Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2018, 05:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Are you reaching with your right arm on the wheel? May need to move closer or tilt the wheel. Moving your wallet is not far-fetched.

I get the same thing between shoulder blades - driving the motorcycle in the rain...

I try to keep my seat pretty close. When we first had this are uses it further back and my arms are stretched out but that was exhausting. So I moved my seat closer. I’ll try even closer. Thank you.
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2018, 05:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupdyke View Post
My running partner listened to my complaints and told me come look at what I had to do to the foretravel. He unbolted the driver seat put in 4 inches of block bolted to floor, bolted seat mount to block. Now the elect seat can go up higher and also a little forward. Moving seat every once in a while changes position and gets rid of strain. I have had cdl for 45 years and only use left hands fingers to keep light pressure on wheel and do not fight every little gust. I never get out of my lane and my right hand is just laying on the wheel but not holding tight. Like riding motorcycle if you hold on to tight you really cramp up quick.

I’ll pay closer attention when we start the journey. I try to move around a lot. Stretch my right hand out up and over my head. I could see the thought process in the chair height. I’m 6’-8” and most of my height is in my legs, so I can have pedal issues. Thank you.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:17 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtibb View Post
What helped me was sitting up straighter. If the seat was tilted back I would hunch my shoulders and with my right arm reached out slightly on the steering wheel, I would get a pain just above my right shoulder blade.

Sent from my SM-G965U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app

I have the seat more vertically and I sit that way typically in all our cars. When we first got this I would set further back and stretch out towards the wheel and that killed me. So I drive closer but I’m 6’-8” and my height is my legs. I do find that I often want the steering wheel to drop further, so maybe I just need to raise the seat even higher. I really appreciate everyone’s thoughts And good or bad it’s nice to know other people have this challenge also. Thank you
Old 07-03-2018, 05:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
I do quite a few 550 mile days running 63 mph. I have a sheepskin on the seat and can stretch my legs out straight every 20 minutes or so. I'll stop every three hours to stretch and take a brisk walk for 10 minutes or more. I also do body twisting while behind the wheel and will drink several 16 oz bottles of water during the day. As long as I take those breaks and exercise, I'm fine. Although after 4-5 days in a row, this 75 year old body it ready for something else.

We’re gonna push 2 days solid. I’ll be doing a good 650 a day at 65mph. More stops, stretching and walking around is in my future. I’ve told kids we may have to break it into three days. I always feel like part of the Adventure is the journey along the way. Thank you so much
Old 07-03-2018, 05:27 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentdavido View Post
Looking for suggestions for a remedy. When driving extended distances I get a tough knot in my right shoulder blade. And it takes a few days to get it worked out. I’m looking for solutions. What do you guys do? I have pretty good power in the chair, and it has good support. Obviously I tense up. Help
Some of the questions on the forum are difficult - But in this case not hard to solve at all......

Shorten the Driving Distance between getting out and talking a Walk. .......

Sort of like bangging your Head on the Wall and wondering why your Head hurts...

Edit - answered before I read your reply........pretty simple solution
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air