Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Should be drivers window as it is determined by sitting in the car not facing the front!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Does "left hand forward" mean Driver's window?
Sorry about that. I work in Engineering in the aerospace field and tend to use location terminology used in the aircraft industry.

Yes, it would be the Drivers window!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Thanks!! .... excellent tutorial. I did almost the same except I pulled the cotter pin to uncouple the arm, removed the bolts in the flat mounting plate (entire assembly is attached to step) and worked on everything out in the open.

Times two, I found it a lot easier than laying on my back on the ground. Excellent coverage, you did great. Good kuck and travel safe.
david g...........
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #18
JCM

Triple E Owners Club
Thanks for the feedback and excellent pictures.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTravler View Post
Sorry about that. I work in Engineering in the aerospace field and tend to use location terminology used in the aircraft industry.

Yes, it would be the Drivers window!
In Ford vehicles, the Left Front (driver/streetside) and Right Rear (rear curbside) are usually the same. Right Front (front passenger curbside) and Left Rear (driver/street side backseat) are the same. 2 types, which are mirror images, to fit the 4 doors.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Step Motor

In lieu of using a rebuilt motor purchased from an auto parts, contact
AM Equipment
402 E. Hazel
Jefferson, OR 97352
(514) 327-1546
AM Equipment - Windshield Wiper Blades and Systems | DC Electric Motors | Wiper Motor Assembly

AM manufactures the original motor for the step companies. You can check out what they offer on line and determine which is the correct part for your application. If you call them they can send you spec sheets for any of the motors they make.
I have a 2004 Southwind and the correct motor for it was a Model 210-1011.

Price was $39.75 shipped.

Jack
Old 03-02-2013, 03:54 AM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Got mine there too. Great place to order from.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Great thread.

I replaced a complete assembly on my former coach. The problem with the motor is that the commutator over the years gets dirty and the brushes loose a low resistance contact. I banged the motor with a hammer to reseat the brushes and it worked for a while. I took the motor apart with the thought of cleaning the commutator and reseating the brushes. The brushes do not have a set screw to adjust the tension, only a spring to hold them to the commutator. Once taken apart it would take a great deal of patience and skills to reinstall the brushes . Ergo.......I replaced the assembly.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyJack View Post
In lieu of using a rebuilt motor purchased from an auto parts, contact
AM Equipment
402 E. Hazel
Jefferson, OR 97352
(514) 327-1546
AM Equipment - Windshield Wiper Blades and Systems | DC Electric Motors | Wiper Motor Assembly

AM manufactures the original motor for the step companies. You can check out what they offer on line and determine which is the correct part for your application. If you call them they can send you spec sheets for any of the motors they make.
I have a 2004 Southwind and the correct motor for it was a Model 210-1011.

Price was $39.75 shipped.

Jack
Jack, sure glad you posted this. That was where I got mine a couple of years ago but couldn't remember the name of the company till I saw your Post. Was a great replacement on my 2004 Meridian. Everything went back just as original in about 10 minutes work altogether. No trouble with trying to match window motors or changing any wiring. Thought about buying an extra but since the original lasted 7 years I figured that would be a long time to store one.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #24

Just did the install with the same motor (42-309) and works like a charm. Thanks for the great info. The only thing I noticed was the cover did not fit on as snug as with the original step motor. It's on pretty solid and its definately not going anywhere, but the was a space around the the new motor. Any suggestions or is that normal. Cheers
Old 05-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just removed my step motor and can't find any part number on it. I have a 2003 fleetwood Storm. Any suggestions as to how I can determine which one to purchase from the company you recommended?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 05-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94coachman View Post
Just did the install with the same motor (42-309) and works like a charm. Thanks for the great info. The only thing I noticed was the cover did not fit on as snug as with the original step motor. It's on pretty solid and its definately not going anywhere, but the was a space around the the new motor. Any suggestions or is that normal. Cheers
If you mean the cover did not seat (a gap between lower housing and cover) that happened to me .... I cut a gasket out of a piece of thin cardboard (the cardboard a 6-pack of beer or soda comes in). Bigger gap ... 2 gaskets.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2this View Post
I just removed my step motor and can't find any part number on it. I have a 2003 fleetwood Storm. Any suggestions as to how I can determine which one to purchase from the company you recommended?

Thanks,
Bob
Take the motor into Advance Auto or similar discount auto store ... they have most in stock ... about $35. To them, it's a power window lift motor.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #28

We have a 1991 Silver Eagle coach and the step just stopped working. Is it possible that the window motor would work on something this old? The motor is an A&E Systems which I understand is no longer in business. Any information would be so appreciated.

Tags
kwikee