Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2019, 07:24 AM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
One of the reasons I like "Class A" only rv parks is that I know our motorhome will fit. I like other rv parks as well, but own a lot at Bella Terra in Alabama. It was a great decision for us to buy a lot a couple of years ago. Really like having somewhere we can call "home" when we aren't out traveling or at our stick and brick in NOLA. Our decision was one that when we were in our stick and brick, having storage in NOLA was super expensive and we would have to empty the refrigerator after every trip. Leaving our motorhome at Bella terra, we can leave it hooked up to 50 amp service, it is ready to head out at a moments notice. We have also personalized our site with a big green egg, screened gazebo with TV, carriage house (actually a large storage); outdoor fireplace, wonderful swing over looking the fountain. We have some friends that I'm sure will be friends forever ... just my two cents.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2019, 08:22 AM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
One of the reasons I like "Class A" only rv parks is that I know our motorhome will fit.
Exactly! When you have a 45 foot motorhome, many parks present issues with tight turns, low trees, limited maneuvering space, or short spaces. The Class A parks don't have these issues.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:02 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhannah View Post
Attachment 245093

We're considering buying this lot in Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs - it seems like a great community!

And it's becoming almost impossible to rent a place in Palm Springs in season...
Danhannah,

Very nice steps, did you make them?

Also, the Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs (which is actually in Cathedral City) allows class-A and 5th wheels, etc. It is a very nice park with over 1,200 spaces.

Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:12 AM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
I have “almost” bought a lot at every stinking CL A resort I’ve stayed at. I absolutely love them, but I’ve managed to talk myself out of it so far.

Vinnie, I love the place you are at in the winter. The next time I’m there, the Franzia is on me.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #61

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I
ll take a questionable waterfront fish camp before a fancy hotel any day. Same goes for campgrounds. All of the entertainment you ever wanted parading past your camp chair.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:46 AM   #62

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhannah View Post
Attachment 245093

We're considering buying this lot in Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs - it seems like a great community!

And it's becoming almost impossible to rent a place in Palm Springs in season...
We’ve been trying to rent there for the month of January for 2 years. No luck yet. I’m calling the property managers in about a week to try again. Buying a lot may be the only way.
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:25 PM   #63

We didn’t buy a class A because it allowed us to stay in”fancy” parks. We bought a class A because it met our needs and preferences. We like staying in RV parks that provide the amenities we choose to use and the experience we want. If that happens to be a class A only park, so be it. Everyone should live life as they want.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:51 PM   #64

Triple E Owners Club
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwit View Post
I will not go where my friends arn’t Welcome.
We won’t go where our friends aren’t welcome either.

Cheers

DJ & BJ
Old 05-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #65

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
I bought my class A so i could poop at 70 mph, then microwave a pizza.. I also bought before I knew of these fancy resorts.. Am I a snob or what i really have no idea how to figure out which group I fall into!!!
Old 05-07-2019, 05:44 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshalone View Post
My wife and I looked at Class A motorhomes, 3-4 year old that we could afford, and settled on a very expensive brand new 41 ft 5th wheel with a floor plan that we could never get with a Class A. Combined with the F350 tow vehicle, we've got about the same investment. We get many compliments each time we set up regarding our 5th wheel. I guess we'll never get to 'rub shoulders' with all of the important people (lol) that run Class A motorhomes. Our loss.[emoji23]
Only problem is driving the monster truck everywhere when TV is parked. Reason we switched to class A. Much more economical touring vehicle.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:31 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
I bought my class A so i could poop at 70 mph, then microwave a pizza.. I also bought before I knew of these fancy resorts.. Am I a snob or what i really have no idea how to figure out which group I fall into!!!

I don’t think anyone has to be in any group. We are all RVrs, living the RV life we choose, the rest is noise
Old 05-07-2019, 07:33 PM   #68

Oh, and access to the bathroom on the road [emoji1360]
Old 05-08-2019, 07:34 AM   #69

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I have “almost” bought a lot at every stinking CL A resort I’ve stayed at. I absolutely love them, but I’ve managed to talk myself out of it so far.

Vinnie, I love the place you are at in the winter. The next time I’m there, the Franzia is on me.
Great we have a retired Master Gunny that lives there as well as some other retired military.

Come on by.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:35 PM   #70

Tiffin Owners Club
Hilton Head, SC has two RV parks. We stayed at the class A only park, and purchased a lot at the other park that accepts all RV's. In this case the Hilton Head Harbor RV Resort and Marina has a higher rating than the other park. In the two and one half years we have owned the lot, we have been pleased. Stan

2021 Tiffin Allegro Bus 35cp, 2014 Cadillac SRX toad
36PFT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a