Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question Class A Cover

Howdy!
Has anyone ever have experience with this cover? Great price! 3 year warranty!

Get the Classic Accessories RV Cover for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are awesome!
beepaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have an ADCO 33' - 37' cover used less than a full season for sale. Similar style as the one you are asking about from Camping World. I paid
almost $400 and am asking $175. If interested, pm me. I live in the Hudson Valley in NY.

StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
What StevieG is trying to say is that covers are a royal PITA. If windy, they'll either rub a hole in themselves or mark your RV, hard to put on, hard to take off, hard to even get on the roof to put on, take up lots of storage space.....
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The picture shows a name on the cover - If the actual one Wal*Mart is selling it is a "Classic" brand...I had a Classic brand cover for my old tow vehicle (F350 Crewcab/longbed) and it was of similar quality to Adco and the other mid-grade covers (see first link below).

Currently, I have a Formosa brand (also of similar quality) and try to always put the cover on anytime my 37' long Class A will be parked over 2 weeks before driving it.
This is really a must-do for me being in uncovered storage the Sunny SouthWest.

After the first time, re-installation gets easy - if - you roll it up using a system during removal. I roll it up similar to a burrito, so all it takes is placing it on the rear edge of the RV and unroll it toward the front, dropping the sides as I go. It is a 1 person operation if done with a system in mind.

I lift it to the roof using a line, because it weights about 40-50lb. The cover will get wear holes any place the RV has a pointy piece (oh well). That is why I did not buy a custom made cover. Those are often priced at $1200 and more.

These neutral colored covers will not leave marks on the RV. Any soiling or staining is caused by dirt or mold that is allowed to get on the RV, under the cover. BUT mold rarely forms under covers made of these types of breathable fabric.

See more here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/i-lo...ml#post1309930

and here

OUTLAW Mods and Easy Fixes

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for all the info!

I need a cover because it looks like I'll have to store it outside and up here in MA, winters can be a bitch!!!

I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are awesome!
beepaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A brand new $400 cover came my MH when I bought it last year. I decided no way in heck would I put that thing on/off unless storing for several months. Seems to be a huge reason not to use or maintain the coach. I ended up renting covered storage for my old bus, rather than risk water leaks etc..
Old 09-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I have used one of the Adco covers for an older motorhome. It went on easily but seemed to tear and get holes wherever it rubs. The sizes rarely fit tightly with a 3-4 foot size span. When I went to tighten the rope under the motorhome, I snugged it a bit much and tore about 12' of the hem. Find they make it more difficult to start both RV and Genny. This year I decided to build 3 frames that I can lay across the roof and install a heavy tarp at 12x36. I will not be going anywhere until February cause of surgery tomorrow, but the roof on the Adventurer is well protected. No cords or ropes are attached to the motorhome. The frames rest on roof on carpet pieces
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2694910090.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	535.3 KB
ID:	45388   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3313228920.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	576.9 KB
ID:	45389  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1411305453.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	695.9 KB
ID:	45390  
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Forgot to mention that wood, tarp, rope and bungee cords all came to about $100.00 frames keep the tarp approx 5-6 inches off the roof leaving lots of room for ventilation.
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #9

I have an ADCO for my 34' fleetwood. I've used it for 2 Winters while in driveway storage. Its a love-hate relationship really. I hate puting it up there then repeatedly securing it until Spring. And the additional 2' of material bunchs-up in the front or back and looks terrible. But when its icy and snowing, I'm glad its in place.
However, here in the South, the direct summer sun/heat is the big problem, but putting the cover on and off during the "traveling" part of the year is not practical. My cover has assorted wear-holes and some seam rips from the Winter winds. You HAVE to keep all the flap out of the things or they WILL self-destruct.
No RV damage that I have found. I don't think I'll use it again though. The trouble is not worth the benefit.

Tags
class a