Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2015, 12:44 PM   #15

Whatever coach you have and no matter how much stuff you load it with, the steer tires should always have more psi than the rears. Half as many tires = more load/tire.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2015, 12:05 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurk View Post
I installed my Hawkshead TMPS and am very happen with it. My cold ambient air pressure front is 100 psi and 95 rear. After driving 20 minutes starting ambient temp is 68and tire temp increases to 85 and the tire psi front to 115 and reared to 110. All tires increase consistent amount. So 17 degrees increase shud be approx 8 psi increase but mine is double that? My buddy purchased the same TMPS and is tire pressure increase are consistent with mine. I'm not concerned as my increases are consistent for each tire. But are you saying that I have excessive moisture in my tires?

Not 100% sure about the moisture but that is all I come up with right now. Am in contact with other technical sources and will post info next week.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Whatever coach you have and no matter how much stuff you load it with, the steer tires should always have more psi than the rears. Half as many tires = more load/tire.
I disagree with this blanket statement. I had my coach weighed and the front axle load is less than half of the rear axle load, therefore the front tires have less load than each of the rear tires,
Old 06-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #18

mine is the same coach with op. according to the coach tech spec, my tires (12r22.5) call for 120psi front, and 110psi rear. i understood that should be cold baseline. i set my tpms with that numbers, and happy.

the primary cause of tire failure is under inflation.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:04 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post

Sorry but whoever told you that is simply wrong.
Proper inflation is simply not based on the number of tires you have on an axle end.

It is also fact that two tires are not rated to carry twice the load of a single tire. Therefore the reason for Single vs Dual load capacity. I suggest you read the sidewall of your tires.

Proper inflation is based on science and not old wives tales.

Get your RV on a scale and let us know the load on each position and there are a few of us here than can provide a fact based reply on the minimum inflation you should run.

Tags
class a, tire pressure