Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #15

i find it to hard to reach the gas pedal when i am driving my motorhome with the seat turned around.
trampsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
It can be a real series of moves. I first tried for a long time without success. Always got hung up. Then one day I did something and it worked. Do you think I paid attention to what I did? NOT!
I know it has to do with sliding the seat forward and back a couple of times during the process at the right time. That's the key. Left armrest up.
Stand on one leg. Hold your tongue to the right and quote some Shakespeare might help as well.
All the above plus some colorful words that DW might chastise you for. Good for visitors extra seating but you can't the TV.

Being retired means you can put off till tomorrow what you could have done today
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #17

My Workhorse chasis won't allow me to swivel my driver's seat either & i've tried evey position. Passenger seat is very easy.
graddy0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have discovered on my Damon Challenger that the drivers' seat has to be all the way forward, the steering wheel in the raised position (also just put a little pressure on the steering wheel so that it goes by the upmost detent while turning the seat) and the back of the seat in the straight up position. Make sure the armrest for the left side of the seat is raised. You may get a little resistance as the back of the seat touches the steering wheel, but a little nudge will rotate the seat to the rearward position. This procedure wasn't in any of the manuals, so it became a trial and error thingy!

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Driver side slide out, driver seat base all the way to the rear, seat back tilted all the way forward, steering wheel tilted all the way up, hold your breath in and swivel, then remember you forgot to unwrap the seat belt from the left arm rest almost every time. Needless to say it does not get done very often.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #20

If the seat is all the way to the rear, it will be closer to the steering wheel when it is turned around.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
i try tomorrow, but the last time i moved it" every which way but loose". sometimes if alot of guests are in the mh, i would like to be able to sit and face who i'm talking too instead of turning my head
genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
If the seat is all the way to the rear, it will be closer to the steering wheel when it is turned around.
But I have an excuse it's sat all winter, none the less you are correct I do have to slide it all the way forward by hand not enough room when I'm sitting in it.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #23

John, I thought all the way back at first too till I tried it. Mine still won't turn as much as I want it to. I need to play with it some more.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
nope,won't work. i slid it fully forward and it won't clear the wheel no matter what i do
genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #25
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons
nope,won't work. i slid it fully forward and it won't clear the wheel no matter what i do
I was at the FW factory for some warr. work and had them replace the base with one that allows me to turn mine around. All I know is that it is blue and they referred to it as the blue one.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Modded.. no, Done it.. Yes.. No mod needed 2005 Damon Intruder 377W.

You do have to move it back and forth a few times to get it all the way to the rear, but it can be done.. What makes it harder is I have an oversize steering wheel. (I am 6'3" and the standard wheel, no way could I see the speedometer so I got a larger one custom made, works great)... Cost 1/2 what the "Delux" wheel (Which came with the rig) cost from Workhorse. (Same manufacturer too so it is absolutly to spec).
Old 03-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #27

See post #20.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #28

I can really work it and get mine turned about ninety degrees, then I can use the engine cover as an ottoman. I think it depends greatly on year, make, model and floor plan. One thing that would make it easier if you don't have any electronics or airbags on the steering wheel would be a steering wheel quick release. Grant Products makes one. http://www.grantproducts.com/search?...&submit=Submit
You would have to purchase the quick release from them and a steering wheel that is compatible with the adapter. With this you could remove the steering wheel very easily so it would not be in the way. That would give you probably at least another 7"-8" of clearance.