Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
changing front tv in 2007 Itasca Suncruiser

Can anyone tell me how to get my old analog tv out of the overhead console in my rv?

evilbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
I have removed 3 of the old monsters, but not in an Itasca. However I suspect they are all mounted about the same. I would suggest there is probably a front frame that is attached to the main body. I have seen this attachment 2 ways, one with wooden plugs covering screws. The other type had angle brackets that could be removed from the main body by unscrewing a number of screws you can see inside the main body beside and in front of the TV. After that the TV will be held in by either screws coming up through the bottom of the main body, or held in by some sort of bracing in the front of the TV. This type of bracing usually holds the back of the TV into some sort of slide in bracket. You should be able to see the front braces and how they are mounted. One word of caution, those TVs are very heavy and can cause injury. You should only attempt this job with help. After the TV is loosened from its mounting brackets, remove the wiring and lift it out. Hope this helps.

Jim and Lynda, (Sophie, Jake, attack trained killer Shi-Tzus :-))

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't how yours is attached so I can't help you there.

However, I will confirm what jlfbatonrg said. You will need some help as it is quite heavy. Ours was very heavy and a bit bulky.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
First you need to get the faceplate off the tv cabinet so you can look inside. On most this faceplate is held on by screws either diven thru the faceplate unto the cabinet frame or driven thru the sides of cabinet frame into the faceplate. These screws are usually covered by wooden "buttons". Just pry out the buttons to expose screws. Once you can see inside the tv may be held in place by varying methods, from strapping, angle brackets etc. Whatever is holding tv may be screwed into the side of tv. There may be a block of wood on the floor of cabinet as well. If you unhook the cables etc from tv and remove the hold downs the tv will come out, Like others have said, have help as this tv is heavy and some will simple fall to the floor after being unscrewed and that can be a mess. You can get it out but as said there are many ways these are mounted but you need to get the faceplate off the cabinet first so you can see what you have to do.
John- 2011 Fleetwood Southwind 32V
catonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:21 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Winnebago and Itasca coaches have the most secured TV's in the industry. They are steel framed, welded and engineered to keep the TV in place in the event of a roll over. The steel strap around the TV will have to be loosed from underneath the cabinet. Usually there removable panels that hide the bolt heads that must be removed first, although some have double floors and accessed only after the front trim is removed. Good luck and keep us posted.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs up

I agree with getting help to manage the removal of the heavy TV. I have attached a site that has detail pictures that helped in the removal of my TV in a Itasca Meridian nhutch533's photosets on Flickr. Work safely .
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
Got the monster tv out

Thank you for your help everyone. I got my old tv out and the new one put in. I did need help with the old one. Wow are they ever heavy. I am glad the rear tv is not as large. When I get around to changing that one I will be able to solo it. I am now trying to figure out how to remove the old DVD player. It seems to be bolted through the bottom of the cabinet floor. The floor itself has a metal frame that overlaps the side edges. Hate to break it out.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #8

evilbog - FYI - In my Winnebago the DVD player was/is held in place by a very heavy Velcro type material. If felt like it was bolted in.
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
velcroed dvd

yes i found the heavy duty velcro. Now I am playing with trying to get the new tv to audio into the old dvd player so I can keep my surround sound. Any ideas?

itasca, suncruiser