Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #323

Garage works!

Loaded the bikes today just to see how they'd fit, I was a little worried about space, going from our 14' trailer to the 10' garage but I'm happy with the space available. There's an easy path to the bedroom door and room around the bikes so tying down will be simple.

First bunk lowered, will probably be gear storage.

There's AC plugins on both sides of the garage, 3 total so easy to have a Battery Tender plugged into each bike. Happy with how the bikes fit and the tie down system is quick and easy.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #324

Canyon Star interior

Took some pictures of the interior

Old 06-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #325
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Bross!! Beautiful pics.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
http://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #326

WOW! Great looking rig Bross!

For outlaw folks I have another "quick question". In looking at the floor plans, specifically a 2007 on a workhorse chassis, the couch and dinette are on the same side. Are the tanks and other heavier weighted items on the passenger side? How does the coach not lean/list while driving down the road when there are guests riding with you?
Old 06-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapi View Post

For outlaw folks I have another "quick question". In looking at the floor plans, specifically a 2007 on a workhorse chassis, the couch and dinette are on the same side. Are the tanks and other heavier weighted items on the passenger side? How does the coach not lean/list while driving down the road when there are guests riding with you?
Have you looked at many coach layouts? The most common layout no matter who the manufacturer is dinette & couch on driver side, kitchen and possibly other seating (love seat , chair) on the passenger side.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #328
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

For Outlaw folks I have another "quick question". In looking at the floor plans, specifically a 2007 on a Workhorse chassis, the couch and dinette are on the same side. Are the tanks and other heavier weighted items on the passenger side? How does the coach not lean/list while driving down the road when there are guests riding with you?
The Outlaw 3611 (2007-2012) has tanks that are sitting almost on centerline. The generator is on the drivers side, the propane is on the passenger side.

We have hosted 8 plus the Mrs. and me...and where the passengers sit has never caused our W24 equipped Outlaw to lean. Even with slide out and jacks up, it doesn't lean.

Weighing-in at just over 18,000lb empty, a few people sitting at the dinette and couch have had little impact on the ride aspect.

The coach actually rides better with a heavy load which, I believe is a function of the leaf spring suspension vs. an airbag system. It is simple and works like it should.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 06-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #329

Damon Owners Club
Quote:

With my 09 I've only noticed the fresh water tank not being on the center line of the rig. It takes up the top portion of the compartment directly behind the generator on the passenger side. Regardless, I never noticed any undue or unexpected lean either during travel or parking and set up. Of course I seldom keep it full anyway, maybe 2/3 during travel, or 7/8 parked, but I've never noticed it either way.

Another thing t consider, is those tanks are placed not get for simple space, but for proper weight distribution throughout the frame. I think, and out expert commentators cane correct me here,that some of that is DOT driven safety issues that the manufactor has to consider.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #330
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Dan,

Are you sure about the tanks? Here's a pic of the the service bin (credit to JeffAZ) that shows the drivers side edge of the tank (just under the waste tanks).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0963_zps81b0098d.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	66112

Maybe the fresh tank it is a bit more over on the passenger side, but it is a full width tank set...with the waste tanks and fresh tank fit together "Tetris" style.

On the gassers, the generator is on the drivers side...is the FRED that dfferent(?)

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 06-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #331

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Hey Dan,

Are you sure about the tanks? Here's a pic of the the service bin (credit to JeffAZ) that shows the drivers side edge of the tank (just under the waste tanks).

Attachment 66112

Maybe the fresh tank it is a bit more over on the passenger side, but it is a full width tank set...with the waste tanks and fresh tank fit together "Tetris" style.

On the gassers, the generator is on the drivers side...is the FRED that dfferent(?)

Safe travels
Dude, you know the FRED's are different in so many ways. From the doorway back, the first cabinet is the second pass trough, the second cabinet is the GenSet, and the third (immediately in from of the wheel) is where the tank is located.

But, You're right buddy, I should have been more clear. The tank does stretch from side to side, but on mine it appears the the passenger side is deeper by about four inches that the corresponding drivers side. I first noticed it when draining one time and realized that while the drivers side showed little to no residual water left during the draining process, the passenger side still held a considerable amount., like almost 1/2 full on the tick mark. I suspect they used something other than a completely rectangle (or square) tank, but something that more closely resembles a tank skinnier and less deep on one side than the other. A Tetris block is a good visual.

I'd offer to take pictures, but I'd have to drag my happy butt all the way to Alvarado to do so. Will you take my word for it for present?

Oh, and that household current box y'all have tucked under the first cabinet on the drivers side behind the wheel? On mine it's located, in of all places, on the upper wall (ceiling) in the electric box area. One of the most awkward places to reach! Arg.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #332

Thanks all...

We are close to jumping in the pool. Have 2 to look at this weekend. A 2009 Georgetown GTX and a 2007 Outlaw on a workhorse chassis...if all works out well we will be "in the club" sometime next week!
Old 06-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #333

Next week turned into tonight! Went with the Outlaw! It's a 2007 with work horse chassis and 14k miles. New tires and really clean. We will get it next week from the seller and then I will plan on spending 4th of July gutting, painting and putting in new flooring. That will be the cheap part. The DW wants the chairs, couch, and dinette reupholstered! That I won't do and will cost a pretty penny I am sure. My need/want list...new TV's with one added over the door, in-motion sat, and a system for turning the ramp into a deck. Any thoughts or opinions on any or all of the above will as always be greatly appreciated. Pics will come soon and plentiful through the "remodel".
Old 06-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #334

Congrats Shapi!

Please share progress pictures of the renovations you make to your Outlaw.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #335
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
CONGRATS Shapi!!

For answers to the ideas about both TV's and Party Patio, see: OUTLAW Mods and Easy Fixes
Plus there's lots of other stuff too. Feel free to ask questions there.

In motion SAT is expensive and doesn't work perfectly for many folks (dead under overpasses and in tree lined roads). But, if you want it, it is easy to install.

Best luck!
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 06-27-2014, 06:09 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
CONGRATS Shapi!!

For answers to the ideas about both TV's and Party Patio, see: OUTLAW Mods and Easy Fixes
Plus there's lots of other stuff too. Feel free to ask questions there.
Thanks! And yep, I got about half way through that thread the other day (had 12 hours to kill in the Boise airport)! I am sure ya'll will get more than a few questions

Tags
class a, hurricane, rexhall