Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2018, 12:36 AM   #127

Black and Decker under the counter coffee pot.

I searched EBAY until I finally found one. I love it!!!
Cherilanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2018, 01:23 AM   #128

Triple E Owners Club
Coffee

We use a reuseable filter inside an old filter holder. Mount it onto a coffee urn from Starbucks, put in the ground beans and pour hot water from our hot water source, be it our tea kettle when plugged in or a pot of hot water from our propane stove when boondocking. A carafe, a filter and a filter holder packs away small and tightly. No electronics except when we are plugged into power at a 30 am site. Easy Peary, and all around reliable.
We used the same system when we had our sailboat.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #129

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Talking Coffee Maker?

I always liked the Black and Decker Space Saver model too! I haven't seen one in the last 15 years or so! I carry a Keurig single serve for my wife, but it is not cost effective for a real coffee drinker! I also carry a B&D 10 cup drip machine if I plan to have hook ups, but a enamel coated stove top perculator if I plan to boondock! I prefer the drip machine, but I don't want to have to start the generator 2 hours before my wife wants to wake up! The stove top perc is OK...after chewing the grounds from the bottom of the pot! One advantage is that I can take it out to the camp fire if I want to!
There's nothing like having those first cup at fireside while reading a good book!
covered.wago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:15 PM   #130

It's all about space to me. And since We always have electric, and it heats up in half the time it would take to burn propane, its a winner. But to each their own.
Outside of a French Press, not much is smaller than the Chullux.
TexanTravelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #131

Coffee makers

We have a Bunn coffee maker and put museum putty (order online) to keep it secure while moving. Works great. I also put a rubber band around the carafe and the grounds cup so they don’t slide off
janrhcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:07 AM   #132

Small, fast and cheap!

We have a Bella one-cup coffee brewer...it is has a small footprint, brews a cup in one minute and is about $20.

2008 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8A2E99E3-E11A-44DE-B23A-93508D4A0655.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	225871  
dpsdebi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
I guess a lot depends on your preferences for coffee, and brewing method. I am ever so slightly addicted to the espresso brewing method...and fresh roasted single origin beans. But I can crank out Americanos, Lattes, Flat whites, Cappuccinos for those that don't love espresso.

Rocket Apartamento with Baratza Sette 270 grinder.

I’m with you on that C. How it’s holding up on the counter? No moving about? I know it’s hefty

Thanks
Zzotte
Old 02-12-2019, 12:43 PM   #134

Serious here....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190212_124113218.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	234871.......even have water plumbed...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:44 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocha Latte View Post
My wife and I have been in the coffee business since 2000 as coffee roasters. We are also motor home owners so we have a unique perspective on this discussion. The Technivorm is clearly the standard for drip coffee makers. We sold them years ago and never had a customer complaint. In the last few years the Behmor is available for a friendlier price and gives comparable results. When we travel, in addition to a drip maker, we also have a French press and a Chemex. We applaud your choice as the class of drip coffee Brewers.
Any recommendations for the the espresso traveler?

Zzotte
Old 02-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #136

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
I’m with you on that C. How it’s holding up on the counter? No moving about? I know it’s hefty

Thanks
Zzotte
I slide it back from the edge...and remove the hopper from the grinder. No problems that way. I do have a spotter to keep tabs on stuff while driving, which helps. But...I have a couple os solo jaunts without a problem as well.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #137

I use the perforated rubber placemats $1 . Keeps everything in place
brabono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:19 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
Any recommendations for the the espresso traveler?

Zzotte

Depending on what your expectations are, there is equipment that runs the gamut in complexity and price. For example, if you want basic espresso the Aeropress is an excellent way to get great results in a low tech, inexpensive way. You can add a basic steamer to do lattes and cappuccinos. If you want something more you will need something like a Rancillio or Gaggia, a small semi-automatic that can approach espresso bar quality. But this comes at significant expense, usually $500 to $1000. If you don't to spend this much you are better off with the Aeropress for quality results. Don't waste your money trying to brew quality espresso on some inexpensive department store maker as you will be disappointed with the results. I recommend researching the Aeropress and you will be pleasantly surprised. You find many videos on it on YouTube.
Mocha Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #139

Ditto Keurig, sink when traveling.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:02 PM   #140

National RV Owners Club
We use a Keurig single cup coffee maker as many others have mentioned but sometime ran into the problem of camping in a park with no shore power, generator hours not allow early in the morning and our inverter's AC power having a limit of 1000 watts. Then we found Keurig makes another single cup model that only uses 700 watts of power, the K-130. Also easy to make a cup of coffee while traveling down the road, no need to start the generator any longer. The only sacrifice is it takes about a minute longer to make a cup of coffee compared to the other Keurig models.

GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
balck and decker, class a, coffee, coffee maker, spacesaver, under cabinet