Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
Our last coach had a front door and this coach has a mid entry door. I think the front entry door allows for a better floor plan and wastes less space. Joe

2008 Itasca Latitude 39W. Cummins ISB 6.7 Turbo 340HP. Allison 6 Speed. Freightliner XCS. Michelin XRV 255/80R 22.5 LRG. SuperSteer MCU. Safe-T-Plus.
azloafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Cherylv View Post
I Love co-piloting with my feet up on the passenger dash so the front entry does not appeal to me...not that I'll have to make that type of decision anytime in the near future since the newer DPs/rigs are a little out of my $$$ range I guess if a new DP with a front entry showed up on my door step, I'd somehow manage to make do though
Ours has a passenger footrest for that

offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Cheryl, most of the copilot chairs with the front door MHs recline with a footrest that comes up so you can still lay back in comfort.
Mike Canter
"Gunner" USN Retired, Airdale
2004 Monaco Signature 44' Conquest. Detroit 60
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #18
Our coach has front entry and there is no problem at all with front passenger chair being too far back. My wife does not, but I put my feed up on the dash the few times I am not driving. Some of our friends motor homes have the seat way back, but not on ours.
B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
I presently drive a Fleetwood Providence, with the front door. I have been thinking about trading for a mid-entry door type floor plan. The main reason is that when we get ready to pull out on the road, there always seems to be "something" that I need to check, outside. Now think about it. The DW is all set in the passenger chair; her shoes off and her feet up on the extended footrest; her seatbelt in place around her and both dogs, in their spots on the chair with her.

Then I say...."Honey, I have to check something outside.".......Then the trouble starts!
Roland & Jerri, with Maggie & Mollie, our Pups; '05 Fleetwood Providence, 39' DP; '08 Saturn. "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has it's limits" (Einstein)
gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #20
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Door ? I didnt notice the door . What a coach
Southernboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #21
Boy , I love that coach. It's just the icing on the cake to have the mid door!
2007 Allegro 34wa .WH w20 8.1 6speed. Bow tie powered 79 CJ7 or a 2014 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Toad.
jeepfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #22
The DW is all set in the passenger chair; her shoes off and her feet up on the extended footrest; her seatbelt in place around her and both dogs, in their spots on the chair with her.
Tell DW to go outside for that last check and then you can enjoy a nice quiet drive while she gives you the silent treatment.

2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 340 Cummins
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote