Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2018, 06:29 PM   #85

Fairly new to the RV world. Have a 1998 Country Coach Magna 40’ Driving down the highway it rides very nicely, no complaints. No bouncing just a very smooth ride. Turn into a gas station or get on secondary streets and it rolls and wallows all over the place. Is this normal?
yzfyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2018, 02:41 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfyoung View Post
Fairly new to the RV world. Have a 1998 Country Coach Magna 40’ Driving down the highway it rides very nicely, no complaints. No bouncing just a very smooth ride. Turn into a gas station or get on secondary streets and it rolls and wallows all over the place. Is this normal?
Wallowing like a drunk whale is sort of the norm with Class As it seems. One way to see whether yours is worse than others might be to ride in another MH as a comparison. Your 20yr old coach surely needs shocks by now I would think. The bulk of this thread was related to bouncing. Class As are top heavy and on air bags they will roll and tilt. Nature of the beast.
ItalGerBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:34 AM   #87

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Use part numbers

If you have a fix for this problem or any other problem on this forum use part numbers. It does no good just saying Koni or Bilstein shocks fixed my coaches problem.
Tobys96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:15 AM   #88

But the shock part number would definitely work for you only if you had the exact same chassis, right? On my 2004 MADP with the Freightliner XCR 34k chassis and Neway IFS axle, Koni EVO 99b part number 3254 is correct for the front axle on my coach. Do you have the same setup? The shock that worked for me probably would not work on a 2004 MADP with the Spartan chassis option or even the same chassis with a different front axle. If you don't know if the same shock part number would work on your coach or not, how is that helpful?

Also, the Koni EVO shock was available for my coach and it worked for me. There may be no EVO model part number available at all for your coach and you may have to try the Koni FSR shock instead, and then my EVO part number is meaningless to you. Getting the right part number for your coach is too important to rely on some yahoo online who has a different coach than you do. It may even be dangerous to list a part number that someone else could use without double checking that it is right for them.

If you go to the website of places that sell shocks, they will have a way for you to input your coaches information to determine the right shock for you. Otherwise, call them. They will list a phone number on their website. That is a much better way to get correct information than from someone else who has a different year, make, model, chassis, front axle, etc that may or may not work on your coach...
Old 10-31-2018, 02:48 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
But the shock part number would definitely work for you only if you had the exact same chassis, right? On my 2004 MADP with the Freightliner XCR 34k chassis and Neway IFS axle, Koni EVO 99b part number 3254 is correct for the front axle on my coach. Do you have the same setup? The shock that worked for me probably would not work on a 2004 MADP with the Spartan chassis option or even the same chassis with a different front axle. If you don't know if the same shock part number would work on your coach or not, how is that helpful?

Also, the Koni EVO shock was available for my coach and it worked for me. There may be no EVO model part number available at all for your coach and you may have to try the Koni FSR shock instead, and then my EVO part number is meaningless to you. Getting the right part number for your coach is too important to rely on some yahoo online who has a different coach than you do. It may even be dangerous to list a part number that someone else could use without double checking that it is right for them.

If you go to the website of places that sell shocks, they will have a way for you to input your coaches information to determine the right shock for you. Otherwise, call them. They will list a phone number on their website. That is a much better way to get correct information than from someone else who has a different year, make, model, chassis, front axle, etc that may or may not work on your coach...
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:35 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post

You’re right to say that the part number would be specific to your chassis, even to the axle. But to just say “Koni shocks helped me” isn’t informative either, Koni has multiple lines including OEM style which will be listed for the chassis. Helpful is knowing which line on which chassis, like yours were the Koni Evo on your chassis, on my 98 P30 16.5K chassis I tossed new OEM style shocks for Koni FSD, and it made a tremendous difference. The right front air bag went bad on a trip, I adjusted the left air bag to compensate, and it was hardly noticeable. Before the Konis, it would’ve been unpleasant.
MSGDLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a