Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #575

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusT View Post
We have English Mastiffs... other than them, 90lbs of dog food, bowls.. what other stuff are you bringing with you when you camp with the dogs. I will have a first aid kit that will cover human and dog emergencies.
We have two Ridgebacks. The deck is great - we have a screen with a dog door that keeps out most bugs (all bugs when we close the dog door...) and the dogs can wander in and out as they please. We also bring dog beds and a few chew toys (aka ankle breakers!). We have a tie-out for when they want to sit in front of the rig. We leave the crates at home, but I know many people take them. We just figure our rig is like one big crate to them.

We have a first aid kit for humans, but could use it for the pups if required. It's never been an issue. We keep Benedril handy based on our experiences with a past Ridgeback, but these guys seem impervious to all stings and bites.
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2015, 09:53 AM   #576
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
We have English Mastiffs... other than them, 90lbs of dog food, bowls.. what other stuff are you bringing with you when you camp with the dogs. I will have a first aid kit that will cover human and dog emergencies.
The Saints personal "stuff" is Dog beds, travel containers of dog food, assorted collars and leashes.
Their food bowls are sturdy ones with a non-skid bottoms. Their water is just a big/wide plastic bowl that sits on the shower floor (easy to fill and wash out) and spillage goes down the drain instead of on the floor.

We also travel with an X-Pen that can be laid-out to form a fence if needed (it keeps others out that will walk through campsites, more than to keep our dogs in) and a campground lead (30' rope with clip end) for a dog to be outside on a longer lead than their leash.

We used to bring kennels, but the garage works very well as a day kennel if needed and the dogs have free access to the RV interior at night, with us.

We noticed that when traveling very light, the garage can be like a bounce house and is not real comfortable to ride in on a bad roadway, so the dogs travel up front.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DogBed.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	113127

We use a baby gate to keep them behind the front seats for safety...or it looks like this:

Name:	3DogDay.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	113128
This photo was taken while driving slow inside a campground.

We have a pre-deck unit and mod'd ours for that...without the OEM fence, we needed something for the dogs and found this baby play pen works well and is lightweight/easy to handle.

Name:	IMG_0405.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	113129

When it is not clear out or if there is a bug problem, we use an Extend A Room to cover the whole deck. It folds up for travel:

Name:	Ramp-deck.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	113130

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #577

Quote:

We travel with three Newfs. They do ride in strapped down crates in the garage. In addition to the stuff already mentioned I bring brushes, combs, shampoo, first aid ointments, betadine, lots of towels and paper towels (lots of drool!). I also keep print outs of up to date shot records and rabies tags. And since we walk in all kinds of weather always have rubber bottom boots and rain suit, hat, gloves, coat, long under wear. On a couple trips we went from 80 and humid ac weather to turning on the furnace in the middle of the night!
Bobcat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #578
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's a new one...from Italy.

Like the Concorde Charisma from the UK, these European RV's are smaller than the "normal" size 8.5' wide RV's in the U.S., but we can see there is already a shift to that smaller size in the U.S. for economy reasons like the Winnie Via and Thor Axis/Vegas and all Class C's on the new Eurovan cab/chassis from Benz Sprinter/Ford Transit/Dodge Promaster (Fiat Ducato).
http://winnebagoind.com/products/cla...5/via/overview
https://thormotorcoach.com/axis/
https://thormotorcoach.com/vegas/

Sorry...the narration is in Italian, but they show everything on video, except the powerplant which (I think) is a 6L Diesel FRED.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 12-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #579

Newfies.. the hairy english mastiff. I only stick with drool rags, the bibs are only cute for pics. I assume you have mostly hard floors and not carpet.
AngusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:12 PM   #580

Nice Morelo Palace Liner moho. It looks like the basement storage capacity is pretty small. But I like the electric sliding window on the driver side. The garage looks like it was purpose-built specifically for the Smart car.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:22 PM   #581
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I found an article about an ol' 70's GMC Motorhome that was mod'd to be a Toy Hauler...Like
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/clas...ml#post1301521

Still not the factory Toy hauler version, but looks versatile.
Credit to:
New Page 1

Name:	GMC TH.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	114449

Name:	GM Rmh 017.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	114450

Name:	GM Rmh 015.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	114451

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-23-2016, 02:10 PM   #582
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Haven't seen any Class A Toy Hauler news in a while that was worth sharing....so here's a couple YouTube vids I thought were interesting...
An Equine RV from Europe and a very interesting "Side hauler" idea in a 5er (last minute of epic moto loading fails is not to be missed)

