Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2015, 09:46 AM   #561
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Merkur,

And best luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
http://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2015, 12:10 PM   #562

Temp Link for LX pics

Here's the temporary link for the "LX" project pics.

http://1drv.ms/1QbOnOD

All the rendered pics are there. Thank for the reminder Scarab0088.

BTW, anyone going to the RV show in Pomona? I think we'll be able to make this one. THE BEST RV SHOW - 63rd Annual California RV Show - RVIA 63rd Annual California RV Show

Old 10-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #563
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
TMC has announced that there is a new Outlaw floor plan...the 38RF.

This is not a new Toy Hauler, but just like the Outlaw 38RE, is a residence version of the Outlaw's wedge shaped shell with the same top-of-the line Ford F53 26,000lb GVWR chassis.

See: 2016 Outlaw Class A Toy Haulers: Class A Motorhomes w/ Garage by Thor Motor Coach
At 39'11" in overall length, these are the biggest Outlaws ever made.

For anyone that might think "I really love the front 2/3 of these floor plans...maybe I could strip the aft and have a one of a kind Toy Hauler(?)"...Please note:

The rear "Fiesta Deck" on the RE and RF is 12" shorter than the Toy Hauler versions of the Outlaw (would leave it lacking as a ramp). This difference is because there is no aft ramped section in the RV's floor and the top rear has a larger overhang too.
Also, there is two bedroom slides, the rear half bath, and rear wet bar with all of the plumbing and power connections.

What these residence style RV's share with their Toy Hauler siblings is the recreational lifestyle...that rear deck w/ awning, wet bar, external wet bar, and half bath accessable from the deck is an industry exclusive.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #564

Wonder if that's the Outlaw that MT will bring to the show next weekend. I was looking forward to looking around in an RB. (Have some ideas on that one)

On your remodel idea, how deep into that other 1/3'd would be garage? The slides could be easily taken care of. You might miss your loft tho. I think I would. Interesting project idea.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:41 PM   #565
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druid Priest View Post
Wonder if that's the Outlaw that MT will bring to the show next weekend. I was looking forward to looking around in an RB. (Have some ideas on that one)

On your remodel idea, how deep into that other 1/3'd would be garage? The slides could be easily taken care of. You might miss your loft tho. I think I would. Interesting project idea.
D.P.,
Mike Thompson's inventory includes only a 37RB...so I expect to see that unit at thd Pomona show...
http://www.mikethompson.com/default....tory&sq=outlaw

And, last year TMC brought the first-ever 38RE to the show (personally saw it and talked to the factory rep about it). It had a 2way (LP/110VAC) Fridge...which was soon not available with the rollout of the big residential Whirlpool Fridge now seen in all Outlaws (and most TMC Class A's).

About mod'ing a Residential style Outlaw to be a toy hauler...I would guess that the owner would gut everything aft from the bedroom frontwall. I would guess that would provide about 12' or more for the garage...only guessing.

Hope you enjoy the show
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-10-2015, 10:33 PM   #566

Outlaws at the Pomona RV Show

Just a quick note:

They had the 37RB and the 37LS for the class A's and 1 class C.. didn't get the number. The 37RB was sold. I think the owners were there. Not all that happy for us to stomp around in their coach. We did anyway. We didn't drive 4 hours thru near stand-still traffic and endure 104 degrees in the shade, to miss the chance to see one. There was no time when there weren't at least 6 people inside both the RB and the LS. At the moment we were there, they were VERY popular. We still walked thru 23 coaches in 3 hours. We left just before we passed out from heat stroke. The AC units in the coaches had no chance when the doors were left open in that heat.

