Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2016, 09:27 AM   #15

Triple E Owners Club
We have straps attached to the table, but we don't always use them. No issues so far when left unstrapped.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2016, 09:57 AM   #16
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by missykg View Post
Hi all!

What do you all do with your dining chairs while you're driving on the road? We've been laying them down on their side to prevent them from flopping around, but I fear long term that they're going to look like they've been flopped around anyway. They are beautiful cherry - I'd like to keep them that way! I was thinking we could wrap a bungee cord around them and secure it under the table - I don't know. Thought I'd seek some expert advice.

Thanks!

We don't have any trouble with them moving in the MH. When we pulled a 5er we had to cover them with towels and use long straps in a "figure 8" pattern across the table to hold them in place!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
We have been leaving ours loose at the table with no problems, except on time when an A$$ pulled out in front of us. I'm thinking about bungee cording them next time out.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
When we were using the "original" chairs - we pushed up 'em under the table and as close to the cabinet that the dining table surface protrudes from as practical. With the slides in - there really wasn't anywhere they could go.

We've since replaced the "original" chairs - I replaced mine with a wheeled office chair (I regularly spend 8 hours a day at the table working my day job and needed something a little better seat cushion and without a straight back. For reasons I'll never fathom - my wife loves how the chairs from a set a inexpensive stackable resin chairs that we picked up years ago feel. They're not the flimsy plastic type - but are instead made from some sort of harder resin. She brings a stack of two of 'em ... one that she uses at the dining table - and the other that get's set in the bedroom when we're not moving. We stack 'em and set 'em at the dining table when we're on the road.

We don't do anything to secure the chairs we're now using either. The wheeled office chair does move around a little - but with the slides closed, it can't move far.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:46 PM   #19

Thanks all! Leaving them alone isn't an option, as that's what we've done and they fall over, or fall back up against the wood trim of the window of the slide and they will leave marks and scuff the wood. Maybe the implication that we're terrible MH drivers is true, I can accept that.

Thank you for the ideas! I knew there would be some great answers here. Appreciate the help!