Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2019, 05:29 AM   #155

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Well like others I got fed up buying coffee make after coffee maker. Everything from Mr. Coffee up to spiffy "good" residential coffee makers.

The one day was wandering around Walmart and listing after a new Braun consumer grade machine but the need constant electricity to keep the take hot. Sigh... then I noticed a 12-cup coffee maker for $10.88 give or take some pennies.

I thought well those $100-$200 machines never made much of a difference for the 3-6 months they lived. Why not see what a basic no fancy electronics machine can do? Got home and put a tank of water threw it... perfect temp to brew coffee, or so "they" say. And actually it made very good coffee. Used it waiting for Temps to go down or something...nope just tossed it after 18-months. the Temps dipped to under 180F and further....so, just under $11.00 later I have a tasty who-cares-if-it-breaks coffee maker again. I should add I make at least one pot a day in it.

I was honestly very surprised...still am.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2019, 05:34 AM   #156

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
Wow! That’s actually a Moka pot, perfect for the side of the road it’s just boils the coffee but it’s not bad for what it is

Zzotte
Hey, I use one if those now and then too. It's at least 20yrs old and can even make a nice frothy cappuccino kinda thing if I'm. in the mood.

Mine has the original glass top bowl.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecklundin View Post
Well like others I got fed up buying coffee make after coffee maker. Everything from Mr. Coffee up to spiffy "good" residential coffee makers.

The one day was wandering around Walmart and listing after a new Braun consumer grade machine but the need constant electricity to keep the take hot. Sigh... then I noticed a 12-cup coffee maker for $10.88 give or take some pennies.

I thought well those $100-$200 machines never made much of a difference for the 3-6 months they lived. Why not see what a basic no fancy electronics machine can do? Got home and put a tank of water threw it... perfect temp to brew coffee, or so "they" say. And actually it made very good coffee. Used it waiting for Temps to go down or something...nope just tossed it after 18-months. the Temps dipped to under 180F and further....so, just under $11.00 later I have a tasty who-cares-if-it-breaks coffee maker again. I should add I make at least one pot a day in it.

I was honestly very surprised...still am.
So what is it?
Old 02-15-2019, 10:28 PM   #158

We carry a small Italian lever espresso machine, the Ponte Vecchio Export. It fits well in the small sink while driving and doesn't require much counter space when stopped. For long trips I carry my roaster in the basement so I always have fresh beans. Happy wife, happy life and all that.

I have a Decent Espresso on order; when it comes I intend to build it into the cabinetry using a TV lift I have around. I will be able to push a button and it will come up through the counter. Gotta have SOME fun...
Old 02-17-2019, 05:29 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
We carry a small Italian lever espresso machine, the Ponte Vecchio Export. It fits well in the small sink while driving and doesn't require much counter space when stopped. For long trips I carry my roaster in the basement so I always have fresh beans. Happy wife, happy life and all that.

I have a Decent Espresso on order; when it comes I intend to build it into the cabinetry using a TV lift I have around. I will be able to push a button and it will come up through the counter. Gotta have SOME fun...
DeeGee what a fantastic idea, what brand of machine did you order if I may ask? I Was thinking of placing my on top of the desk area ( I have a table rather then dinette) but now it opens up to all new opportunities

Zzotte
Old 02-17-2019, 06:10 AM   #160

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41 TS View Post
It appears that Black and Decker along with others have bailed from making under the counter coffee makers.
This thread made me search - The are making the under the counter coffee maker again!!!!

https://www.target.com/p/black-decke...r/-/A-18838298

I'm buying two - house and RV!!!!

Maybe even a third as an emergency spare!
smp005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #161

Omg. $130 for the worst coffee maker in the world.. noooooooo!
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:45 AM   #162

I have two of those B&D under counter coffee makers since I found a newer one in a Mexican thrift store for $15.

They both do a good job (I'm using the newer one and storing the older one) and it's so convenient to have it up under a cabinet right over my dining room table. Too bad B&D dropped the line with that design. I've used many $8-$12 coffee makers over the years and the B&D is well made, even better quality by comparison. Really looks to have been purposely made for RVs and have a long life. Good quality and mostly standard parts (I opened mine and looked...long time appliance repair guy here) that are easily obtained in the event of a failure. Easy set clock. The one I'm using now has a 2 hour shut off feature that the removed one didn't have. I kind of needed that because I'd let it boil dry too often.

And because I'm pretty good at it, it makes great coffee, and keeps it at the right temp. That's all I wanted.

Under counter all the way!!!!!

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #163

Cuisinart with SS carafe for many years
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:54 AM   #164

Spartan Chassis
coffee maker

Have used B&D ($12) since my first class a. Still using On my third ($18 Walmart)
osull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:32 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
DeeGee what a fantastic idea, what brand of machine did you order if I may ask? I Was thinking of placing my on top of the desk area ( I have a table rather then dinette) but now it opens up to all new opportunities

Zzotte
The company is called Decent Espresso :-) https://decentespresso.com/

For the lift, I'll make a panel in the counter top that is hinged at the back, so when the lift pushes up the panel tips up. Mounted to the lift will be a table surface or tray that will exactly fit the hole when lifted into place. This will take a while (I have a couple of other projects first) but I'll post pictures on IRV2 someday.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
We use a KEURIG and set it in the sink while traveling.
We used commercial grade velcro and left it on the counter.
thomasd923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:43 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
The company is called Decent Espresso :-) https://decentespresso.com/

For the lift, I'll make a panel in the counter top that is hinged at the back, so when the lift pushes up the panel tips up. Mounted to the lift will be a table surface or tray that will exactly fit the hole when lifted into place. This will take a while (I have a couple of other projects first) but I'll post pictures on IRV2 someday.
Wow Wow! That’s is one beautiful machine are you sure you need a lift? With this one you may just say “Alexa make my espresso” LOL

Zzotte

Tags
balck and decker, class a, coffee, coffee maker, spacesaver, under cabinet