Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2016, 10:55 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
To Sue 46 This is what I use and I,M very happy with it and it WORKS
it is called Redeye battery fill it has a red eye wich comes on when battery is is full it is great for thight places like my battery compartment it is powered by four Lithium #44 LR batteries give them a call great service
The BOB J Company 361-701-4245 or redeyebfs@gmail.com
GEORGE
2013 Monaco Monarch 33 SDF

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Why not forget about all that complicated stuff and just stick the filler snout in the hole and hold down until it's full!
http://www.amazon.com/Cycle-Battery-...battery+filler

I go for the old saying "KISS" (keep it simple stupid). No, I'm not calling you stupid, it's just that sometimes we want to do things the hard way!
Joe. It's another thing to carry. The the pump is much smaller. Could probably put 6 or 7 of them in one of those fillers. I also like the fact that the 2 12vs are sealed. Talk about simple.

When you go full time I think you would appreciate the simplicity of this system. Batteries are in a constant state of use, charge, etc and not just sitting around doing nothing. I can get about 2/3 to 3/4 of a gallon of distilled water in 4 6s about once every month to month and a half. It's not a once a year or every six month thing. And even if it were, this is simple and quick. No cap pulling. Your choice but like I said - one of my favorite upgrades!

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #31
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Steve, what was your cost on the kit, and how do you supply the distilled water to it?

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Steve, what was your cost on the kit, and how do you supply the distilled water to it?
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Batte...stems-s/13.htm

One end of tubing in gallon jug. Other end has an attachment to fit the #1 cell in the series. Squeeze ball until all caps have risen to shut off filling.

Here's how it's done...

Watch "Pro-Fill RV Edition Installation and Operation" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/yN_QyBo9M7U

Price... like most things - hunt for the best price or support RV Upgrades!
Old 01-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #33
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Steve! That looks like a nice setup! I may have to look into that when I have a little pocket change I don't need for anything else!

Old 01-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #34
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
There are a LOT of products where you can argue one might be better than the other. I think one exception to this is the ProFill system. There is NO simpler, safer, easier way to fill batteries. The caps are sealed and it takes literally less than 3-4 minutes to fill all of your batteries.

My coach is always plugged in and used on average of once a month. As "flaggship1" stated, the batteries, when being used all the time, use up water. I have six 6 volt batteries that I fill about every other month. The six take anywhere from one to two pints each time. I just did it about 30 minutes ago. I grabbed my jug of distilled water, the squeeze bulb and took under 3 minutes to top off the water. It took longer to get the water out of my shed than to fill the six batteries.

Someone even called the system a gimmick.....Even if you have batteries on a slide tray and can easily get to everyone, you still have to unscrew 12 -18 caps on a 4-6 battery system, then carefully fill to the line, while being careful of getting battery acid on your hands and clothing. There is just no argument to getting this system unless you just can't afford it!
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:09 PM   #35
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
There are a LOT of products where you can argue one might be better than the other. I think one exception to this is the ProFill system. There is NO simpler, safer, easier way to fill batteries. The caps are sealed and it takes literally less than 3-4 minutes to fill all of your batteries.

My coach is always plugged in and used on average of once a month. As "flaggship1" stated, the batteries, when being used all the time, use up water. I have six 6 volt batteries that I fill about every other month. The six take anywhere from one to two pints each time. I just did it about 30 minutes ago. I grabbed my jug of distilled water, the squeeze bulb and took under 3 minutes to top off the water. It took longer to get the water out of my shed than to fill the six batteries.

Someone even called the system a gimmick.....Even if you have batteries on a slide tray and can easily get to everyone, you still have to unscrew 12 -18 caps on a 4-6 battery system, then carefully fill to the line, while being careful of getting battery acid on your hands and clothing. There is just no argument to getting this system unless you just can't afford it!

Don, I'll hit you up for a loan when I'm ready to install it!

Old 01-11-2016, 04:53 PM   #36

a turkey baster with a mark a lot line where full works for the tight locations
Old 01-11-2016, 05:41 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Don, I'll hit you up for a loan when I'm ready to install it!
You'll be more likely to need a loan when four 6Vs have a short life. :(
Old 01-11-2016, 05:59 PM   #38
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Well Joe....it's too late for a Christmas gift! Santa could have brought you one.

I know they're pricey for what you're getting, but it's one of the few products that really makes RVing simpler. I like it because it helps to keep the battery bay dry and acid free.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #39

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
NAPA 8231

From the NAPA web site that appears to be a Sealed Valve Regulated Lead Acid (Maintence free type) Battery. No Refillm, however I couldl not get a clear top view of the battery so it is posible the caps come off

you may also find the Flo-Rite system fits. Contact them if it is a flooded wet cell type. They may have an system for it.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:48 AM   #40

You were all very lively yesterday . Lots of ideas and potential solutions. I will need to churn through everything.

Joe, Your battery filler from Amazons is too big, we have very little clearance and Dan, we have been in contact with Morryde and other slideout mfgs. None fit our MH. We even looked into custom and way to pricey.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:23 AM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
Dan, we have been in contact with Morryde and other slideout mfgs. None fit our MH. We even looked into custom and way to pricey.
That's the problem I ran into when I upgraded from 6 to 8 batteries. Even the OEM tray manufacturer couldn't supply anything that didn't require drastic modifications on the mounting brackets on the RV. We had to rebuild the original tray to fit, then realized that the weight distribution was different and had to rebuild the frame. The whole thing is about 90% new steel and 10% old components. My mechanic is cheap (friend) but we spent a lot of time on it. The end result looks nice but created a new problem. The rear battery caps were no longer out in the open and accessible. My Pro-Fill system has been shipped, and expected to arrive any day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0687.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	343.9 KB
ID:	116344   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0722.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	459.6 KB
ID:	116345  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0711.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	381.5 KB
ID:	116346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0728.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	116347  

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:25 AM   #42

National RV Owners Club
Pro-Fill is one of my best upgrades. Saves times, less than a 5 min job for me and my six batteries. Especially a time saver, due to my battery tray is very tight, and back two batteries are tough to get at. With Pro-Fill all six are a piece of cake. Initial expense rough maybe to some, but if you do the math on time, the system will pay you back. Convenience alone make it invaluable to me!

Tags
battery