Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #1

Class A bunk house feedback needed

I've searched older posts and got some info. But it's been a while since someone else last posted a similar question. So here's my situation and questions:
Trying hard to finalize my thinking. Looking for bunkhouse class A, and window placement is a big deal for me. Kitchen (solid counters and big fridge) are big pluses. I'm trying to stay under $100k and I want to buy new.

I've been able to find most of these all very close in terms of price, but haven't been able to see the Georgetown XL in person. But it seems to meet my wish list the best. Would love external opinions:

1) Forest River Georgetown XL 350TS: fiberglass roof, full size queen http://www.forestriverinc.com/ClassAMotorhomes/GeorgetownXL/default.aspx?page=floorplandetails&floorplanid=195 &RVType=CLA
2) Forest River Georgetown 351DS: fiberglass roof, short queen, avail with residential fridge (but the one I can see locally doesn't have this) http://www.forestriverinc.com/ClassAMotorhomes/Georgetown/default.aspx?page=floorplandetails&floorplanid=258 &RVType=CLA
3) Thor Windsport/Hurricane 34J: like the windows, not sure about layout, king bed, small fridge http://windsport-rv.com/floorplans.php
4) Fleetwood Bounder Classic: not enough windows, king bed http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/bounderclassic/floorplans/34B

I think that's my current order of preference. The first has been on the lot for a long time, and I have to fly down to get it.

Would love to hear perspectives, and particularly wrt storage layout and/or durability.
emeraldlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2011 Thor 34T bunkhouse which we got when our granddaughter was old enough to travel with us (about 2 years old). The bunks are big enough for an adult and the layout works for us because at night when we put her in bed and close the drapes we still have the entire camper to use. It has been very reliable and I have over 30,000 miles on it. The cost was under 100K. Thor customer service is very good.
bassnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #3

We found a very slightly used 2010 Fleetwood "Discovery" 40G last summer for not a whole lot more than what you're asking for.

HUGE kitchen, bunkhouse, Corian countertops, residential refer (stainless), and a ton of windows. I realize it might be a bit more than you want to spend, but I can HIGHLY recommend this rig!

The biggest selling point for us was that this rig allows us to "close off" the bunkhouse area. Our kids are young and having the option of closing them off into their own room while allowing us to have the run of the rest of the coach was huge for us.
Herman Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Personally I'd probably take Herman Snerd and look for a higher quality used one but I have to admit that those look pretty good in the brochures

Also I'd double check but the Georgetown brochure doesn't mention a residential fridge (or even an inverter) being available although one is clearly pictured in the brochure. It's possible they have one pictured but don't actually offer it (although that seems odd they would do that). One that would make me wonder is that they only list 2 batteries (I think other mhs with residential fridges have at least 4 - many have 8 (The Newmar King Air comes with 16 I believe))).
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a