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-24-2016, 06:57 AM   #583

Can't believe Thor discontinued their class c diesel toyhauler. .. no interest in the smaller gas version.
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:31 AM   #584
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
Can't believe Thor discontinued their class c diesel toyhauler. .. no interest in the smaller gas version.
I know, right!?
Sales will always be the bottomline in RV mfgt...the 35SG must not have been selling very well.
But it was the only floorplan canceled in their rather new line of Super C's...there's 5 other floorplans in 2 model lines:
https://thormotorcoach.com/chateau-super-c/
https://thormotorcoach.com/fourwinds-super-c/
With everything from a bunkhouse model to one with a bath and a half!

And, IMHO it is easy to understand why it wasn't selling...for 2 big reasons:
-Cost was equal or above the basic Class A Outlaw.
-The garage was superfluous since the Diesel F550 powered RV can tow a massive toy trailer (15,500lb between GVWR and GCWR alone)!

Safe travels.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
I know, right!?
Sales will always be the bottomline in RV mfgt...the 35SG must not have been selling very well.
But it was the only floorplan canceled in their rather new line of Super C's...there's 5 other floorplans in 2 model lines:
https://thormotorcoach.com/chateau-super-c/
https://thormotorcoach.com/fourwinds-super-c/
With everything from a bunkhouse model to one with a bath and a half!

And, IMHO it is easy to understand why it wasn't selling...for 2 big reasons:
-Cost was equal or above the basic Class A Outlaw.
-The garage was superfluous since the Diesel F550 powered RV can tow a massive toy trailer (15,500lb between GVWR and GCWR alone)!

Safe travels.
I was excited about that 35SG, until I saw the bed options. No full time bed is a deal killer for us so we'll just stick with our F53 gas chassis. We love having our bikes in the garage and being able to tow our Edge so even with the tow capacity of the F550 that's a non starter as well. You'd need a 28-30' car hauler to haul a car and our bikes, then you need to find a place to drop that big trailer in a lot of rv parks. Just wish Ford would drop the diesel into the F53 and someone would bring back the Freds.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:25 PM   #586
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
I was excited about that 35SG, until I saw the bed options...Just wish Ford would drop the diesel into the F53 and someone would bring back the Freds.
I know - Right?!

Ford's 6.7L Diesel (860 lb.-ft. of torque and 440 horsepower) with the 6 speed would be a perfect optional/upgrade chassis and could cement Ford's monopoly on the front engine Class A chassis biz. I have no idea why it is not being offered

About the sleeping lay-out in the Outlaw 35SG...the over-cab loft is MUCH taller than the loft in the Outlaw 37LS and could easily allow adults to sit-up in bed.

Of course, the 37RB has a real bedroom, loft, AND garage...so probably the best for a big family.

We use the loft in our 3611. It doesn't waste valuable floorspace and is always clean, quiet and made-up as a bed. These are advantages not found in the bedroom of the Canyon Star 3920/21 or the Outlaw 37RB.

BUT lucky for everyone - there are choices

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-29-2016, 02:01 PM   #587

Found one near Toronto. Not gonna happen. You think driving away the lot and losing 30% is bad....try adding the US dollar conversation and you additionally lose another 30 cents on the dollar. No new RV s for we Canadians for a while. PS: they also won't credit the trade in on US dollars...giving me a horrible trade in on my 2014 FR3 ...what a racket.
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:49 AM   #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
Found one near Toronto. Not gonna happen. You think driving away the lot and losing 30% is bad....try adding the US dollar conversation and you additionally lose another 30 cents on the dollar. No new RV s for we Canadians for a while. PS: they also won't credit the trade in on US dollars...giving me a horrible trade in on my 2014 FR3 ...what a racket.
Sorry I don't understand. What racket? Depreciation on a new vehicle is what it is. Don't like it, buy used. Why on earth would a Canadian dealer give you US dollars on a trade??

We looked at Canyon Stars down in Oregon when we were there and were ready to buy one there simply because they don't make that many and they're hard to find. Did one last search in Canada and found the one we bought in AB, for not much more than we would have paid in Oregon and way less than paying to drive that one home. No regrets buying new as we have no intention of selling it for years. Buying and selling within the first year is where you're going to feel that depreciation the most.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote