Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-31-2015, 05:36 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
I'm trying to figure out why you would want to do it. You will gain flat ground efficiency, maybe. You will take a hit on hill climbing because you will be downshifting sooner to make up for the wrong gearing for the engine torque curve. You will also dump a couple of thousand dollars. Why???
that would be incorrect/... did you watch the first video...

the reasons I did it was I was tired of screaming up the grades..
you can't lock it in to 4th so it goes right to third..

now I can hold it in 3rd, at 55 im doing 62 and at 60 im doing 68..

I now can lock it in 3rd and back off the throttle.....and still pass everyone


no motorhomes can do 82 up the grade but mine
__________________

__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2015, 05:41 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Shreveport LA
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
what I'm try'n to say is no one makes those wheels....different bolt pattern... in other words... the 22.5s on the 22 and 26k won't bolt on..
Hmmm, I have a 10 bolt wheel on it now.
Again, exploring some others have done it, not sure if it is a the same exact chassis. My chassis is the lighter chassis, I know that. The 2010 0r 2011 went up to the heavier chassis.
I will for sure make sure the bolt pattern is right before I jump off the cliff.

Thanks,

Milton
__________________

__________________
Steeler34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:48 PM   #17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler34 View Post
Hmmm, I have a 10 bolt wheel on it now.
Again, exploring some others have done it, not sure if it is a the same exact chassis. My chassis is the lighter chassis, I know that. The 2010 0r 2011 went up to the heavier chassis.
I will for sure make sure the bolt pattern is right before I jump off the cliff.

Thanks,

Milton
so far I think I'm the only one that did it without adpters....

the f53 is 10 on 225 bolt circle...I custom ordered a set hub centric....

also I had a set of aluminum 19.5's custom made for the same bolt pattern.... again... no one had the wheels aluminum 19.5 or 22.5
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:49 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
I did mine...where do you think you will get the wheels????

mines only a 26'r
Are you going to open up the wheel well diameter to match the new tire diameter?

They look small!
__________________
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:35 PM   #19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
Are you going to open up the wheel well diameter to match the new tire diameter?

They look small!
no... I think they are too big
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:40 PM   #20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Well why don't you just go ahead and tell him where you got yours?
you can't get them anywhere any more... I had a custom set made and they said they aren't doing anymore...so .... I have the only set.... I also had a set of 19.5's made.... no one has those either...'' pita is what it was..

the ford 22.5's are big 8 lug
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:42 PM   #21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler34 View Post
Hmmm, I have a 10 bolt wheel on it now.
Again, exploring some others have done it, not sure if it is a the same exact chassis. My chassis is the lighter chassis, I know that. The 2010 0r 2011 went up to the heavier chassis.
I will for sure make sure the bolt pattern is right before I jump off the cliff.

Thanks,

Milton
are you sure that they didn't just buy the 22.5s on the coach??
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:43 PM   #22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Well why don't you just go ahead and tell him where you got yours?
also I was hoping he found a new source...
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:57 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Easyrider's Avatar


 
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Baraboo, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,565
I'm surprised you didn't have to open the wheel wells up to make room for the bigger wheels and tires! Looks good though. I've wondered about putting 22.5s on our Sunrise but always thought I'd have to open the wells up to do that. You look like your really moving in the video!
__________________
Steve & Nancy
2005 Itasca Sunrise 33', W20 Chassis, Ultrapower, Henderson Trac Bar
2012 Chevy Captiva Sport AWD, ReadyBrute Elite Tow Bar, Blue Ox Base Plate, Protect-A-Tow
Easyrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:07 PM   #24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I'm surprised you didn't have to open the wheel wells up to make room for the bigger wheels and tires! Looks good though. I've wondered about putting 22.5s on our Sunrise but always thought I'd have to open the wells up to do that. You look like your really moving in the video!
in the one video...82 up the grade...


in the other.. 72 @ 2000 rpms...
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:31 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
aauummm's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Altoona, Iowa
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler34 View Post
I have a 2009 Allegro 35QBA. Don't need tires yet, but when I do, wondering thoughts and opinions on moving from the 19.5 steel wheels to the 22.5 aluminum.

