Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2016, 03:37 PM   #589

Yeah. ..I have a new rv in 2014. I get the depreciation. Just saying add that to the exchange...hurts. As it was explained to me, the Cdn Dealer buys the RV from the US and pays in US dollars. Thst costs him 30 cents on the dollar which of course raise the price by the same amount to me. Too bad dealers didn't buy inventory at par. .. and thanks I saw the one on AB too but I emailed to see if it was still available and got no reply. My dealer here says he priced the gas version in error...who knows...oh well thanks for responding!
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2016, 08:19 PM   #590

Me thinks some Canooks got too comfortable to the artificial Us$/c$ exchange rate during the commodity boon. The fact that a Canadian RV buyer can buy less with his C$ now is not a dealer conspiracy but an economic reality. Were there any Canadians crying when my US$ bought less Molson beer when the US$ was weaker?
Wdeertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:28 PM   #591

We're fortunate that we have some US income so the exchange rate doesn't affect us, we just use US$ when we go south. And back when we bought ours in 2014 we got a good enough deal here in Canada that it wasn't worth it to buy from the US.

Back in 2013 though I saved several thousand buying my Moto Guzzi in Seattle instead of Vancouver.

Our low Can$ compared to the US$ should be a good thing for Americans coming to Canada but it's really hurt the economy of the US border town just across the border, so much so in fact that they're closing the large department store. Prior to our $ hitting 70 cents you used to see anywhere from 50-75% BC plates in the parking lot of that department store. Now when I go down I'm lucky to see one or two. Kinda sucks cause now the next closest department store is 45 minutes further south, not to mention the lost jobs.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:33 AM   #592

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
I think you mentioned that you've never trailered a bike before. A couple tips about tying a bike down. Don't fully compress your suspension with your tie downs. You want to snug them down so you're about half way through your fork travel. Compressing the suspension too far is the quickest way to blow fork seals that I know. You want the bike to be able to "float" on it's suspension, BUT without your straps coming undone.

That's where tip #2 comes in. Once your straps are secure, use a bungy cord run from eye to eye on each bungy. Do NOT hook the bungy to the tie down anchor or the bike. What this does is keep tension on the strap, even if you hit a big bump and the bike bottoms it's suspension. I have never had a strap come off since I started doing this.
Appreciate the tips. To clarify I have hauled bikes in the past just never owned the trailer. So I never had to make the decision which chock to use. You do have some good tips on strapping down tho. Thanks.

I will be purchasing a chock with a wide base.

Thanks for all the info.
HarleyOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #593
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Outlaw 37LS model to be ended for 2017

Rumors reported by owners have been confirmed. The carry-over model of the original and best selling Class A Toy Hauler, the Outlaw 3611 -》 37LS is being phased out.

This from ThorMotorCoach customer service:
Quote:
The Outlaw 37LS is not going to be available for 2017. We are still building 2016 units but have stopped releasing them - we will start to release 2017 units in the coming weeks.*

We still have some 37LS units on line and at the dealers lot.*

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks...
The rumors further report there will be a replacement model with a 13' deep garage, no loft sleeping area and a drop-down bunk in the garage.

Stay tuned as details become available.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:04 PM   #594
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And...here it is, the new for Model Year 2017 Outlaw 37BG (they reportedly start building the MY in late spring of the preceding year):
Click to enlarge...
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 37bg.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	119330
We have no affiliation with Performance RV.

NEW Features include:
~The Big Garage (BG?) is 13.5' (162") deep.
~50" TV in the garage.
~Separate 27gal fueling station (not pulling from RV tank (add'l capacity and ability use premium for the toys as needed).
~Versa Track pre-installed in garage.
~Garage door/Ramp is key activated.
~36"x30" Shower is 6' deeper than the LS and RB.
~Sleeping for 9-10! w/opposing seating/bench bunks and drop-down queen in the garage, plus the regular dinette, sofa sleeper and front drop-down bunk.

The Outlaw's standard loft is gone, so there will surely be more headroom for taller toys.

Thanks to Rob for the scoop:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/i-lo...ml#post2941932

Opinions?
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 02-19-2016, 01:54 PM   #595

Nahhh. Not sleeping in the garage. Loft..ok.
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #596
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A nice walkaround of the Canyon Star 3922 (shed model)

We have no affiliation to Avalon RV

It's a Toy Hauler...just a bit smaller space for the toys than other models.

Opinions?
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #597
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Prototype Photos

The new Outlaw 37BG is caught on the assembly line...

Name:	37BG garage2.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	120876

Name:	37BG garage.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	120877

Seems the prototype drawings were already modified with the VersaTrac and 50" TV being swapped in the garage.

