Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2016, 08:21 PM   #1

Class A Bath and 1/2 model Mirada

I have just ordered a Coachmen Mirada 35BH. It is the bath and 1/2 model.

What I have found out is the that these Bath and 1/2 models have 2 dump zones. That mentally challenges me on how to manage. Most of our RV parks we visit have full hookups and one would think I now somehow have to make choice as to which to keep connected.

I am sure the are other multi-bath units with multiple dump zones that people have here on this forum. I am hoping you guys with share your ways that you manage this. Everything I have owned never had these challenges.

Thanks in advance.

cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2016, 09:05 PM   #2

I have a bath and 1/2 Georgetown. It has mid mounted black and grey water tanks that service the kitchen, clothes washer, and 1/2 bath. The rear mounted black and grey tanks service the full bath in the rear. We tend to use the 1/2 bath while in transit or while overnighting at Walmart,etc. So it doesn't fill as fast as the grey tank. When camping at a campground, I tend to keep the rear connected to the sewer and only move the hose to the middle when the front grey fills (we tend to take most showers in the RV and not at the bathhouse so the rear gets full faster) . You can get a Y sewer connector and keep them both connected but then you have more hose to clean at the end of your stay. I would do that if we were long term campers, but 2 weeks is as long as we stay at one place.

rvgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvgreg View Post
I have a bath and 1/2 Georgetown. It has mid mounted black and grey water tanks that service the kitchen, clothes washer, and 1/2 bath. The rear mounted black and grey tanks service the full bath in the rear. We tend to use the 1/2 bath while in transit or while overnighting at Walmart,etc. So it doesn't fill as fast as the grey tank. When camping at a campground, I tend to keep the rear connected to the sewer and only move the hose to the middle when the front grey fills (we tend to take most showers in the RV and not at the bathhouse so the rear gets full faster) . You can get a Y sewer connector and keep them both connected but then you have more hose to clean at the end of your stay. I would do that if we were long term campers, but 2 weeks is as long as we stay at one place.
Thanks for your comments. I haven't looked into a Y connector yet and will most likely try out your strategy first.

My other challenge - to be figured out - is that we are also buying a RV lot where we have to have utilities installed. I had an idea where that would be but now will rethink that. I don't have to make that decision for a few months - plenty of time to try out as the sewer service(prior RV park service) is more to the back on the lot. I could put two clean outs and very well may consider.

But when we travel...I like that idea that you shared.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:23 PM   #4

I would simply run two separate pipes that tie into three main sewer system your lot. When you are traveling just get a Y and tie them together.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:15 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our bath and half has one dump station. Fleetwood uses a vac u flush toilet in the rear to send stuff up to one black tank that's under the half bath.
Boatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Our previous bath & 1/2 Phaeton 40QBH only had single black and grey tanks so no problems there. To answer your question, our Winnie Vista 35B before the Phaeton had dual black and grey tanks. To make matters worse, the mid and rear sewage bays were so far apart that trying to use a "Y" connector wouldn't have made a difference, because covering the distance between the sewage bays to where the slinkies met at the "Y" would have cost us our height advantage with no room left after the "Y" to create the downhill flow to complete the dump. One thing we would do, which was already mentioned was just use the rear (main) restroom when we didn't have the grandchildren, so we would only have a single black tank to dump. We still had to use the center grey tank because of the kitchen. The other thing I started doing was not worrying about the how (nothing negative intended), and just hooking up anytime one of the sets of tanks needed to be dumped. I got so used to that, that I still do it today... I don't stay hooked up, and only pull the slinky out when I need to dump. Only a touch more work, but I'm used to it (also, we can go 3 days to a week before needing to dump).
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:45 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
cmalberto - we have a Thor Challenger 37TB with 2 grey and 2 black. There are actually 4 tanks. When we are staying for more than 3 or 4 days I use a Y connector with supports. The Y is a bit of a hassle for the short stays and I don't use it. I am not sure how much Grey and Black water you have on board but we have 40 x 2 for grey and black along with 100 gals of fresh. We also have a washer/dryer that runs to the front grey water and the shower runs to the rear. We dry camp when we are Key West and go five days between dumpings. So while the 2 tanks are a bit of pain - connecting the Y - they are very important unless you want to really change how you live in your coach. IMO.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
cmalberto - we have a Thor Challenger 37TB with 2 grey and 2 black. There are actually 4 tanks. When we are staying for more than 3 or 4 days I use a Y connector with supports. The Y is a bit of a hassle for the short stays and I don't use it. I am not sure how much Grey and Black water you have on board but we have 40 x 2 for grey and black along with 100 gals of fresh. We also have a washer/dryer that runs to the front grey water and the shower runs to the rear. We dry camp when we are Key West and go five days between dumpings. So while the 2 tanks are a bit of pain - connecting the Y - they are very important unless you want to really change how you live in your coach. IMO.
Thanks - we will have similar setup. Glad you mentioned the "break even date" of 3-4 days. The more I think about I probably won't have to dump the front that often as the shower will collect the most grey water and require a constant connection. I can't say I have ever filled a Black tank but have gotten close when we have a lot of miniature guests. It will be what it will be and as you say...get a Y to hook up both for the longer stays which would be true when down at the beach.

Oh....our setup is pretty much the same 2 45 tanks on both the front and back - a little less with 70 gallons of fresh.

Thanks again.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:03 AM   #9

I just empty the rear black tank first, then switch it to the front tanks(mid coach) to empty the 2nd black tank and grey water tank to rinse it out. It only takes me an extra 5 minutes to do this. We have gone as long as a week without dumping, taking showers daily. When setting up your RV lot just make sure they put your drain in the middle, and you can still just switch when you need to dump the rear, which on our rarely gets over half full.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:40 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
cmalberto - with the larger grey water on a separate tank using the washer/dryer is doable. Not sure how it would work otherwise when you're dry camping.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, class a, mirada