Wheels can be had for 4-500 bucks and the jump in tire price looks to be a couple hundred a piece.
I know I will need to re-cal the Speedo, but that is OK.
Hear the ride is better and wear is longer.

Milton
I've pretty well decided that's what I'm going to do. I'll find a way somehow to get them, even if I have to go to adapters. I should have bought LVRVLVR's while he still had them for sale!

Mine is a 2011 F53 chassis with the optional 19.5" rims. The same year of chassis came standard with the 22.5" rims and with identical rear axle ratio and the same transmission as mine. So if Ford could put the 22.5" rims on the same chassis as mine, I know that I can if I can just find the source that will provide them.

This could be a place to start:

22.5 Dually Wheels - American Force Wheels Dually

I'm going to subscribe to this thread so if anyone finds a source, post it here, please!
__________________
2010 Itasca Sunova 33C, mucho mods
2011 Honda CRV, 2004 Rubicon (mucho mods)
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:32 PM   #26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
I've pretty well decided that's what I'm going to do. I'll find a way somehow to get them, even if I have to go to adapters. I should have bought LVRVLVR's while he still had them for sale!

Mine is a 2011 F53 chassis with the optional 19.5" rims. The same year of chassis came standard with the 22.5" rims and with identical rear axle ratio and the same transmission as mine. So if Ford could put the 22.5" rims on the same chassis as mine, I know that I can if I can just find the source that will provide them.

This could be a place to start:

22.5 Dually Wheels - American Force Wheels Dually

I'm going to subscribe to this thread so if anyone finds a source, post it here, please!
American force said no more mo home wheels...

I still have the 19.5's im saving..

do you know what speed you go in 3rd at 4200 rpms?
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:44 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
aauummm's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Altoona, Iowa
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
American force said no more mo home wheels...

I still have the 19.5's im saving..

do you know what speed you go in 3rd at 4200 rpms?
I just got back yesterday from doing a bunch of hills in Arkansas, Missouri and southern Iowa. I only hit 4200 RPM's a couple of times. 3200 in 4th gear was enough to get me over the hills easily at around 57 mph.

The 4200 RPM's I hit were on cruise control set at 57 mph. When the speed dropped to about 52 mph it did jump to the 4200 RPM's and 3rd gear a couple of times. This was towing the CRV, loaded, however, I did have a stiff wind at my back. The ScanTool said 7 mpg for the whole trip down and back.

I wonder if we got a group buy together if American Force would reconsider doing the MH conversion wheels?
__________________
2010 Itasca Sunova 33C, mucho mods
2011 Honda CRV, 2004 Rubicon (mucho mods)
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:35 AM   #28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
I just got back yesterday from doing a bunch of hills in Arkansas, Missouri and southern Iowa. I only hit 4200 RPM's a couple of times. 3200 in 4th gear was enough to get me over the hills easily at around 57 mph.

The 4200 RPM's I hit were on cruise control set at 57 mph. When the speed dropped to about 52 mph it did jump to the 4200 RPM's and 3rd gear a couple of times. This was towing the CRV, loaded, however, I did have a stiff wind at my back. The ScanTool said 7 mpg for the whole trip down and back.

I wonder if we got a group buy together if American Force would reconsider doing the MH conversion wheels?
the reason for asking wwas the reason I changed the wheels... I can now hold the trans in 3rd and not be over reving ... where as before it was screaming when it dumped to 3rd...

on areas of slight down hill I cruise at 1500 rpms..

towing I set the cruise right around 60-62 puts me in 3rd locked in going up the 6% grade at around 3500 rpms... I still have pedal left and it doesn't start shifting back and forth...I think my motor makes all it torque right around there..
__________________

__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tires



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
19.5 tires and wheels optional ?? rapid rick Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum 20 04-13-2015 05:56 PM
19.5" Truck Wheels and Tires drfife Excel Owner's Forum 26 11-25-2014 04:09 PM
Larger wheels and tires? bobcovey Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum 10 09-19-2014 11:17 AM
19.5" Truck Wheels and Tires drfife Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion 19 08-14-2014 07:09 AM
Upgrading Axels, Wheels, Suspension & tires Big-Foot 5th Wheel Discussion 7 08-14-2014 06:04 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.