centramatics off Ebay. Rides like glass
Old 01-18-2016, 06:26 PM   #12

Not only would I spin balance them... I would add "road force" spin balance

I just talked to my tire guy today... Once the beast comes out of hibernation... I'll be adding 6 new XRV's (with an 80% discount thanks to the Michelin man)...

Thank you very much !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks all. Sounds like both can do the job, appreciate the perspectives on spin balancing as well.

We do our first big trip this spring - roughly 900 miles each way. Hoping that gives us a baseline to compare the rides before and after we pick a solution.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:13 PM   #14

Michelen has a comment on their website about some balancing beads or powder voiding the warranty.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote