Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #1

Class A - No Slides

Hi all! My wife and I are looking at and researching Class A MH. There will only be the two of us. We will use the MH for weekends and an very occasional 1-2 week trip. We are both of the KISS mindset. We lived on a 42' trawler in the past and found that while we used both toilets, the smaller master shower was used as storage. The same thing happened in the guest stateroom.

We want a MH in the 30-34' OVERALL LENGTH. It's the largest I believe I can manuever into my yard ( have to angle around a power pole), plus I'm on a narrow street with a cul de sac at one end.

I put this out in advance of my questions.

1) Are there any new non-slide Class A's out there? Assuming that I am correct and there is not.......

2) It seems that beyond the 2000 model year, everything has at least 1 slide.
We like the National Seabreeze 1310 model. It has a floorplans that works well for us and I like the mechanicals ( wide chassis, 22" tires, storage).
What other mfgs should we be looking at?

Sorry to be so long winded and apologies if all of this is somewhere in the archives.

Thanks for your patience!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I tried to find a class A without a slide out for sale online and couldn't. Though I'm sure that they exist. I have a class C without a slide out. There are times when I wish I had more room but, for 1 or two people, I like my rig just the way it is.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #3

My DH proclaimed that he did not want any slides on our first Class A. They broke, they leaked...blah blah blah. Thank goodness he regained his senses.

We just sold our first with 2 slides and are considering one with 4. (He discovered slides were nice.) There's nothing simple about a motorhome anyway.
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrockken View Post
Hi all! My wife and I are looking at and researching Class A MH. There will only be the two of us. We will use the MH for weekends and an very occasional 1-2 week trip. We are both of the KISS mindset. We lived on a 42' trawler in the past and found that while we used both toilets, the smaller master shower was used as storage. The same thing happened in the guest stateroom.

We want a MH in the 30-34' OVERALL LENGTH. It's the largest I believe I can manuever into my yard ( have to angle around a power pole), plus I'm on a narrow street with a cul de sac at one end.

1) Are there any new non-slide Class A's out there? Assuming that I am correct and there is not.......

We like the National Seabreeze 1310 model. It has a floorplans that works well for us and I like the mechanicals ( wide chassis, 22" tires, storage).

Sorry to be so long winded and apologies if all of this is somewhere in the archives.

When we were upgrading from a 33 foot RV with no slides we wanted about a 34-36 without slides. My wife walked into this RV, liked it, and now we have an RV with three slides. I kind of doubt you'll find a newer A type RV in that lengh that does not have slides.

As a side note we lived on on a 46 foot sailboat for 12 years and greatly enjoyed that life style. We have been RVing for a longer period of time and greatly enjoy this life style. At this time of life RVing is much safer.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
New 2015 Winnebago Brave has a floorplan with no slides.
TandCplusRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:31 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
From the description of what you are looking for, Consider a Monaco Safari Trek. We love ours and fits us just fine. I am also of the KISS mentality - as my father said, the more gadgets the more that can go wrong.

Our Trek is 29 ft. long, but has no bedroom. The beauty of the Trek is that the bed is in the ceiling of the living room by day, and it comes down for sleeping at night. This means we have the living space of a 38 ft. coach and a full-size bathroom. If you can live with the bed, you will love a Trek.

We camp in a lot of state parks and USFS campgrounds and our Trek works well.

Our 2003 2810 does not have slides, many of the newer model do. Any slides are in the kitchen/dining area. Treks were made from 1991- 2008 - and who knows the new Monaco may build them again.

For all you want to know, check out Trek Tracks website.
zekegb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:04 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, brand new Winnie Brave is made in a 27' and 29' version, no slides.

Winnebago Motorhomes - 2015 Brave
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:52 AM   #8
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrockken View Post

As your research indicates, there are very few motorhomes after 2000 that don't have at least 1 slide. Having owned RVs both with and without slides, I personally wouldn't want one without, even for occasional use. The amount of interior room you gain from just 1 slide is very welcome, especially on a rainy day when you end up spending most of your time indoors.

By the way, you say you found a National Seabreeze with a floorplan you like. Be aware that National is out of business, so you may have difficulty finding parts.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #9

X2 for Safari Trek. These are not for everyone, but are high quality with lots of extra features as standard. Also, a very loyal owner group http://www.nwtfc.com/forum/active.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekegb View Post
From the description of what you are looking for, Consider a Monaco Safari Trek. We love ours and fits us just fine. I am also of the KISS mentality - as my father said, the more gadgets the more that can go wrong.

Our Trek is 29 ft. long, but has no bedroom. The beauty of the Trek is that the bed is in the ceiling of the living room by day, and it comes down for sleeping at night. This means we have the living space of a 38 ft. coach and a full-size bathroom. If you can live with the bed, you will love a Trek.

We camp in a lot of state parks and USFS campgrounds and our Trek works well.

Our 2003 2810 does not have slides, many of the newer model do. Any slides are in the kitchen/dining area. Treks were made from 1991- 2008 - and who knows the new Monaco may build them again.

For all you want to know, check out Trek Tracks website.
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #10

You can find later model 2011(?) Thor Hurricane 30Q which don't have slides. I'm in the no slides required camp especially if your usage is mostly weekends and an occasional longer outing.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:43 AM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
The older Foretravels didn't have slides. There's one (40' I think) for sale here in Columbus now.

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #12

Look at barthmobile.com
These are older, rock solid RV's, all aluminum with no slides. Mine is a 32' DP wide body that suits my wife and I just fine.
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:52 PM   #13

Tom, thanks for the info on the 2011 .Hurricane Q. I like the 3door access to the rear storage. It looks like the big change in storage come in the 2008 model. But I see they joined the slide parade after 2012.

I guess there aren't enough of us KISS customers out there!
Old 07-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #14

Ken, we are with you all the way on this. With 40 years of RVing for months at time, we bought our current no-slide Winnebago Adventurer 32T waaay back in '98.

We first saw it on a dealer open house weekend. It was love at first sight!! Nevertheless we sat there in the rig chatting for a full two hours, just to get a feel for what it would be like to live for months at a time in a rig like that. After two hours, we were sold! And after 15 years we are still sold! The absolutely perfect rig for us.

So . . . 15 years later, it is understandably time to get a new rig, but there is nothing out there that really turns our crank or comes close to our no-slide 32T.

If Winnebago ever offered another no-slide 32T, we would buy it in an instant!!

Tags
class a, slide