Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2019, 05:32 AM   #1

Class A motorhome cover

Hello everyone! Looking for a top quality RV cover for my motorhome!
I know camping world sell them ,but looking for one to fit with my mirrors!
Jeff Keyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2019, 06:06 AM   #2

Avoid polypropylene fabric as it's only good for 2-3 years. Polyester is better but weighs more and is more expensive. I compromised and got one that was polyester (aka "Denier") on the roof and polypropylene on the sides. Bought it off e-Bay from a Florida marine supply place. I'm quite happy with the quality but it is tight at the mirrors.

Here's the listing for the one I bought:

https://www.ebay.com/c/1083987937
Old 08-22-2019, 06:18 AM   #3

If I were up north, I'd have one for the winter months, but our coach stays air-conditioned all year, so a cover is out of the question because the A/C would be hampered.

Waterproof covers enclose every bit of humidity inside the coach, so my guess would be that mold and critters would have a field day in a fishbowl environment.

From what I read, the light ones rip on something and don't last many On/Off cycles. The heavy ones are a royal PITA due to their bulk and weight.

Classifieds section here offers up Roof Cover that might be worth looking at. ADCO Tyvek RV Roof Cover 36 to 40 ft - RV & Motorhome Classifieds
Old 08-22-2019, 07:23 AM   #4

Are you sure you want or need one? Years ago before my RV port, I bought a good one for a 96 Pace Arrow Vision. It was a royal pain to get on and a bigger pain to get off. I used it a couple times and gave it away to a friend with a travel trailer. They have to be tight so the wind doesn't whip it and possibly scratch the finish. I just didn't think there was enough benefit to offset the hassle. A good coat of uv wax once or twice a year provided all the protection I felt necessary. It might be worth it if you were going to store the RV for several months, but we used our coach more often.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:36 AM   #5

It looks like your coach has full body paint and bus style mirrors, as do I. I used to have a full cover for my last Class A that did not have full body paint and this would reduce the sun impact and fading of the side walls and emblems during the winter months. As other stated, too much hassle to install and remove more than once a year. I did use the full cover on my new coach for one winter (folded the mirrors in all the way to the sidewalls), but the zippers ended up scratching the bottom of some of the baggage doors. Now I have a roof-only Tyvac cover that is very light and easy to install/remove. I use this most of the year to keep dirt from the trees and snow off the roof. The length of the cover also completely covers the windshield. Works great. With the full body paint, I'm no longer concerned with fading and peeling of the side walls. I also have separate covers for the mirrors.
f18sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:44 AM   #6

Just something to think about. The cover needs to be softer than the paint on your coach. Many synthetic cloths are harder than your coach's paint and will scratch the paint in the wind. Try and get a sample of the cloth and rub the cloth on a hidden spot on your RV paint and see if it scratches. Most high dollar car covers are lined with something soft. A few more bucks for a cover is a whole lot cheaper that having your rig rubbed out every year.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:28 PM   #7

Tip for installation and removal: Put it on when there is no wind (obvious) but take it off in a stiff breeze. The wind will then do most of the work for you.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:38 AM   #8

Look at Classifieds under Free Stuff. Looks like there's a cover there.

Tags
class a, cover, motorhome