Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2018, 02:29 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmckinley View Post
Keurig compact, Industrial Velcro'd to countertop. Hasn't moved in 40,000 miles.
X2. The HD Velcro works great!
Poppy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2018, 03:10 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
X2 on the burr grinder
gonecampin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:21 AM   #59

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Keurig on a non slip piece of rubber on the counter, on our motorhome, and 5th wheel before that for years, never moved oncce
sinterior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:55 AM   #60

Ford Super Duty Owner
When we switched from our old coach which had an Lp reefer to a residential unit I knew that we would be running the genny during breakfast anyway. Dumped our stovetop percolator and looked for a small electric coffee maker. Found this compact unit from Hamilton Beach. Think it was $39. Small and fits in almost any storage...no K cups...fast coffee, even in travel mugs. Like it so much we bought more of them for the S&B house and retired all of our other coffee makers.

Eventually just left it on the counter in the coach...and it has never moved an inch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stainless-steel-hamilton-beach-single-serve-coffee-makers-49981-31_1000.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	224248  
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:59 AM   #61

Jayco Owners Club
This Mr. Coffee fits right in the kitchen cabinet. https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-JWX...8-9&ref=sr_1_9
Old 10-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #62

Yep, under cabinet appliances are a thing of the past.

For me, life is not worth living if I can't have my morning latte - or two.

My wife - who doesn't drink coffee - has forbidden me from taking my bulky Super Automatic espresso machine on the road, so I use a fairly compact Krupps pump espresso machine in the coach. When it's time to travel it goes back into our large cabinet, tucked in a corner. No pot to worry about because I use small demitasse cups to catch the shots. They fit in the cabinet with the other cups and glasses.

One thing I enjoy doing when I travel is to pick up a pound of locally roasted coffee or even souvenir coffee from towns or places we visit. Only had one bad purchase. Brought back a pound of coffee from a small souvenir shop in Belize near the cruise terminal. Got back home after the cruise and stuck the beans in my machine. When I did I noticed they were a VERY dark - black in fact. Well, after one sip it was clear that the local coffee roaster bagged up and sold their burnt beans to the tourists in the cruise ships. Tasted like runoff from a house fire. Looked at the beans before tossing them and they were literally roasted to charcoal.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:26 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrnmrtom View Post

My wife - who doesn't drink coffee - has forbidden me from taking my bulky Super Automatic espresso machine on the road, so I use a fairly compact Krupps pump espresso machine in the coach. When it's time to travel it goes back into our large cabinet, tucked in a corner. No pot to worry about because I use small demitasse cups to catch the shots. They fit in the cabinet with the other cups and glasses.

One thing I enjoy doing when I travel is to pick up a pound of locally roasted coffee or even souvenir coffee from towns or places we visit. Only had one bad purchase. Brought back a pound of coffee from a small souvenir shop in Belize near the cruise terminal. Got back home after the cruise and stuck the beans in my machine. When I did I noticed they were a VERY dark - black in fact. Well, after one sip it was clear that the local coffee roaster bagged up and sold their burnt beans to the tourists in the cruise ships. Tasted like runoff from a house fire. Looked at the beans before tossing them and they were literally roasted to charcoal.

Ah, yes. The infamous 3rd crack.
Boatworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:24 PM   #64

Simple and cheap, tastes greatClick image for larger version

Name:	gsi_coffee_percolator_102288_1.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	224553
Old 11-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #65

Me too - love coffee pods
NeeNee33.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #66

Recommend selecting from the Speciality Coffee Association (SCA) Certified Home Brewer Program.

73/gus
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #67

The reason B & D bailed on the under counter coffee makers is that they started a lot of fires. Cuisinart makes some nice combination grinder/brewers. And at the risk of sounding common, I have been happy with Starbucks VIA instant.
eesnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:15 PM   #68

Coffee

I don’t know which gives me the most laughs———-coffee snobs or wine snobs. 😂.
The very best coffee maker of all time is whatever makes you happy! 👍👍👍
pdqracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #69

Spartan Chassis
Counter coffee pot

B & D on the counter for the last three years. We had an issue two years ago Went right into Wally world and got a new one for $12. Lightweight easy to use. Just perfect same as the one in our stationary home.
osull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrnmrtom View Post

M with ya.. at home I use a Gaggia Platinum super automatic. It does n travel well so I use a Nespresso machine in the MH. I think it makes great espresso style coffee away from home.
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
balck and decker, class a, coffee, coffee maker, spacesaver, under cabinet