I only regret that I couldn't get the pics I wanted. Too many people in the way.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:13 AM   #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druid Priest View Post
Just a quick note:

There was no time when there weren't at least 6 people inside both the RB and the LS. At the moment we were there, they were VERY popular.
I imagine the Outlaws are very popular RVs right now. Probably not the MOST popular. But still...
Even though I'm still away from the US and following everything from a distance, I still can't figure out why more companies don't make their versions of toy haulers.
I understand the majority of RV buyers are older and retired, and are not interested in having motorcycles, quads, jet skis or a small car on the trip, that would sacrifice the living area of the RV.
But there's still a slice of the market that might be looking.
I can't imagine any different version that would be better than the Outlaw RB, for what I will need on my trip through the US. Maybe a diesel engine would be welcome. But that's about it...
Old 11-16-2015, 06:50 PM   #568
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The news is confirmed...the late 2016 Ford F53 Chassis (being delivered to the factories now) for use on the new Newmar Canyon Star 3921/22 and all Outlaw Class A's has a 6 Speed Torqshift transmission...see:
2016 Ford Stripped Chassis F-53 Motorhome | See All The Stripped Chassis F-53 Motorhome Highlights | Ford.com

Other details are spotty, but the engine is down 42HP (was max 362HP at 4,700RPM, now max 320HP at 4,000RPM).

If anyone gets this set-up...please share.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 11-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #569

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the new setup and love it compared to my 2006 F450. The shifting issues are gone and it has plenty of power. Speed limit in Texas is 75 and I was passing slow trucks/cars with ease. It looked like my gas mileage was around 7ish mpg; not bad for my lead foot. I have to send the strategy to 5 Star so they can tell me if they make a tune, but to be honest, it drove so well I'm thinking about keeping it stock
2016 Outlaw Josey Wales 38RE #2630
crey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:49 PM   #570

information overload...great read

Thankfully I found this thread.. i read up to page 15 and couldn't stand it had to come read the last 3 pages to read about changes to the newer models. We have just started looking to RV full time for at least 6 months. 3 large dogs, 1 HD and 1 car (Flex) it's been an adventure figuring out the "right one". I saw a Outlaw and really like it, especially the option of making the ramp a raised deck. That will make a great area to have a relaxing area for the pups to sit outside with me and not have to worry about xpens, fleas and small dogs that may get loose and want to check out my crew.

The downsize - fridge size. I would love to get a residential fridge. I saw Druid's renderings with the stairs and washer/dryer (LOVE IT).

Would love to hear the cons of living in the class A toy hauler with car only in enclosed trailer -vs- non toy hauler and having the bike/car in an enclosed trailer. FYI - we would use enclosed trailer even once we stop RVing.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #571

Toy haulers

Old 11-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #572

The newest model Outlaws have a residential fridge.

I have the feeling that people who travel with an enclosed trailer are going to say they are very happy. I have an Outlaw, fill the garage with toys and tow an FJ Cruiser. I'm very happy with this set-up.
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #573
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
AngusT

Like Tim wrote, the late 2015 and 2016 Outlaws all have the Whirlpool residential fridge, 1800Watt Inverter and 4 house batteries to make it all work without running the genie too much.

We have the 2 way RV fridge and think it is better for boondocking...so we like what we have.
But the 2 way is 8.8cuft vs. the Whirlpool's 11cuft in the same space.

I believe there are several apartment size fridges that will replace the 2 way Dometic fridge with little or no cabinetry work. So, with the replacement cost for the apartment/residential style being around $500 and the Dometic going for about $1,400, owners will probably follow the factory with this trend come repair time.

As far as car/bike/toy set-up. I agree again with Tim. Owners of enclosed trailers will profess that is better. But, we fill the garage with toys, our dogs (Saint Bernards) and their stuff and tow a mid-sized SUV. Works like a dream. Newmar believes in this idea SO much that they have designed the Canyon Star 3922 with a rearend "shed".
The enclosed trailer idea might require a Diesel RV, because the towing capacity of the biggest gas RV is 8,000lb (and most usually 5,000lb) so a big enclosed trailer or stacker will easily put the gas RV's over GCWR.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 12-01-2015, 06:51 AM   #574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
AngusT

But, we fill the garage with toys, our dogs (Saint Bernards) and their stuff and tow a mid-sized SUV. Works like a dream.
We have English Mastiffs... other than them, 90lbs of dog food, bowls.. what other stuff are you bringing with you when you camp with the dogs. I will have a first aid kit that will cover human and dog emergencies.

Tags
class a, hurricane, rexhall