Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2018, 10:33 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Charge wire for trailer.

I just bought a 2008 Tuscany 4072 nice rig with low milage. I am putting a break controller on it for a trailer with electric breaks. I found a connector under the dash for the breaks and confirmed by freightliner. I am trying to find the fuse or a way to hook up the charge wire so I can charge a battery in the trailer and also power the lights inside. It appears that the 7way plug in the back is hooked up. When connecting the trailer my left turn would not work. I found the fuses for the lights. The freightliner book that came with the rig told me where the fuses for the lights are. It says that their should be a 40amp fuse for the power wire but does not say where it is at. The rest are in a box in the driver side rear compartment. I can not find a 40 to be replaced or a place where one should be. Any help would be great thanks in advance.
Flyndutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2018, 10:44 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You just may have to start chasing the wires down from rear to front.
On my CC DynoMax it wasn't connected at all. Had to use one of the three wires that CC installed for future use. Connection in front was in the electrical compartment under the driver. In the rear there was a matching connection block in the engine compartment. I installed a 30 amp fuse at both the MH and towed end.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:34 AM   #3

Flyndutchman-

First off, welcome to iRV2!

Second, you should add a "signature" to your user profile. It appends to each post, and tells folks what coach you have, saving you having to type that information, as you did this time. Instructions are here.

Third, in answer to your question, here's a post by another 2008 Tuscany owner. Also, here is a link to a recent thread by another 2008 Tuscany owner. It relates to trailer lighting functions. Perhaps you and the OP (Original Poster) of that thread can connect and compare notes using the "private message" iRV2 function (instructions here).

Again, welcome to iRV2!
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:49 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Flyndutchman-

First off, welcome to iRV2!

Second, you should add a "signature" to your user profile. It appends to each post, and tells folks what coach you have, saving you having to type that information, as you did this time. Instructions are here.

Third, in answer to your question, here's a post by another 2008 Tuscany owner. Also, here is a link to a recent thread by another 2008 Tuscany owner. It relates to trailer lighting functions. Perhaps you and the OP (Original Poster) of that thread can connect and compare notes using the "private message" iRV2 function (instructions here).
Again, welcome to iRV2!
Dang, WELL DONE and what I like about most of the posts on here.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:07 AM   #5

My 2008 freightliner chassis only provides power through the hitch connector when the ignition switch is "on."

My fuses for hitch lights/power are all in a plastic box mounted in my PS rear bay - your's could be elsewhere, since I've got a Tiffin - but I'd look towards the rear...

If you call Freightliner with your VIN they should be able to tell you where the fuse is - unless the hitch is a coach install item.

Good luck.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:58 PM   #6

You are working on your BRAKES, not your BREAKS.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:25 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Talking

Thanks to Pepaw in another thread I solved my problem. Rear drivers compartment in a black box up high there was 2 fuses both blown labeled ign1 and ign2 would have been easy if they were labeled trailer charge + but that would have been to easy. Thanks for the suggestions I am good to go now just need to hook up the breaks but I know where the wires are under the dash.
Thanks again everyone!
Flyndutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:49 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Traveler View Post
You are working on your BRAKES, not your BREAKS.
Thanks, I would never have figured out what he was talking about.
The best and worst all in one discussion
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer