Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #1

Classified Section???

Want to buy a specific model/year Monoco or equivalent. 1996,97,98. 34 to 36 feet. Does this forum have a calssified section, like for sale by owners, that I can't find. Suggestions?? I have searched using search tempest and RV Trader. Thanks
fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
The link to our free classified section is at the top of every forum page, in the green toolbar under the photo.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #3

Also, just because it says SOLD doesn't necessarily mean it's sold. I've had to update my ad twice because it comes up as being sold when it hasn't actually. must be something automated in the system after a certain amount of time.
4tfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fighterpilot I was on this site for months before I ran across that bar, so your not alone. Of course, I'm no fighterpilot, but hunt is in my name. Good luck in finding what your shopping for. Got to run, need to find my reading glasses!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
If you don't find what you want in the IRV2 classifieds, try RVTrader.com.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Try oodle.com and set up your search parameters.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #7

Thanks, I guess I can blame my failure to see on my failing eye sight at 80 years old. As a young fighter pilot over Hanoi I wouldn't have missed it. I should have know a forum as classy as this one would have a classified section.
I am using search tempest for craigslist and RV trader. Sometimes I just search thru google and it will bring up oodle as well. If I could find one for sale from a forum member such as this forum I would have a good chance of getting some service records and the manuals, hence my query. Thanks for the guidance.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #8

Specifically looking for a 1997 Monaco Dynasty 34 or 36 feet. Want the 97 because they had the big back door that opened to the engine and still had the mechanical 300HP engine.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you find one out of your area you can ask here in the forums for someone local to the unit who might be able to suggest someone reputable to get it checked out for you.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #10

JohnRR, appreciate the suggestions. I am willing to fly to look at them or drive 500 miles but hate to do either and find out the owner's description and my understanding of that description are on two different levels of reality. A present or previous owner would be a big help to me in that regard. Thanks
Old 04-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #11

fighter, I had same situation when I was looking. Out of ALL I looked at, inc 1 from a dealer...ALL were said immaculate....WE wasted SO much time traveling at stinky, no maint or low maint junk. It was amazing. I sure hope folks keep their SB homes cleaner than they did their "spotless" RV! During my hunt I only ran across 1 34' Dynasty and it had a 5.9...all others were longer...hopefully your hunt goes quicker/easier
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #12

sc3283-note you have a 96, 36 footer--do you have to remove the bottom half of the ladder to open the aft engine compartment door to access the engine from outside, or is the door narrow enough to just open up? On the 1997 the door was really wide and provided a large opening to the engine. Also, is your fuel filter right there as you open your door so you can reach it while standing on the ground? Thanks