Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #43

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
chart

was someone looking for this chart
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012413144012361.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	42036  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #44

You might trying to google : scottykillmer.com its free he is a mechanic and has videos
and if you need help you can email a problem.

3wheeljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Birch View Post
32 oz is the correct amount . . . see bottom of last page:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7a665...14&app=WordPdf
Stan.
Thanks. I assume that is for a Winny, but a Workhorse by any other name is still a Workhorse. I think I am a little under 2 lbs. now. I may shoot a little more in and see what happens.
Tom
tompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompen View Post
Any A/C guys out there. 2001 Daybreak / Workhorse. Dash A/C is about 80* with ambient about 90*. I just had it charged but no way to know how much R134a to put in. He recovered 3/4 lb and it has 1.5 lb now. When he put in 2 lb pressures went up and temperature went up also. Compressor seems to cycle fine. Low pressure line at the evaporator is cold but not real cold. Some condensation from the evaporator at times. Low pressure 40-50 and high pressure 275. Heater control valve works OK. I pinched off a heater hose just to be sure. Dash vents seem to change over fine. I am running it on Max-air. We washed out the condenser. Electric cooling fans are running.
Any ideas.
Thanks, Tom
Im having the same prob. I am almost possitive that your water valve that should close,while a/c is running not letting hot water pass through the heater coil.Your a/c will run great but when conditioned air blows through a hot heater coil it gets hot again.Hope this helps i diddent read all replys sorry it someone already suggested.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #47

Hi RRussell
The heater control valve was one of the first things I checked. I pinched off the input hose with a clamp for testing, and it seems to be working OK. They can be problematic though. Easy to test with a clamp or visegrips. Thanks for your input.
Welcome to the site.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #48

Hey Tom, got back from 3 weeks of actually using the RV (gasp). Dash A/C was working fine and then compressor shut off. Quick look under the hood and some wire wiggling and lo-and-behold ... thermostat was intermittently failing. Wedged a little piece of wood between the connectors and worked for rest of trip. Pulled it today and has intermittent high resistance across contacts. Evans calls it a thermostat but it's a fixed range of 31 - 39 degrees so I think it's really a freeze detector. New one on order.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #49

Hey Bruce. Welcome back.
I don't think I have one of those. Good job figuring it out. Glad to have you back on the board.
Tom
Old 08-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #50

Quote:
Hey Bruce. Welcome back.
I don't think I have one of those. Good job figuring it out. Glad to have you back on the board.
Tom
Thanks! Mine is about 2 inches away from the resistor pack. Original looks a little different from the replacement. Electrically, its inline with the pressure switch and clutch.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #51

So it turns the compressor off if the evaporator freezes up ? I'll see what mine has to do that.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #52

Quote:
So it turns the compressor off if the evaporator freezes up ? I'll see what mine has to do that.
Yup ... same as the Freeze Sensor in the Dometic/DuoTherm roof A/C. Or, in my case, it shut off the compressor whenever it felt like it ...

It appears to be a capillary tube with what is probably a bi-metal strip contact. Had a quick look inside bu doesn't look like you can clean the contact without damaging the strip ... kinda' cheezy. $40 with shipping but it's another "oh well".

The condenser fan is also in the circuit. I forget the exact order but it's something like:

Battery, ignition switch, A/C switch, pressure switch, thermostat, and then compressor/ condenser fan (parallel).
Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #53

tompen, the T stat actually turns the AC compressor and if so equipped the cond fan before evap freeze up.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post
tompen, the T stat actually turns the AC compressor and if so equipped the cond fan before evap freeze up.
Thanks
I'm pretty sure I don't have anything like this. Freezing up is a problem I am not having. The compressor seems to stay on the way it should. Comparing my temps with Bruce, looks like I was expecting too much.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #55

Wow my a?c works great now!!!!

2000 chevy day break 454:I hope this helps ?There are two vac.lines a black and a white that run together from the back of the dash connected directly to the temp control knob.The white one seams more like a hard plastic?Its very brittle it connects to ???? thing that is at the bottom of the housing (back side)where evap.core is .With hood up looking to my left of eng.compartment very bottom of the (housing)black box there is ???with little (white one)vac.line in the bottom of it .I found that it was broken so making sure to remove little piece that is in the end of it and placing it in the new line that i replaced it with and making sure my (LOOKS A SMALL HOSES ON BACK OF CLOSE DRYER)Return&Suplay were good and insulated where they travel through the very top of eng.compartment.I live in alabama and that baby with all bad symtoms gone was putting out conditioned air around 50F and less must of been high 90s an humid as heck outside.IF need more info ill do my best to get Most of what ive read hear sounded like same stuff i was going through so I hope this helps very inexpenive fix .GOOD LUCK
Old 08-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #56

rrussell
Again, Thanks.
But to save you some typing. I blocked off the heater core with clamps so no water could get in. Even if there was a problem with the control valve, the core was not getting any hot water.
Good job figuring out your heater control problem. Thanks for sharing. We all learn from each other.

Tags
chassis