Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #15

I was attaching the towd to the DP motor home on an incline, and paused briefly to consider what would have happened to me if one of our dogs were to, in their excitement, step on the brake release button.

Later that day, I bought a 2-inch PVC pipe cap from Home Depot, to place over the brake release button when we are parked.

Increased safety and greater peace-of-mind for about a buck!

Matt B
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2015, 07:20 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctox View Post
For another solution to a similar problem, I used an old Scuba weight belt that I had left over from diving in my younger years. It stores easily and is heavy enough to hold the 90 degree donut in place when there are no threads to secure the fitting.

I use a jack stand. I put the jackstands in the coach when I started RVing, but quickly realized that I probably won't be changing tires. At least now I have a use for one.

I have noticed that most CGs have a large rock near the sewer connection for this purpose.
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #17

Maybe a little too simplistic, but we we're always short of space to hang jackets, especially when they're wet. We put a 3M Command Jumbo hook on each end of the shower stall about 5" off the floor.

Â*Command™ ProductsÂ*Command™ Jumbo Hook

Then hung an expandable automobile style hanging clothes bar something like this between them.
Bell/Ultra clothes bar 00073-8 at AutoZone.com

We regularly hang 6 to 8 coats on the bar and have never had a problem with them either falling off or the 3M hooks not being able to support the weight. We remove the bar and coats when it comes time to shower.

We got the idea from the built in sockets in the shower of our 2001 Winnebago Adventurer. That motorhome used an expanding bar similar to those used in a home closet.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:57 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmattb View Post
I was attaching the towd to the DP motor home on an incline, and paused briefly to consider what would have happened to me if one of our dogs were to, in their excitement, step on the brake release button.

Later that day, I bought a 2-inch PVC pipe cap from Home Depot, to place over the brake release button when we are parked.

Matt B
Matt,
I did something similar, but I used a piece of PVC and sliced it in half longitudinally. I cut it just long enough to fir under the flange of the brake button, and I just slip each side under the flange and hold it in place with a rubber band. I thought about doing what you did, but was afraid the dog would knock the PVC cap off the brake button.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:02 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctox View Post
Matt,
I did something similar, but I used a piece of PVC and sliced it in half longitudinally. I cut it just long enough to fir under the flange of the brake button, and I just slip each side under the flange and hold it in place with a rubber band. I thought about doing what you did, but was afraid the dog would knock the PVC cap off the brake button.
I use a wooden clothes pin under the brake release button when parked and then use the same clothes pin on the seat belt to provide a little bit of slack while driving.
srx-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #20

These are helpful tips/tricks. Please... KEEP THEM COMING!
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
We used 2 of these mounted above the shower enclosure walls and a rod to hang wet clothes or for the occasions where the DW needs a long dress to wear at our destination.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:43 AM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We're big believers in the value of seat belts, but hat them pressing tight against us. Several years ago we found what I consider to be the best solution. You can adjust these to hold the belt just off your chest without affecting the belt operation in an accident.

Amazon.com: 2 Sets: LooPo Seatbelt Tension Adjuster (2 packs of 2): Health & Personal Care
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:54 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
Maybe a little too simplistic, but we we're always short of space to hang jackets, especially when they're wet. We put a 3M Command Jumbo hook on each end of the shower stall about 5" off the floor.

Â*Command™ ProductsÂ*Command™ Jumbo Hook

Then hung an expandable automobile style hanging clothes bar something like this between them.
Bell/Ultra clothes bar 00073-8 at AutoZone.com

We regularly hang 6 to 8 coats on the bar and have never had a problem with them either falling off or the 3M hooks not being able to support the weight. We remove the bar and coats when it comes time to shower.

We got the idea from the built in sockets in the shower of our 2001 Winnebago Adventurer. That motorhome used an expanding bar similar to those used in a home closet.
These hooks are awesome. They come in different sizes and colors. On my Allegro bus there is a space between the entertainment cabinet and the kitchen cabinets. I installed 6 of this style hook on the outside of the cabinets. We hang our toad keys there, when I camp the MH keys there. A pocket flashlight etc. In the bedroom there wasn't any wall hooks for robes and pajamas. We put them up in the bedroom for this. In the closet I have one on the wall to hang belts. The nice thing is they do not make holes in the walls. If you need to take one down to move it just pull on the tab and it comes off with no marks where it was. To hang clocks I use a similar device but instead of having hooks it has Velcro. Instead of the double sided tape that leaves marks when It comes off this is the pull tab also. You can put them on each side of a clock picture etc and then just Velcro in place.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:17 AM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
10 years ago the Suburban water heater started leaking on my 1982 Midas Class C. I removed and found multiple holes rusted in the tank. I cleaned the tank with wire brush and filled all the holes I found with epoxy and screws. Then fiberglassed the whole tank. That way when another place rusted thru, the fiberglass contained any new leaks. It is still holding.

ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
I wanted to quickly see the state of my house batteries. I bought a digital 12v meter and put it under the dinnet table. When I sit in the recliner opposite, I can see meter. It also makes a dandy night light.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423502176.619969.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	85658

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Elmers Product, Inc. Tac 'N Stik Reusable Adhesive, Nontoxic, 2"X1 Oz - Walmart.com

We use this stuff under the coffee maker and anything else we need to stick down securely. It's fully reusable and removes easily.
aviator37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:38 PM   #27
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Not a fix, but a ladder tip if your coach doesn't have one.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/ladder-tip-213981.html
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #28

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmattb View Post

Matt B
My owner's manual suggested I use a cheap spring-loaded clothes pin on the shaft of the brake release button to prevent grandchildren performing the same "trick". I tried one, and it fits perfect. You can't push the brake release down without pulling the clothespin.