Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2016, 03:26 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I always had a slight vibration at 65 mph, I got the Centramatics installed on all three axles and man what a difference. I only wanted to get rid of the vibration at 65 and with the Centramatics it felt like a different coach. Must have had some small balance issues on the steers, cuz I immediately thought the steering felt better as well. Sold on Centramatics!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2016, 10:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Just my opinion, if you have an out of round or other defect in a tire, the vibration would be there almost always but subject mainly to change in speed. What you describe could possibly be a result of beads that are sticking together until they warm up or something of that nature. What type or brand of beads do you have? I'm thinking maybe moisture might be the culprit causing the beads to clump. Have you talked to a truck tire shop? I'm sure your situation is not unique in the business.
Can you pinpoint the vibration to a particular wheel?
The best I can tell the vibration appears to be more at the driver's side front. The wife never mentions anything on her side.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:43 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One way to tell if a tire is out-of-round is to jack it up (safely) and spin the tire. You can see a bad out-of-round situation by just looking, or placing something on the ground and holding it close to the tread. I usually just use a screwdriver. You can identify a crooked wheel that way too.

I even had one Michelin that had a crooked tread on it, which causes a really strange wobbling/vibration situation. (Michelin did give me a new tire for that one). Bottom line is sometimes you have to find the problem yourself because not all of the "professionals" can identify the problem, or simply won't. It's much easier to blame the situation on your equipment!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:22 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do you have to buy new ones if you replace tires?
mdecastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:58 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
No, these will last the life of your Motorhome and then some.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointrow View Post
I have the balance rings, the ones with Mercury, and I'm disappointed with them. They will go out of balance for a few minutes then balance out again. No rhyme or reason when they do it.
Once they balance they are fine. Is this normal?
Any one else have this happen?

good luck

pointrow
Kind of sounds sorta like what my problem seems to be. Sometimes in balance very smooth and a few minutes later the floor under my feet feel a vibration. And early in the day from a fresh start it seems to take 20-40 miles before the balance is at the best it will do.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 04:49 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
May well be an out of round tire. Move tire to another axle and see if it changes. If so, Hunter makes a wheel balancer that may help. It saved me once. I don't recall the name of the machine, but it matches high spots on the tire to low spots on the rim. It would likely help. Most larger car and truck dealers have the machine nowadays.