It's a whole refresh for Motorized Toy Haulers...
...Where there has been a gradual migration toward more living space in the past (Canyon Star 3921 and 3922 and Outlaw 37RB)...this is a whole new focus on the garage.

It has climate control, seating, dining, and sleeping facilities all there. Just add a piece of carpet to roll-out and it is a true multi-purpose room (Office, Shop, Kennel, Sewing or Gear Room) for anything you want.

Photo credit to: 2017 OUTLAW 37BG 13’5″ GARAGE FOR SIDE BY SIDES.
We are not affiliated.

And if you look close, you can see the next one (in Red Rock colors) in line behind this one (Super Nova colors)

Name:	Outlaw in line.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	120881

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-09-2016, 12:05 AM   #598

Well...........
To my taste, I don't really care about this BG floorplan.
Also, I don't get the RE and RF being called Outlaws. Does anybody know why? They're just like every other normal RV. No garage.....
Is it because of the ramp/deck?
I thought Outlaws were all the garage floorplans.
Anyway......
The RB, IMO, is the best floorplan for two couples, or two friends, who want to carry a couple of motorcycles.
The beds are there, they're ready and separate, you don't need to pull any sofa-bed, do or undo anything every time you go to bed or get out of bed.
The LS, is the perfect floorplan for one couple. You have the loft and the garage for one or two motorcycles.
Lots of living space.
The loft, IMO, is the best idea ever, for a floorplan with a garage.
It's like they were reading my mind, even before I knew what I wanted.
Just so people know, I'm in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and planning a trip to the US. And depending if I go with a girlfriend, or just a friend who will face the trip through 48 states, and 8 months, it will either be the LS or the RB.
mark-rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:42 AM   #599
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
MHSRV has received the first Outlaw 37BG I can find advertised:
New 2017 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw

The garage is over 9' tall and 13.5' deep!

Name:	1_2321_1863198_40411600.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	123327

The salon has opposing seating with dinette and couch on opposite sides of the room, and mid kitchen and bath.

Name:	1_2321_1863198_40411604.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	123328

Safe travels

Photo credit to MHSRV - we are not affiliated in any way.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 05-30-2016, 11:54 PM   #600
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are currently five Outlaw 37BG's on different dealer websites for sale, and all but one have the garage TV on the passenger side front garage wall and VersaTrac on the driver's side garage wall...and no washer/dryer hook-up...just like the diagram released by the factory.

The one unit (shown above) with the TV on the driver's side (and washer/dryer connection box) must be the demo/prototype...all future 37BG's will have no washer/dryer hook-ups...like reported in this factory Rep's session with a Dealer's staff:

So...if someday in the future anyone sees this one-of-a-kind Outlaw (shown in the photos, above) and wonders...yep it was the first one. Kinda' special.

BTW, Performance RV took and shared the assembly line photos (above), but the prototype went to MHSRV. It's still there despite a later built model having already sold. So, do the designers know best...or is it that buyers prefer the RedRock exterior paint over SuperNova? I bet it's the paint.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 05-31-2016, 03:12 PM   #601

Slingshot fits in 12' 3808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
There are currently five Outlaw 37BG's on different dealer websites for sale, and all but one have the garage TV on the passenger side front garage wall and VersaTrac on the driver's side garage wall...and no washer/dryer hook-up...just like the diagram released by the factory.

The one unit (shown above) with the TV on the driver's side (and washer/dryer connection box) must be the demo/prototype...all future 37BG's will have no washer/dryer hook-ups...like reported in this factory Rep's session with a Dealer's staff:

So...if someday in the future anyone sees this one-of-a-kind Outlaw (shown in the photos, above) and wonders...yep it was the first one. Kinda' special.

BTW, Performance RV took and shared the assembly line photos (above), but the prototype went to MHSRV. It's still there despite a later built model having already sold. So, do the designers know best...or is it that buyers prefer the RedRock exterior paint over SuperNova? I bet it's the paint.

Safe travels
The larger garage would be nice but not sure I want to give up on the loft. Found a way to get the Slingshot in and its a little work getting this lined up but it goes.

Name:	Slingshot rear pic.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	128762

Name:	Slingshot front pic.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	503.9 KB
ID:	128771

I did have to use some 6' UTV ramps to get the angle on the front not to drag. And just used a small winch to pull it in. First time had a little learning curve and its tight!!
btwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:54 AM   #602

Outlaw 38RF

We take delivery of the 2016 Thor Outlaw 38RF this Thursday. We wrestled between the Outlaw 38RE and RF and a Challenger but liked the bigger Bedroom and rear deck with kitchen and big 50" TV where the Dogs can stay tie out free while we sip coffee, watch some TV in the AM or late PM. The kicker was the rear awning!
Dean4bama is offline   Reply With Quote