Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Class A Exhaust Systems and Seat Relo

I am new to RVing with a 2008 Winnebago 29R and Ford V-10. Banks and others make a lot of claims about increased performance and mileage for their Stinger system (w/o headers or their Ottomind Programmer). Does anyone have experience with Banks as above or others?
I am 6'4" tall. I need to relo the driver's seat back about 1-1.5 inches. It is a non-power seat made by Winnebago. I do not wish to go to a power seat. Are their kits or something available to just relo seat to the rear?

jimm7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would call Winnebago customer service about the relocation.

They say that their seats and seat belts meet the Federal requirements for attachment strength and the mounting is connected down to the frame.
They might be able to tell you how to move it without compromising the attachment strength.

Clay WA5NMR - Ex Snowbird - 1 year, Ex Full timer for 11 years - 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Honda Accord toad.
Clay L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by jimm7777 View Post
I am new to RVing with a 2008 Winnebago 29R and Ford V-10.
Welcome to the RV lifestyle and the forum. I had an 05 29R for four years and went thru some of the same questions you have relative to the Banks system. The extensive research I did indicated I could definitely improve the power but probably not the mileage with the addition of Banks systems. I found the V-10 to have enough power for my needs in the end and decided against spending the money. I'm surprised you want to move the seat. I am 6'3" myself and felt the factory seat positioning was fine, in fact I usually drove with the seat moved forward anyway. Good luck with your new addition and enjoy !
2010 Canyon Star 3647
2010 Ford Escape
DandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Is there a slide out behind the seat? I don't think my driver our passenger seat could move back much. As it is if you lean the driver side back it contacts the slide.
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
Banks and MPG increase, not going to happen. Unless your present pipes are clogged up or smashed shut.
Power increase with headers yes possible, with just pipe changes. See above.
99 Discovery 34Q ISB
2014 MKS AWD EcoBoost Toad
Fulltime Since "99"
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote