Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #127
Community Moderator
 
Scarab0088's Avatar


 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 14,058
Damon's Outlaw

Damon became part of Thor Motor Coach (TMC) sometime in and after 2010. Before that, Damon maintained a nice You Tube profile page:
Damon Motor Coach RV/Motorhome - YouTube

Video #1 Damon overview and focus on the Outlaw:
Review of Damon Motor Coach's Outlaw Motorhome with Garage: Quality & Build #1 (Toy Hauler / RV) - YouTube
This one gives lots of specifics on the build process

Video #2 Exterior and Garage:
Review of Damon Motor Coach's Outlaw Motorhome: Exterior & Garage #2 (Toy Hauler / RV) - YouTube

Video #3 Interior and Decor:
Review of Damon Motor Coach's Outlaw Motorhome: Interior & Decor #3 (Toy Hauler / RV) - YouTube

These focus on the 3611 and mention the 3808.

Enjoy
__________________

__________________
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #128
Community Moderator
 
Scarab0088's Avatar


 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 14,058
The new Thor floor plans are rolling out slowly, but here is a short Video of the 37MD from a dealer in Marion, NC

Outlaw Toyhauler at TJC - YouTube

It's the best I can find, so far.
__________________

__________________
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #129
Senior Member
 
DegoRed's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 716
Not to hyjack this thread, but I was looking for some help.

Have a buddy that I told would help him find a Class A Toy Hauler. Read through entire thread, and it is very helpful. My buddy just sold his TT/Toy Hauler and wants to get a new one, preferably a MH.

Looks like SNAPPY may have already answered my question, on page 6, but will ask anyhow. It appears that there is very little sleeping space in these, especially the Outlaws? That loft area looks like it would work for kids, but thats about it.

Here is the problem, my buddy is 6'-5" and his wife is 6', and they have 3 kids. The love to go moto-crossing. No way the adults are fitting up in that loft on the Outlaw, and it does not appear to be much space for the kids to sleep in the Canyon Star. Those little jack knife beds are fine for little kids, but 5'-10" teenager is not fitting on one of those.

SNAPPY on page 6 said he ended up going with a traditional class A and towing a trailer, which is what I do as well. However, my buddy is really not wanting to get into towing a trailer.

What is the MH toy hualer that has a real master bed, beds for 3 to 4 kids/teenagers, and will hold 4 or 5 dirt bikes.

Please adivse.
__________________
2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #130
Community Moderator
 
Scarab0088's Avatar


 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 14,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
Not to hyjack this thread, but I was looking for some help.

Have a buddy that I told would help him find a Class A Toy Hauler. Read through entire thread, and it is very helpful. My buddy just sold his TT/Toy Hauler and wants to get a new one, preferably a MH.

Looks like SNAPPY may have already answered my question, on page 6, but will ask anyhow. It appears that there is very little sleeping space in these, especially the Outlaws? That loft area looks like it would work for kids, but thats about it.

Here is the problem, my buddy is 6'-5" and his wife is 6', and they have 3 kids. The love to go moto-crossing. No way the adults are fitting up in that loft on the Outlaw, and it does not appear to be much space for the kids to sleep in the Canyon Star. Those little jack knife beds are fine for little kids, but 5'-10" teenager is not fitting on one of those.

SNAPPY on page 6 said he ended up going with a traditional class A and towing a trailer, which is what I do as well. However, my buddy is really not wanting to get into towing a trailer.

What is the MH toy hualer that has a real master bed, beds for 3 to 4 kids/teenagers, and will hold 4 or 5 dirt bikes.

Please adivse.
Certainly not a Hijack...This Q is exactly what this thread is all about.

But, I am confused about all the negatives...you all really need to go look at these RV's in-person to see the dimensions

The garage bunks in all of these rigs will sleep adults - let alone a big teen. The bunks (there's 2) in the Canyon Star are full width of the rig (about 8') and as deep as a queen sized bed is wide. The bunk in the Outlaw's are also as wide as the garage (8') and as deep as a California King.
The loft bed in the Outlaw series is like an oversized version of the loft over the cab of the BIG Class "C's" - as wide as the RV (8') and as deep as a king sized bed. Adults can easily sleep in that space. The complaints come from those that think they want to sit-up in bed. Kids can easily sit-up in the loft, and adults can lean on a stack of pillows to watch the included loft TV...but really - how much time do you sit in bed while camping?

The new Outlaw 37LS and 37MD has lost the garage bunk, but added a large bunk that drops down over the driver/passenger seats - as wide as the RV and as deep as a queen. There's also the dinette and sleeper sofa for more sleeping.

These Toyhauler's have lots more usable room than most RV's - like - bunk house models use tons of floorspace for those bunks. You should go take a look!
__________________
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:50 AM   #131
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Hey guys - new to the forum but had a couple questions on the class A toy haulers being discussed here. First, I could not find any pics of the new bunk bed over the driver/passenger seats for the 2014 Outlaws (LS/MD). Is there any?

I saw the Newmar 3920 had as a feature, 'BriteTek roofing with walkable decking. One of the things I thought would be cool if we were at any spectator events, to park ourselves on the roof to see above the crowd. Is that something that these toy haulers support or is the walkable reference for maintenance purposes only.

I missed the early season shows in my area (No NJ) and I only know of one dealer in my area and he doesn't have the toy haulers listed in this thread. So I am guessing a 2 hour trip is in my future, or wait till Sept for the fall shows.

Appreciate any info - I certainly picked up a fair amount of info just reading this thread - thanks.
__________________
edtompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #132
Community Moderator
 
Scarab0088's Avatar


 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 14,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtompkins View Post
Hey guys - new to the forum but had a couple questions on the class A toy haulers being discussed here. First, I could not find any pics of the new bunk bed over the driver/passenger seats for the 2014 Outlaws (LS/MD). Is there any?

I saw the Newmar 3920 had as a feature, 'BriteTek roofing with walkable decking. One of the things I thought would be cool if we were at any spectator events, to park ourselves on the roof to see above the crowd. Is that something that these toy haulers support or is the walkable reference for maintenance purposes only.

I missed the early season shows in my area (No NJ) and I only know of one dealer in my area and he doesn't have the toy haulers listed in this thread. So I am guessing a 2 hour trip is in my future, or wait till Sept for the fall shows.

Appreciate any info - I certainly picked up a fair amount of info just reading this thread - thanks.
Welcome to the forum

To see pictures of the front overseat bunk, you will need to go to thee website of a dealer that has pictures...like MHSRV does good photo sets on their listings. Thor has only a few pictures on Outlawrv.com. I'll also look for a good picture of it and post it later.

I have no experience with BriteTek except what Dicor says on their website - mixing EPDM and TPO roofing propertys for a new material...see: https://dicorproducts.com/catalog/ro...roof-membrane/

About waking on the roof of the Canyon Star or Outlaw, they both have engineered walk-on roofs for a few people...but it is not set-up for a party The roof is covered with a material that is similar to a very thick and strong vinyl. You can sit up there, but the roof can be punctured or torn with aa sharp object and chairlegs could be a problem too. It is safer to hoist a piece of board up on the roof to protect it if using it as a deck.
The Newmar has a flat roof and only about the rear 1/3 of the Outlaw is flat. Neither have hatches big enough to access the roof...requires a ladder.

Different rigs have fiberglass roofs...other options to consider.

Best of luck with your search
__________________
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #133
Senior Member
 
BpK9Miami's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hollywood Beach, FL & New Braunfels, TX
Posts: 863
Steve, just adding a comment to this for the original question.

Damon/ Thor, do have an optional platform that can be added to the outlaw, I saw one at the plant last year while having my roof worked on. It pretty small (so's the roof area) and only practical for maybe 4 people tops, with no side rail protection. Access is via a removable ladder hung on the back which has to be stored in 2 sections. I just thought it was too much hassle.

I also have, somewhere, a picture of the over-the-seat lowering bed. If I find them, I'll post them here. I simply forgot about that after the TAmpa show. My bad.

D
__________________
Dan (Mack) (Former Outlaw owner, looking for a new ride!), w/2012 F150 FX4 and a 2012 Street Glide.
http://hulahutrvmods.blogspot.com
BpK9Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #134
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Steve & Dan - thanks for your feedbacks. I'm sure I'm going to have to see these in person. Besides the Thor Outlaw and Newmar Canyon Star 3920, are there any other 'new' Class A toy haulers? Seems like not many Class A toy haulers in the market today (unless I'm missing something).

Thanks Guys.
__________________
edtompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #135
Community Moderator
 
Scarab0088's Avatar


 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 14,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtompkins View Post
Steve & Dan - thanks for your feedbacks. I'm sure I'm going to have to see these in person. Besides the Thor Outlaw and Newmar Canyon Star 3920, are there any other 'new' Class A toy haulers? Seems like not many Class A toy haulers in the market today (unless I'm missing something).

Thanks Guys.
There are no others that I know of here in North America. But please notice there are 2 Outlaw floorplans for 2013 (plus the legacy 3611 and 3808) and a second floorplan "new for 2014" coming for the Canyon Star line.

If anyone finds any others - please post info about it here
__________________
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #136
Senior Member
 
BpK9Miami's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hollywood Beach, FL & New Braunfels, TX
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
There are no others that I know of here in North America. But please notice there are 2 Outlaw floorplans for 2013 (plus the legacy 3611 and 3808) and a second floorplan "new for 2014" coming for the Canyon Star line.

If anyone finds any others - please post info about it here
And, although I keep lobbying Thor for them, alas, I think 2009 saw the last of the 3612 models. I'd buy a new version in a minute if I could keep that Murphy bed.

__________________
Dan (Mack) (Former Outlaw owner, looking for a new ride!), w/2012 F150 FX4 and a 2012 Street Glide.
http://hulahutrvmods.blogspot.com
BpK9Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:43 AM   #137
Senior Member
 
DGShaffer's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtompkins View Post
Hey guys - new to the forum but had a couple questions on the class A toy haulers being discussed here. First, I could not find any pics of the new bunk bed over the driver/passenger seats for the 2014 Outlaws (LS/MD). Is there any?
Dan sent this to me for you to look at. In this photo it's in the down position. It's on an electric lift so when you're driving, it's held up to the ceiling. That's the upper part of the windshield you're looking through in the photo. It seems you loose the over head storage compartments with this option though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	239
Size:	596.1 KB
ID:	39727  
__________________
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #138
Community Moderator
 
Scarab0088's Avatar


 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 14,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
Dan sent this to me for you to look at. In this photo it's in the down position. It's on an electric lift so when you're driving, it's held up to the ceiling. That's the upper part of the windshield you're looking through in the photo. It seems you loose the over head storage compartments with this option though.
Thanks for the picture Don,

The front overhead storage isn't gone - it's just smaller and moves up and down with the floor of the new front bunk...you can see the two black "ladder hoops" in both pictures used to hold the entry ladder for the bunk...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 37LS Int Frnt.jpg
Views:	1679
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	39757

From one for sale here: New 2013 THOR MOTOR COACH Outlaw 37LS Class A - Gas For Sale - Sirpilla RV Akron

I would love to see a picture shot from under the lowered bunk...it must almost touch the top for the front seats!
__________________
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #139
Senior Member
 
BpK9Miami's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hollywood Beach, FL & New Braunfels, TX
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Thanks for the picture Don,

The front overhead storage isn't gone - it's just smaller and moves up and down with the floor of the new front bunk...you can see the two black "ladder hoops" in both pictures used to hold the entry ladder for the bunk...

Attachment 39757

From one for sale here: New 2013 THOR MOTOR COACH Outlaw 37LS Class A - Gas For Sale - Sirpilla RV Akron

I would love to see a picture shot from under the lowered bunk...it must almost touch the top for the front seats!
The one I saw, and where the picture came from...

1) Move both seats to the rearmost position with the arms UP
2) Push the button to Lower the bunk

That was pretty much the entire operation.

I'd estimate the top 1/3 of the seat backs were higher than the lowered bunk.

Seemed to be pretty easy to enter and exit, and the size was about that of a full size bed. But I sure wouldn't want to do anything but sleep up there. If you were going to entertain, or spice up your love life, you might want to stick to the loft.

__________________
Dan (Mack) (Former Outlaw owner, looking for a new ride!), w/2012 F150 FX4 and a 2012 Street Glide.
http://hulahutrvmods.blogspot.com
BpK9Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:15 AM   #140
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Don / Dan - thanks for the front overhead bed pic. To me, this doesn't seem to be an improvement from the 2012 models with the extra bedding in the rear of the RV. Sure I'll have to see it in person to appreciate it.
__________________

__________________
edtompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
class a, hurricane, rexhall



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.