Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #99

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm a lesser man than you. If they had the new Outlaws, I'm sure I'd own one instead of a Challenger.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #100
CBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
There's been very few posts here from 3920 owners, so I wanted to add a few highlights to fill-out this thread. The Newmar Canyon Star 3920 is currently the only mass produced Class A Toyhauler in the US with a dedicated bedroom space.
I'm a 3920 owner, and I am very happy with it. The door does open into the garage, but the welded step frame makes a handy place to anchor my winch. I considered the Outlaw, but the loft earned a quick "no" from my wife. The 37MD does look like an improved design, but the dedicated bedroom, 2 queen beds in the garage, a queen sleeper sofa, and the dinette bed in the 3920 work out great for me - we have a lot of guests that drop by when we travel.
CBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBQ View Post

I'm a 3920 owner, and I am very happy with it. The door does open into the garage, but the welded step frame makes a handy place to anchor my winch. I considered the Outlaw, but the loft earned a quick "no" from my wife. The 37MD does look like an improved design, but the dedicated bedroom, 2 queen beds in the garage, a queen sleeper sofa, and the dinette bed in the 3920 work out great for me - we have a lot of guests that drop by when we travel.

I too have been pleased with my 3920, while only having it for several months and just a few trips it has met my expectations. This is our first RV so my comments are based only on my time with this RV and we only have about 4500 miles on it so far.

We wanted a RV that would allow us to carry the Harley without pulling a trailer or mounting it on the back of the RV. I also like having the garage for other hobbies, it allows me to have a place spread out without messing up the living area.

Chris

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4051023509.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	631.5 KB
ID:	34916

Name:	image-3731246081.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	382.1 KB
ID:	34917

Name:	image-2102096377.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	346.3 KB
ID:	34918

Name:	image-983120120.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	432.6 KB
ID:	34919
NJ5N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #102
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gulf Stream Bounty Hunter

I just recently learned that there were 2 floorplans offered in 2009 for the Bounty Hunter.

The 381 and 381B (Diesel FRED I think):

Name:	BH 381.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	35204

And the 3916:

Name:	BH 3916.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	35205

Small things make a big difference in the main room...and it should be noted that these ALL had a 12foot deep garage!

Very Nice and seems like they are very rare too.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #103
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
DownUnder Class A (Bus) Toyhauler

This movie is just great. The car is a Mini Moke...little brother of the original Mini Cooper. This SHOULD be done here in the States with a Coach and a Jeep!

But just like most Toyhaulers, the engine has to be somewhere forward of the garage
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 04-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #104
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
People constantly looking for this information made sticky here for now maybe moved to other forum.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #105
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
People constantly looking for this information made sticky here for now maybe moved to other forum.
MANY THANKS! I hope this brings more visits to the thread, and more posts from others that have Class A Toyhaulers!

Safe travels to all
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 04-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #106
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's worth mention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ON: March 20, 2013

Best-selling Toy Haulers Reveal Thor Motor Coach’s Outlaw as #1

March 20, 2013 (Elkhart, In.) - Outlaw Toy Haulers are the best retail selling, dedicated Class A Toy Hauler Motorhome, in North America for 2012 according to Statistical Surveys. Outlaw from Thor Motor Coach, North America’s most chosen motorhome manufacturer, continues to be the best selling and most affordable Class A Toy Haulers on the market.

Outlaw Toy Haulers are attracting buyers outside the original market for which it was created. Now more and more customers are finding these Toy Haulers are not just for hauling toys, like motorcycles and ATV’s. Outlaw Toy Haulers are the best choice for people wanting maximum flexibility in a self-contained motorhome with space for just about anything.

Just a few of the Toy Hauler’s possibilities;
· Dog grooming studio
· Mobile dental office
· Mobile office area
· Medical examination rooms
· Hunting lodge
· Mobile blood drive unit
· Family with pets or bicycles
· Or just the ultimate tailgating & party RV

Recently introduced, the 37MD model extends the Outlaw Toy Hauler’s desirability by adding a second slide room, which is dual-purposed as a second living area or dedicated bedroom. This functionality is the result of input from consumers looking to own a motorized toy hauler for hauling both people and toys, but also want to have a single motorhome that can be converted for full-time camping. A sliding glass door separate the garage from the front of the coach and includes a powered shade for privacy.

The 37LS model features a massive super-slide in the front of the coach for an unobstructed living area. The toy hauler’s oversize booth dinette can easily accommodate four people for dinner, while the front captain’s chairs swivel to make visiting others on the large hide-a-bed sofa a snap.

Either model can be equipped with an electric drop down bunk over the cockpit area. This bed slides down to provide a comfortable sleeping space for two, when not in use it can be slid up and out of the way, camouflaging itself into the ceiling.

Outlaw Toy Haulers can be converted into the hottest hangout in the campground by expanding the garage and ramp door into a place for entertaining. An optional patio railing system forms a terrace off the rear of the coach, while optional fold-down sofas will accommodate seating for six inside the garage. Whether it’s coolers, lawn chairs, grills, ATV’s, motorcycles, golf carts or bicycles, if you can pack it, stack it or roll it, the Outlaw garage is ready for fun!

Full details on these best-selling Toy Haulers can be found at: http://OutlawRV.com/

For more information about Thor Motor Coach, North America’s top selling motorhome brand, call (800) 860-5658, visit http://ThorMotorCoach.com, or write to: Thor Motor Coach, Inc., PO Box 1486, Elkhart, Indiana 46515.

About Thor Motor Coach
Thor Motor Coach, Inc. is an operating unit of Thor Industries, Inc. (NYSE:THO), producing various motorized recreational vehicles that are sold throughout the United States and Canada. Thor Motor Coach’s RV brands include Class C Motorhomes; Four Winds and Chateau, Super C Motorhomes; Four Winds Super C RV and Chateau Super C RV, Mercedes Benz Sprinter Based Diesel Motorhomes; Siesta Sprinter and Citation Sprinter, Class B Plus Motorhomes; Siesta and Citation, Class A Motorhomes Gas; A.C.E., Daybreak, Challenger, Hurricane, Windsport, and Outlaw Toy Haulers, Class A Diesel Motorhomes; Palazzo and TuscanyTAG & XTE.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 04-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #107
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And - in the interest of fairness and balance...here's a really good picture of the Newmar Canyon Star 3920's garage looking forward. Currently offered here:
Sky River RV Dublin - Mobile Site

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	36759

This shot shows the layout of the components (door and step, storage cabinette, washer/dryer hook-up, etc) and YES, that's a ladder on the floor to access the rooftop...something you don't get in the Outlaw model line
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 04-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #108

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
"Outlaw Toy Haulers can be converted into the hottest hangout in the campground by expanding the garage and ramp door into a place for entertaining."

Yup....
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #109

Oh great ... now I'm wanting a toy hauler.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #110

Hey Toy Hauler Gang!

Looking at trading my RV for a 2009 Georgetown GTX3600 Toy Hauler. Only 5 k miles!
I would be interested in knowing if anyone has g
Had experience with this rig? You know, before I stumble in a sign away a few bucks, lol

Thanks!
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #111

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
Hey Toy Hauler Gang!

Looking at trading my RV for a 2009 Georgetown GTX3600 Toy Hauler. Only 5 k miles!
I would be interested in knowing if anyone has g
Had experience with this rig? You know, before I stumble in a sign away a few bucks, lol

Thanks!
My only experience with this was looking at one when I was doing my initial review. With the exception of the loft they are very similar to a 3808 Outlaw, and have no height issue as we do. All in all a nice rig. The only draw back (for me) was the lack of that loft , which you'll find when you have guests in your living room in the morning while frying your eggs! Obviously, depending on price and budget, it might be just what you're looking for....of course, that's coming from a die hard "I Love my Outlaw" owner, so it has to be taken with a grain (or more) of salt.

Either way, best of luck!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #112

Smile Outgrowing funmover

1st post, hope in correct place.
My wife and I purchased a 2005 funmover 31c new and have loved using it pre children. We now have 2 wonderful kids (2-4) plus our family golden retriever to travel with and can see we are outgrowing the funmover fast. We have a full garage of mx bikes and now a mini quad and a ttr50. Garage isn't really as big of an issue as the living space and storage space inside the camper seems to be. No pop outs make for some tight living and I can only see it getting tighter. The option of a class a camper pulling a trailer will not work with our parking at home, so we are looking for advice on class a toy hauler, pro and cons of makes plus is there any rv shows close to nj coming up soon to view any? How about selling the fun mover or trading in at dealer? Thanks so much in advanced for any help.
Powerfact is offline   Reply With Quote