Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2015, 07:09 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Class A Forum

They might need to start breaking the Class A forum into Two groups One for Diesel Pushers and the Second group for Gas Pullers. Some of the pushers have status issues! Remember that we all have to check oil, air in the tires and pull up to the pump!
WReeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2015, 07:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WReeder View Post
They might need to start breaking the Class A forum into Two groups One for Diesel Pushers and the Second group for Gas Pullers. Some of the pushers have status issues! Remember that we all have to check oil, air in the tires and pull up to the pump!
What about Diesel Pullers ?.... (don't they deserve a group)?
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:08 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
I would hate to offend anyone just because I was a normal guy just trying to enjoy RVing. All who own gassers are not poor people. I thought most of the problems and answers here covered both.
Wetsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:22 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
What about Diesel Pullers ?.... (don't they deserve a group)?

Well maybe just Gas and Diesel. We have to remember there are pullers and pushers in both groups. Actually it may not be a bad idea TO separate them into two forums.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:35 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I vote,No!!!!

damdannyboy
Old 07-24-2015, 08:38 AM   #6

I have not seen or experienced this issue you speak of. I vote no also. I like reading g all the posts. Most are very informative
jmuir26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
At the present time, we have no plans to split out the Class A (or any other) Forum. We don't want to make our site so complex it will be to difficult to figure out where to post a question.

The vast majority of issues are common across all coaches. For those that may be specific (class, engine, chassis or mfr) we do have separate Forums for those.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:51 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Maybe you would rather have a Gas/Diesel forum for those worth from $1 to 100K?
Gas/Diesel forum from 101k to 300K
Gas/Diesel forum for 301K to 500K
Gas/Diesel forum for any over 501K

I don't think that will happen anymore then a Gas or Diesel only forum.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:08 AM   #9

I really think the bigger gaps we have when talking on any subject here are between the groups of full timers (often retired) and recreational weekend users. The technical viewpoints and especially the life attitudes can be vastly different.
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Whether "puller" or "pusher", they all "push" with the rear wheels, regardless of where the engine is mounted. The only real "pullers" are the front wheel drive models. Last one of those I remember was the 1970's vintage GMC coaches built on the Olds Toronado chassis with front wheel drive.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:34 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I like it the way it is now. We already have other forums for platform specific rigs, why complicate even more?
Old 07-24-2015, 05:44 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
While I agree that the DP people quite often dominate the forum it is only fair because they have more problems. It's up to us gassers to help them out when we can...
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #13
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
While I agree that the DP people quite often dominate the forum it is only fair because they have more problems. It's up to us gassers to help them out when we can...
Don't duck, I just spent almost 4K to replace a dpf filter. That is diesel exhaust filter. Catalytic converter basically. Less than 35K miles on my pusher.

Three days in a shop while on the road. Not fun. I can almost replace a gas engine for that. Our EPA at work.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know if the diesel owners have more problems or just more time to talk about them as more of them are probably retired! Right now since I'm still working for a living I have little time to talk about a problem when I have one, any free time I have is being used to fix the problem! I do find time to read the posts that interest me though and learn from them. This website is a "must have accessory" for RV fans.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, forum